Sign in to follow this  
Mypoppy

To Xallo/Alyeska and the Dragon hunting Posse

Hello everyone, I am here to talk about the injustice that I would of never thought to happen to me.

First off, this is a Freedom event and is in no way associated with chaos affiliations. I will be leaving out names and villages due to protecting my friends and others who are not as deeply involved.

We all know they (Xallo and Alyeska) run a very popular Dragon hunting crew, who preach about fairness and fun for all, this can be seen in a recent post about the public slaying of a Blue Dragon. They are offering a public slaying to share their scale and blood for everyone, very generous indeed. What you do not know is what they did to find this Dragon, and who they unfortunately trampled in the process. With some advice from my close friends, I have decided to share the story in the most honest way I can, in hopes that the public can decide if my disappointment is justified. When this Blue Dragon spawned on Exodus, the village I am apart of instantly set out to find this dragon.

After 2 and a half hours I logged on and joined the search effort, and off we went in hopes of finding our first dragon! The first problem I realized was the lack of organization, and I had the perfect solution for this. I quickly found a online software that we could all edit and draw on at will, I uploaded the Exodus map and invited three of my fellow villagers in the hunt. This worked out very well as we mapped out everywhere we've been, and where we have not. We quickly created a systematic, easy to follow map of everywhere we have searched, and it was amazing. It was close to hour number four of searching Exodus that one of my good friends suggested that we share the map that I brought everyone together for with an outside group, Xallo and Alyeska. Now you're probably thinking "Wait poppy! This is where you went wrong! Why did you do that!?!?" Haha, yes my friends, I know. But I trust people to easy, maybe that is my fault. I shared the link to Alyeska, the current point of contact for the time being and off they went! They borrowed some horses from our village and started sailing to points we have not mapped on our shared project. Within 20-30 minutes they found the Blue Dragon by visiting a location we have not fully explored (U12 of Exodus) And it was annotated as such on the map. Now we were all very happy about them finding the Dragon, as we all expected to be apart of this awesome slaying for scale and blood... That's the decent thing to do.. Right?

Unfortunately it was not so. Initially Alyeska only allowed one of our villagers, who she was friends with, to attend this private slaying. And this made me very livid, my whole village contributed to this finding! We spent near 5 hours mapping Exodus and shared it with Alyeska in hopes of working together. Only to be rejected and excluded to the slaying, this seems very wrong in my book. Me, being as angry as I was about my village being left out, quickly PM'ed Alyeska with unsavory words and comments. This resulted in me being blocked almost instantly. About an hour later I am told that my village is now invited, but I am banned from the Blue Dragon Slaying and all future private hunts with the group. Seems a bit ironic?

Creating a map that led to the direct capture of this Dragon and being excluded for defending my village.

And now Alyeska, you expect me to apologize to you just to be invited into your secret super awesome group?

I think not ma'am. I will keep my pride for now.

How do you all feel about this? Am I justified in my feelings? Looking forward from hearing from ya all :) Thanks.

P.S Enjoy the public slaying all! They failed their private slaying and now are inviting all to help kill for private loot among their group.

Edited by Mypoppy
  • Like 10

15 minutes ago, Mypoppy said:

Personally I think you shouldn't post this asking for our opinions, as you'll get a huge variety as well as a lot of unnecessary flack.  You did well to alert people to the debauchery of the situation though.  That's the overall point of this thread, at least I hope it is.

I can't speak very personally on the matter of dragon hunting, but I've heard stories surrounding Alyeska, and they're rarely good.  I can't verify those stories though.  I can say that I held a public hunt for the kyklops before, and when I denied her as the butcher she wasn't happy about it.  I replaced her with someone else, she was cranky about it, and we moved on.  Thanks for the heads up though concerning those two unique hunters.  

Edited by Slickshot

possibly alyeska was not aware of ur role at the time, due to the intermediary and all the buzz that goes with these things, and it kinda spiralled too soon.. still: sad story.  hope it ends well.

Wow i do not agree with this at all!! How is that fair, firstly? Second, why is this even a situation in the first place? This puts shame and dishonor on your name Alyeska. Also, this should have been handled differently. The lack of consideration to hear both sides of the story is inexcusable in my book, and i question the favoritism shown towards Alyeska.

On another note, should you ever need help finding dragons in the future let me know idc to even get anything from it just seeing it would be awesome! :D haha i can totally be cannon fodder, what better way to die right? "I died today, and im not even messed up about it" how did you die? "a friggin Dragon devoured me thats how finger food to a majestic beast!

Anyways back to the matter at hand....This situation needs a second review from what seems like a very biased mediator, i also believe compensation is in order, as well as public appology and admittance of their greedy and inconciderate act.

Heh, sad to see that kind of thing happen (again). I know I'm an evil-doer for having semi-private hunts on deliverance, with peeps who search around and take part of the hunt, but this, once again prove how right i am in my beliefs and overall secrecy.

Trust is probably the most valuable thing anyone have on Wurm and betraying that trust usually end badly for you (and/or the peeps involved with you). And this, instead of bringing the community together is only going to split it further. Uniques by design are bad, but do us as a whole need to be even worse and only directed by greed and our own wallet.

Having hunting crew able to help is a good thing but excluding the locals is the worse thing that can happen even more when they spent time looking for a creature.

Maybe it's time to rework them. Make them spawn more often, with less drop and be easier for smaller groups. Fix the silliness of them being trapped in caves forever by making them move every week (you know, that will help on big servers as well). Fix the stupidity of valrei drop, make it valrei dust shared between all the fighters (like the hide / scale) and through a means or another allow us to create said charges.

TL;DR. Don't abuse trust, Uniques need to be fixed, RGN is bad.

• Like 3

Large Carts or Wagons is the answer to butchering a unique is how I ran my last white dragon kill butcher.

just butcher them inside a large cart by anyone w/t a butcher title. this avoids dishonest people :)

and can be watched by raid leader via permissions for butcher on cart :)

My post quoted from the other thread:

Drama Dragons are really a highlight in Wurm. When will the Devs actually make the game fair for people right now its terrible? The same groups kill them every time are very toxic individuals also, (not all of them are but majority I've met are), even if you do manage to find it, they kill it anyways because they have more people and take the loot. Wurm isn't fun, this system is the worst out there, I play a lot of mmo's and I'm a raider in several of them. Anyone that has more than 70 unique kills are the greedy ones here, I think its time to stop the greed personally. 

Easy fix:

Have a world dragon spawn the same simply give it a week before it keels over, everyone can experience it but can only loot it once, because valrei is so rare no changed need happen keep the blood+small drake/scale the same. 

Please make a change, drama is getting old..its justified though.

Edited by Niki
  • Like 4

All very good points, I just want to refocus on that this post is not about private slayings, rather about taking advantage of people.

• Like 4

With uniques such as a dragon dropping enough scale for a small group to make a set of scale armor, and a chance for valeri item to drop these kills could be worth several hundred dollars instantly, so it is easy to see why they are preferred to be killed by small groups.

A small group of players going around killing these uniques have a chance to net several thousand dollars worth of items in a month. Kinda detracts from the game in my opinion when players who would like a chance to improve there own gear loose out to those that just want to pad there wallet.

• Like 8

I really hope you don't mind me posting this Poppy, I was going to make a similar matured thread of how 'toxic' some of these egotistical dragon hunter people are today actually... Please note not all off them are bad!

Please bare with me for a moment, reading the whole thing helps though!

My and my friend recently bought Waterdeep on Pristine which i'm sure a lot of you are aware. Recently someone accused me of being a troublemaker on pristine after I put in my application to there alliance. While I admit I stir drama occasionally, I am not a criminal. People that really know me and not my forum persona I've created can attest to that.

Name/shame is perfectly okay if you have facts and logs to back up your claims, I'm all for bringing to light misconduct! The pristine alliance person told me I did something terrible to her in the past, she said on December 2014. I think I might of spent over a hour trying to find out what I did on December 2014, having kept all my logs since I started playing. It turns out nothing, just trivial stuff - someone cheated me on a sale and a player deeded over my old friend's place when it dropped. I asked her to provide the log and she ignored me or left the conversation.

To those players on Pristine, I really don't appreciate you making up lies about me and it just makes me think your not nice. Having recently moved to Pristine with a good friend who is new to the game, you are saying he isn't welcomed either? I'm genuinely a nice person.

I never played with "you" or met most of you, so your making me think some bad thoughts about this server now.

The point I'm trying to make here, is I hate dragon drama and most of my not so pleasant threads are because of this. Change needs to happen, there is to much drama being created because of misunderstandings. Most know me as a reliable merchant and a rare and supreme seller. Fix whatever you did to insult this player, and quit being greedy seriously!

Edited by Niki
spelling errors
  • Like 1

Quit being a cuck and just go out and kill these things for your own village.

Damn, more trolling and griefing happens on the freedom servers than could ever happen on PvP. If you don't want to be taken by someone, then pull one over on them first.

• Like 1

A slight derail Niki lol, but no worries. As long as it doesn't become the focus ya know?

• Like 1

I've always been in favor of helping the locals rather than plunder all servers. We might need a word from Rolf to know what he think of the uniques, how they should work and what he plans to make it happens (also server wide spells - if we are in that line of "griefing").

But to be more on topic, and seeing what happened and a similar situation we had on deliverance where we worked with WKM. Get everyone who was involved in the search party on the kill, be them outsiders or locals. Removing someone who spent time looking for something because you don't like them... or you want more loot for yourself is just bad.

• Like 3

For what it's worth though, you got bamboozled by the Professor Emeritus of back door scams of Wild.

So you aren't the first, nor will you be the last person to have the con run on you by Xallo.

I'm being sincere. I don't know both sides of the story here, but I honestly don't need their side. This ###### ain't something new. I'm not saying what they did was bad either. It is what it is. People on the Freedom servers just simply don't have that dog eat dog mentality when it comes to gaining an advantage on others. It's just not a needed skill set on those servers. So it's fairly easy to rustle jimmies and fool people who are otherwise very trusting that their neighbors will do right by them.

Eventually this type of crap will happen and people will get wise. However, by then the advantages have been stacked up in one corner and it will be too late to do anything about it.

1 minute ago, Pinchaloaf said:

I'm being sincere. I don't know both sides of the story here, but I honestly don't need their side. This ###### ain't something new. I'm not saying what they did was bad either. It is what it is. People on the Freedom servers just simply don't have that dog eat dog mentality when it comes to gaining an advantage on others. It's just not a needed skill set on those servers. So it's fairly easy to rustle jimmies and fool people who are otherwise very trusting that their neighbors will do right by them.

Eventually this type of crap will happen and people will get wise. However, by then the advantages have been stacked up in one corner and it will be too late to do anything about it.

I think the point is that it shouldn't be a case of cut throat 'pseudo pvp' in order to get a chance to upgrade your own armor and collect valrei charges.

The charges and scale/drake should be able to be collected by anyone given a long enough play time period, without being forced to pay huge sums of money to the few who have the time/resources to go around 'stealing' dragon kills along with the loot. (Sure, they 'kindly' offer share the blood/scale/drake at times, but people would like a chance to earn their charges too)

We need some sort of system whereby within a reasonable (few months for drake, couple years for scale for example) time frame, people can earn and collect items on their own, through participation in kills and possible other methods.

But hey, at least the dragons respawn now and aren't just locked away forever.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pinchaloaf said:

The thing is it doesn't make you friends here and it wont make you friends on chaos/epic, it make the Wurm community look like trash also! But keep doing what you like I guess, that attitude is the worst type of toxic there is, karma catches up to people like that eventually.

All I feel about this is people who find the dragon should get a guaranteed reward for it.
These people go with the usual hunters that are famous all around. Then obviously they allow them to handle everything and in the end they don't get much and have to rely on random rolls with tens of people.
There are better options out there, but its upto people and who they wanna trust. I think that's all my input on this.

And yes mypoppy it was fair for you to expect that you would at least get invited in the hunt. 

• Like 1

Sucks, yeah, your effort and time all went down the drain.

A simple solution to uniques would completly remove the current drama going around uniques: Remove twitter alerts for uniques. - Unique rumors are exactly same thing as Information Minister in PVP servers which is about to get removed. Basically all kind of alerts in game like this are completly ruining it, while everything is so slow and grindy at once you find out there is dragon spawned while your sitting in your cottage in middle of nowhere. So simple change to game that would make Wurm much better and would reward the actual hunters and explorers not just people that go out of their deed once a month when they see that rumor in event

• Like 7

eh , you helped Alyeska , but she dont want let you to slay it , so not fair :/