Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Weekly News #14 Departures and Arrivals

19 hours ago, Egard said:

One Dev that is focused on these mechanics and this part of the community will go a long way . 

I vote keenan. That is all. (One of the only dev that I know of who actually is active in pvp)

20 hours ago, Retrograde said:

We are in the process of contracting several existing developers to take over vital parts of the production and development of Wurmas well as other non developer positions for other important tasks in keeping Wurm running.

Find the typo: regarding spot the typo tag. ... Wurm, as well as, ... :P 

Edited by polarbear

2 hours ago, Nocturnes said:

Nice to see you here again, Will you be coming back if you like the changes that is made to pvp?

If they make BL/libila normal again i will be back, these player gods ###### it all up and there is no reason to be BL anymore besides mycelium

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Contracting Crew

We are in the process of contracting several existing developers to take over vital parts of the production and development of Wurmas well as other non developer positions for other important tasks in keeping Wurm running. This means that the workload will continue to be shared with our awesome dev team getting some recognition for the tireless work they do. There's been some big changes suggested with taking over these roles, and I can't wait to see what comes of them. Once the positions are finalised we will let you all know!

Contracting out development work for Wurm Online seems a good idea to me since this way the paid staff can be reduced and specific development areas can be targeted when necessary to whatever extent. Overhead for game expenses is then reduced and former development volunteers can then be paid on this basis, which will incentivize their participation as well as providing them with some well deserved monetary compensation for doing so.

=Ayes= 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LorenaMontana said:

If they make BL/libila normal again i will be back, these player gods ###### it all up and there is no reason to be BL anymore besides mycelium

Player deities should burn.  Forever.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Odynn said:

And you only see a part of it. The Hellheim complex and underground layer is where i'm planning to have fun with the underground dwelling... that is if we can build next to cave walls. Else i will have to think of something else :D

Also from the screenshot... need moar stone slabs.

Amazing deed, even if we can only see part of it here :D

20 hours ago, Keenan said:

Right now the main focus is finishing up a major feature that has been hinted to for a few weeks and settling things down with these staffing changes. The staff changes were not known prior to the PvP changes suggestion, or that entire thing might have been delayed as to not break up the smaller fixes with the larger ones so much. Alas, this is how things worked out.

I really don't make habit of airing my disagreement with devs, I appreciate it cannot be all that easy with a small tight knit group. But this is exactly why what you posted is infuriating.

The main focus is releasing a new update that will have little to no effect retaining the player base, do you grasp the fact Wurm Online has lost a noticeable amount of players and more are getting to the point they are wanting to stop playing because of the lack of urgency there clearly is right now.

Are you serious right now? New updates, features and all are great, they are. But look at what is killing the population right now.

• Like 1