Sign in to follow this  
Mypoppy

To Xallo/Alyeska and the Dragon hunting Posse

I always say dragons should be un-pennable, people use new non-premium alts and send them shaker orbs via mail to trap them without much travelling to the servers. It is very easy to pen them once you find them. People should have to kill them on the spot, which seems the best option. 

1 minute ago, Sin said:

Sucks, yeah, your effort and time all went down the drain.

A simple solution to uniques would completly remove the current drama going around uniques: Remove twitter alerts for uniques. - Unique rumors are exactly same thing as Information Minister in PVP servers which is about to get removed. Basically all kind of alerts in game like this are completly ruining it, while everything is so slow and grindy at once you find out there is dragon spawned while your sitting in your cottage in middle of nowhere. So simple change to game that would make Wurm much better and would reward the actual hunters and explorers not just people that go out of their deed once a month when they see that rumor in event

Now that would be a interesting solution, bet you wouldn't see those dragon groups going from server to server in search of more easy money.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sin said:

Remove twitter alerts for uniques.

+1

This is now a suggestion post about unique alerts

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Niki said:

The thing is it doesn't make you friends here and it wont make you friends on chaos/epic, it make the Wurm community look like trash also! But keep doing what you like I guess, that attitude is the worst type of toxic there is, karma catches up to people like that eventually.

You are assuming those people are looking for friends. Dragons aren't about making friends, they are about making money. You can thank the nerds of the freedom servers for trying to make some kind of economy in game and coupling that economy to real life currency. And no, karma does not exist, and this type of behavior will not catch up to them eventually. There is a sucker born every minute.

14 minutes ago, Jebrix said:

We need some sort of system whereby within a reasonable (few months for drake, couple years for scale for example) time frame, people can earn and collect items on their own, through participation in kills and possible other methods.

There is a system already in place. It's called playing the game. Or did you mean more of a communal type of prize give away, where all you have to do is be a warm body with a subscription to receive the prize? Because if so, sign me up...there is definitely no way that could be abused.

Hash has a good point also, remove shaker orbs from being mailed (I can't believe this really.)

15 minutes ago, Sin said:

Sucks, yeah, your effort and time all went down the drain.

A simple solution to uniques would completly remove the current drama going around uniques: Remove twitter alerts for uniques. - Unique rumors are exactly same thing as Information Minister in PVP servers which is about to get removed. Basically all kind of alerts in game like this are completly ruining it, while everything is so slow and grindy at once you find out there is dragon spawned while your sitting in your cottage in middle of nowhere. So simple change to game that would make Wurm much better and would reward the actual hunters and explorers not just people that go out of their deed once a month when they see that rumor in event

If uniques spawn on all freedom servers at a set rate, and not just one unique randomly on one of the servers, then your solution does nothing to stop dragon slaying groups. Assuming uniques spawn on some kind of timer that can be approximated to within a few days, then you can bet your ass that there will be people that will figure out a way to hunt them down efficiently. I honestly don't know because I don't concern myself with piddling around looking for dragon armor.

3 minutes ago, Pinchaloaf said:

You are assuming those people are looking for friends. Dragons aren't about making friends, they are about making money. You can thank the nerds of the freedom servers for trying to make some kind of economy in game and coupling that economy to real life currency. And no, karma does not exist, and this type of behavior will not catch up to them eventually. There is a sucker born every minute.

There is a system already in place. It's called playing the game. Or did you mean more of a communal type of prize give away, where all you have to do is be a warm body with a subscription to receive the prize? Because if so, sign me up...there is definitely no way that could be abused.

Sorry to burst your bubble but karma exists.  It's called human retribution.  When you do crappy things to others and people find out about it those people are likely to pay you back.  That's karma mate, in the form of vengeance or justice depending on where you stand.

• Like 1

I like it Slickshot, getting the word out is the first step.

Oh yeah Slick? So what's the retribution for these "criminals" to the well being of the freedom servers? You going to go grief their deeds? Maybe try to steal some of their things? Kill some of their pets?

The vengeance stick is nothing more than kindling on the freedom servers bubba.

For the sake of not getting my thread locked or removed, lets keep everything mature and civil thanks :)

Don't read my posts with the voice of Walter Sobchak in your head. Instead, think of Jack Burton.

And you know what ol' Jack Burton says at a time like this...

6 minutes ago, Pinchaloaf said:

Oh yeah Slick? So what's the retribution for these "criminals" to the well being of the freedom servers? You going to go grief their deeds? Maybe try to steal some of their things? Kill some of their pets?

The vengeance stick is nothing more than kindling on the freedom servers bubba.

Too much conspiracy mate.  Sit down.

Thank you for using name and shame properly poppy.  I've seen too many examples of people trying to insult others with a thread and claim it as name and shame, when that isn't what name and shame is meant for.  It's meant to bring light to people who are untrustworthy or thieves or people you should avoid doing business with and is often backed up with proof.  Thank you for doing it the right way and not just flaming Xallo and Alyeska.

• Like 2

Thank you Slickshot, I am doing my best to keep everything mature.

Okay, i didn't feel like this but

Yes, we run a hunting group. We search server and hunt uniques as a group, we do this for fun. It is enjoyable to get a group of friends together and try to take down one of the few things that isn't a one shot kill. On Pristine and Release, usually these hunts are made public so people can come and join into the fun, because as a general rule the residents of these servers return the favor. When people help us search and alert us to the location of a unique, they are included. Why wasn't mypoppy invited then? Read below.

Today on Exodus, I was under the impression Exodus runs a private slaying group themselves, as shown by the last dragon kill there having only 18 members, so I figured I would do a private kill there too.

Since scale and drake are distributed among every person in local, it is beneficial to do these in small groups, wether people like this or not, getting a 0.005 piece of drake or scale from a slaying will take a very long time to make an armour set. Smaller group, more hide, you see how that works...

So, some of Mypoppys friends, happen to be my friends too. They are within the same village. Two of these people are included in our hunting group, and due to some miscommunication, somehow mypoppy and another villager were under the impression that if they would share their search map, they automatically would be in this group. When he pmed me his map, I told him I did not have time to use it right now, but the 4 sentences I typed to him were not responded to. At all. There was no communication involved other than a link to a map - a map I had already received from our mutual friend. It doesn't work that way, as I explained to our mutual friend, people are normally voted into the group and discussed before being added, but I promised I would talk with the group (as I am simply not the boss, everything is done through discussion) on how we could make sure to include mypoppy, and the other villager on the day of the kill, it isn't good to exclude someone if they genuinely helped and aren't just looking to hitch a free ride to loot.

We spent about 5 hours searching with a number of people - eventually succesful - and started to vote on a time and date that would work for people.

Mr poppy however apperantly did either not get this part of the conversation or was simply so riled up that instead he pmed me ingame spouting some vile stuff around. I chose to put him on ignore for the time being rather than go into a lengty curseword discussion. I talked with our mututal friend and said I will take him off my ignore list in a few days so he can think about stuff and talk, if he wants to.

I am unsure if there is some kindof miscoomunication happening here, but you were actually going to be included in the kill up until the point that you started cursing at me in pm. That's when I decided it would probably not be interesting to have you around. The other villager that was not part of the group but searched did get to join in our attempted slaying today. I am not sure what is going on with you, as your friends assured me you are a very kind person, but from what I have seen is nothing but a link, a bunch of curse words, and a whole lot of vile nonsense on both forums and ingame chats.

Mypoppy, I hope you are still enjoying the drake set we gave you at one of our slayings. You seemed much nicer back then.

Now some people probably are going to not agree with this, but I think if you do not put any effort towards searching, hunting, penning or anything like this, you do not have any entitlement to a slaying. Other things in the game do not get handed to you on a silver platter just because it is on your server or because someone else already has done so many. When someone works hours and hours on something and gets rewarded for it at work, are you going to complain because they already worked hard last month and got a reward then too? No, you shut up and accept it, or you take an effort to do the same, or more work. Some people cannot dedicate so much time to wurm, but to only complain about how someone else does, it shows incredible immaturity to me. To curse them out in pm, call them names, or thieves, shows more of their character than it does of mine, because I am not the one resorting to name calling and slander.

The public slaying is still on tomorrow but threads like these are not motivational to continue such efforts. It is a shame too because most the people who bothered to actually talk to me seemed very nice.

It'll all fall on deaf ears anyway. People who want to believe others are wrongdoers will just be happy to see any post, no matter how ridiculous, and accept it like total and only truth.

Edited by Alyeska
  • Like 1

The situation was explained to you Aly, and yet nothing was done on your end as your feelings were hurt from my being honest. You unsuccessfully attempted the slaying without me, the primary contributor of the map.

• Like 1

Well, there we have it. Mypoppy and Niki trying to create drama.
Who would have guessed.

Paste the chatlogs for us Mypoppy, show this 'terrible behaviour' aly displayed. kek
I'll be refreshing every 5 seconds like skirmish thread I guess

• Like 1

Private loot is bollocks. 

We are the 99%!

Occupy Exodus!

In all honesty though, I'm sick of dragon drama, they need a ninja buff so the next small group/private slaying gets their chocolate chimney sweeped with a pineapple.

1 minute ago, Revelation said:

they need a ninja buff so the next small group/private slaying gets their chocolate chimney sweeped with a pineapple.

"if i can't have it, nobody can!" mentality
nIce-Cube.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stik said:

Well, there we have it. Mypoppy and Niki trying to create drama.
Who would have guessed.

Paste the chatlogs for us Mypoppy, show this 'terrible behaviour' aly displayed. kek
I'll be refreshing every 5 seconds like skirmish thread I guess

No drama just the truth.

I normally don't like getting involved in touchy subjects openly, but considering the thread title, I'll take a bite and attempt to explain from my perspective without too much naming / shaming.

Just the other day the Blue Dragon spawned on Exodus, and our group decided to go take a look for it. After about 4 hours of searching, the unique was found. The decision to search in the West part of the map to begin with was not influenced by any map Mypoppy gave us. For what it's worth, I was busy working on classwork so was just floating around in a sailboat when I ran into it.

Anyway, we penned it and tried to kill it. That didn't work, obviously.

After the kill, we started getting people in local including Wolfkita and a few others (whose names I will not mention because after the altercation, we talked about the situation professionally without resorting to mudslinging). For this reason, we decided to hold off on the kill for awhile. The reason for this decision is because of a member of our group asked to be apart of a dragon slaying in which I believe Wolkita organized, and was denied. For this, we decided to postpone the slaying.

We left the server, and shortly afterwards some digging, building, mining, woodcutting was heard near the dragon pen. After some brief talk, it turns out the group who was attempting to "free" the dragon claimed that they were doing it for Exodus, to make it a kill for the people of the server.

Well, I can respect that (which is why now the kill is public), but infact I feel that this is simply untrue (take a look at the last two kills on Exodus, does that look like "all of Exodus"? -> https://www.niarja.com/servers/exodus). If it was truly a public kill for Exodus, I am quite sure that more than 16 people would show up for the fight, as well as our dear friend and her villagers who were denied access to the fight.

Even though they were denied, they respected the decision, and did not go out looking for trouble, unlike what some people seemed to enjoy doing today.

Without going too much more into TL;DR, what I can say is that a particular group of people is upset that another particular group of people penned a unique before they did, and are now resorting to shitty in-game tactics, mudslinging on the forums, and what I assume is lying to everyone about how evil some people are.

So to make everyone happy and hopefully have some good come out of the situation, as mentioned above, we made the kill public.

We would sincerely appreciate that people who know nothing of the situation, or were not present, quit trolling the kill thread, and instead try to see the irony in my post above.

Thanks for reading, and hopefully you find some sense in what I say and enjoy the kill with us tomorrow. :)

• Like 2

Just now, Niki said:

No drama just the truth.

Oh yeah Niki, I thought you said you were quitting when you told Xallo our charity auction for cancer was a scam. Did you ever get that white scale set your """"""" friend""""""" tried to buy for you with his unverified paypal account?

Just make it right with Mypoppy and close the thread... surely you can afford give give him a trinket? You guys literally have unlimited scale/hide. It would set a good image on both of you.

11 minutes ago, Stik said:

2 minutes ago, Alyeska said:

Oh yeah Niki, I thought you said you were quitting when you told Xallo our charity auction for cancer was a scam. Did you ever get that white scale set your """"""" friend""""""" tried to buy for you with his unverified paypal account?

There's the Aly we all know.  Thanks for showing your true colors.  That didn't take long at all.  We should have taken bets.  Damn.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Niki said:

Just make it right with Mypoppy and close the thread... surely you can afford give give him a trinket? You guys literally have unlimited scale/hide. It would set a good image on both of you.

scroll up seems mypoppy got more than he deserves already