Sign in to follow this  
Jaz

Blue dragon hunt on Sunday - you are welcome to show up for blood and scale

In 23 hours from the post the blue dragon of Exodus will be slain.

You are invited to bring your and premium characters to local range  to gain blood and scale from the dragon.

The fight is public but the loot will be private.

Location: Exodus U12 on ingame map, park your boats west to Antioch there, the boats will be in local range to the fight.

See you tomorrow!

auction_timer_E1460314860.gif

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 8

ooooh, that's near my old home. Might have to visit:)

Thanks for the heads-up, Jaz. I would like to come, but I will need to borrow a horse...

no horse is needed - the location is very close to the water

• Like 1

Nothing like failing to kill it the first time then going public, or are you really going public with it?

• Like 1

Just now, JakeRivers said:

Nothing like failing to kill it the first time then going public, or are you really going public with it?

Of course we are, these hunts are supposed to be fun. If we cannot have fun as a small group because people try to grief it, we will have fun as a big group!

Bring all your friends!

• Like 1

To many people finding out about your private slaying I see, thanks again for screwing me over Aly <3

• Like 1

How has anyone 'grief'ed' it?

How could you grief something holed up in the ground on a deed?

Edited by JakeRivers

Just now, JakeRivers said:

How has anyone 'grief'ed' it?

I didn't say they did. I said they tried!

Unfortunately I will not be able to get there, however, I would like to thank you for making the event one open for everyone. Good luck everyone.

The only reason its public is because others discovered the location after the failed attempt to slay it, they are not doing this out of the goodness of their hearts. ;)

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

They didn't really failed to kill it, they failed to SECRETLY KILL IT. When they got dragon from a cave and realized that there are FEW Exodus residents in local, they pulled dragon back in cave, not to share even SINGLE PIECE OF SCALE with Exodus residents. They might have killed it, they pulled it back instead. When we were enraged by such behavior (I am Exo citizen as well, not present there at the moment, came few mins later), we refused to exit local and started to make camp there, buildings etc. They called us griefers, because we are building near their deed. Now they are calling public event, interesting development indeed :)

So that is what happened...

• Like 3

That is very sad to hear Joeix, but they are known for doing things like that.

• Like 1

Love to here the story on this one.

Well played, yeah griefing huh, rofl.

Drama Dragons are really a highlight in Wurm. When will the Devs actually make the game fair for people right now its terrible? The same groups kill them every time are very toxic individuals also, (not all of them are but majority I've met are), even if you do manage to find it, they kill it anyways because they have more people and take the loot. Wurm isn't fun, this system is the worst out there, I play a lot of mmo's and I'm a raider in several of them. Anyone that has more than 70 unique kills are the greedy ones here, I think its time to stop the greed personally. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Niki said:

Drama Dragons are really a highlight in Wurm. When will the Devs actually make the game fair for people right now its terrible? The same groups kill them every time are very toxic individuals also, (not all of them are but majority I've met are), even if you do manage to find it, they kill it anyways because they have more people and take the loot. Wurm isn't fun, this system is the worst out there, I play a lot of mmo's and I'm a raider in several of them. Anyone that has more than 70 unique kills are the greedy ones here, I think its time to stop the greed personally. 

In my eyes the dragon system is fine. It's the people that are the problem. (Going by what I've seen, I haven't experienced it firsthand). It's the players that choose to be selfish/elitist/insert word choice here, and not do public hunts etc, and there's not really any way to change people.

Edit: Though I do get that the people that took the time to search for the uniques should get something for their time and effort.

Edited by Firestarter

7 minutes ago, Firestarter said:

In my eyes the dragon system is fine. It's the people that are the problem. (Going by what I've seen, I haven't experienced it firsthand). It's the players that choose to be selfish/elitist/insert word choice here, and not do public hunts etc, and there's not really any way to change people.

Have a world dragon spawn the same simply give it a week before it keels over, everyone can experience it but can only loot it once, because valrei is so rare no changed need happen keep the blood+small drake/scale the same.

Edited by Niki
  • Like 1

It is fair because these groups spend countless hours searching every corner of every island to find these things.  Why should someone that does no work to find, capture, or kill these things gain benefit?  Everyone and every group has equal chance.

Even if uniques become completely unpennable and do not go underground anymore, it will not stop private groups from working hard to find and reap the rewards.

Every single group does private hunts; JK, MR, Alyeska/Xallo, Stanlee's group, Majqo's group.  It is not just one group that is guilty

Edited by Hypamania
Added bottom line

Some groups do not turn things into a 'public' event when things do not work out in there favor to make themselves look like generous folks, this is the crux of the matter. 

What is the term for this? Hypocrite?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Some groups do not turn things into a 'public' event when things do not work out in there favor to make themselves look like generous folks, this is the crux of the matter. 

What is the term for this? Hypocrite?

Sounds about right.

• Like 1

I'll be there not only for the blood and scale but also for the fight skill. I appreciate everything that Xallo and Alyeska have done for the community and organizing these fights. Thank you guys! Not only are you two of the best people that I have had the pleasure to know you are also the funniest. Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

• Like 1

IMO, Dragon fights (along with any other unique)have always been first come, first serve. In the past, were there questions about this when there was only 1 unique type mob per server? Yes. But the truth is, now they spawn more than once now.. Maybe not exactly when you want them to, but they do. Look for the mobs. The reason they are found so quickly is because they are actively searched for. If it is an open raid, GREAT! If not, then it is what it is. There will be other dragons/uniques on other servers and our own. Good luck on the fight and remember the most important thing... HAVE FUN! In the end they are just pixels :)

• Like 4