Sign in to follow this  
Ramaraunt

Small Loan of a Million Dollars

Markus left Wurm development, and now he is a multi-billionaire. A million wouldn't hurt, aye? :D

#MakeWurmGreatAgain

Edited by Ramaraunt
  • Like 1

#MakeWurmGreatAgain        this needs to happen before Wurm kicks the bucket and goes down for good.

• Like 1

I don't understand what your asking, you want to buy code club for 1 million or what?

5 minutes ago, Niki said:

I don't understand what your asking, you want to buy code club for 1 million or what?

he is asking if Markus could come back to Wurm and use some of that dough hes got to help #MakeWurmGreatAgain

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Niki said:

Markus Pearson, AKA Notch, was once one of the main developers of Wurm. He and Rolf got into a fight about the direction the game should go, and Notch ended up leaving. Notch eventually created his own company, and developed a game called Minecraft, which I'm sure you heard of. He recently sold his game to Microsoft for $2 billion, and sense then has not been doing much in the gaming world. I'm asking for Notch to come back, lend Wurm a hand. I know even if he didn't give money and just gave time to help develop the game, wonders would happen. When it comes to game development, Notch is a super-genius.

Edited by Ramaraunt
  • Like 1

Sorry notches success is all based on a guy back engineering his code and giving it to the moding community an the moding community taking it from there. Notch even open admitted he don't like being and feeling responsible or people depending on him. Don't think he would come here feeling so much preasure on his head showing up and what people will say in forums asking from him.

No.
There is no reason at all that Markus should be asked for money.   He went a different way, his way made him money.  It's his money, Rolf should not ask for any of it.
I don't have access to Code Clubs financials but I'd ALMOST be willing to bet they can't afford a $1mil EU loan, even if the loan was made at prime interest.
Notch and Rolf counldn't agree in the earlier stages of Wurm, what makes you think they would agree now if Notch came back?   Why would Notch even bother to come back?  

This thread is just stupid.  

EDIT:  And I just now realize I took the bait and replied to it.

Edited by Greyfox

[22:55:49] Fishing increased by 0.0003 to 83.6776

Snipped straight out of Rama's log files...

It's a joke thread, but still:

An investment of any large sum would completely RUIN wurm...at least for those of us who currently enjoy it.

A large investment would require a complete overhaul of the game and turn it into another MMO that caters to the lowest common denominator in order to earn a quick buck.

And why would someone willingly donate money to a game and developer who likely split on pretty bad terms to help fund a project that you didn't get your way with?

I know I wouldn't :P

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jebrix said:

It's a joke thread, but still:

An investment of any large sum would completely RUIN wurm...at least for those of us who currently enjoy it.

A large investment would require a complete overhaul of the game and turn it into another MMO that caters to the lowest common denominator in order to earn a quick buck.

And why would someone willingly donate money to a game and developer who likely split on pretty bad terms to help fund a project that you didn't get your way with?

I know I wouldn't :P

This is true but the part about catering to the lowest common denominator. It already does like all other mmo's. All game developers make there games to be playable on the oldest pc's rather than using today's tech that exist in the field. Soe started to walk away from it but then sold it to daybreak games and now daybreak is tearing that down and making all games that was being overhauled and newer games in development terminating them. In the end this is what drives down games in this generation and the generation before that. Sorry but I have to disagree with this statement about wurm tailoring to the lowest common denominator when that's why wurm can't get out of it's shell in the first place.

1 minute ago, Arkonick said:

This is true but the part about catering to the lowest common denominator. It already does like all other mmo's. All game developers make there games to be playable on the oldest pc's rather than using today's tech that exist in the field. Soe started to walk away from it but then sold it to daybreak games and now daybreak is tearing that down and making all games that was being overhauled and newer games in development terminating them. In the end this is what drives down games in this generation and the generation before that. Sorry but I have to disagree with this statement about wurm tailoring to the lowest common denominator when that's why wurm can't get out of it's shell in the first place.

I'm not talking about hardware but rather the playstyle and mechanics of the game.

It's still extremely far from casual in any sense.

Think: Daily login bonuses, recruit a friend bonuses, gambling microtransactions, a bunch of 'limited time offers', free 90+ skill when buying 1 year of premium etc.

Can we ay least have notch come here to talk to us that would be great