Sign in to follow this  
MisWigglesworth

How to get the map to show up on server side vs client side

5 minutes ago, bigsteve said:

The client is a bit dumb, it will only display what it is told to display.

haha, for sure ! When I saw this map appear, which was not that of my .jar file, I was afraid that Skynet and terminator had landed (Joke!)

Ok, thank you for your answer, so it could be a conflict between serverpack & servermap in the configuration I made. I will look on this track.

10 minutes ago, bigsteve said:

What i did on the servers i help set up is add the extra blue sea each side to the .png before it was packed in the .jar.

Oh yes, I wanted to do this but the picture still appears in the game at the format "620x620", if I create a map at the format "920x620" with blue backfont on right and left, I see a 620x620 crushed picture with alway black backfont. Do you know why, there is another entry somewhere in the files that manages the bottom or the dimenssion of the image?

serverpacks itself won't conflict with servermap, in fact servermap uses and requires it to actually deliver the map to the clients.

if you want to deliver a custom map with serverpacks you shouldn't use servermap as it will override it with the auto generated map.

either way you need serverpacks and custommap mod on the client side.

Ok, thank you very much for the clarification.

Now everything works ?, several errors:
- I disabled servermap, because I want only serverpacks and not a auto generated map.
- I wrote serverpacks= instead of serverPacks= in the file serverpacks.properties

Ouf !

I got servermap working with a prerendered map but I can’t figure out how to get It to autogenerate a map. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

S

Let me rephrase the question...

What changes do I have to make to my setup to get the map created by the servermap mod to display in my client? I’ve tried removing the jar file (containing the filemapping and png file) from the serverpacks folder in the mods folder, but that just results in a ‘Missing Image’ picture being displayed instead of the expected map.

Alright! So I figured out the issue. The servermap.config file needed to have it’s depend.ondemand option set to false. That’s it. I am now happily wallowing in auto-generated maps😁.

S

Edited by Singultus