Sign in to follow this  
Griffith

tutorial and misc mods request

Spoiler

This one is not a mod request but rather a modding tutorial request. Either in text or video showing first what programs you use to mod.

then how use them and on what files to use them. And finish it with making a mod. Either one of the ones I request below or one you

have in mind, or even one of the mods that have already been made. Well one for server and one for client and what the difference would be

for modding purposes.

Although my plate is full right now and modding wu is very low on my list of priorities, not for lack of want but for lack of time.

Nevertheless i would study that tutorial with gusto.

i think it would boost modding in the community if someone made a modding for noobies tutorial with all the steps.

- they have mentioned some programs you can use for modding here and there, and how to use them here and there. but i mean

a very comprehensive tutorial worthy of being stickied.-

maybe one or more of these mods have already been made, but i havent seen them.

1. Bartender. permanent perk in starter town/s not just 24 hours. and gives 99 nutrition

2. Lumps like leather. lump quality does not cap improve ql, same as leather. For all metals.

3.  Cold lumps. and cold items for improving. no need to heat to improve metal items. Already smelted the ore.

4. Trader prices. editable trader prices on trader specific items like sleep powder, transmutation rod, shaker orb, magical chests, etc.

5. Starting Gear. editable gear i want to spawn with or not. including quality if possible. And not newbified, that is they are droppable and impable, if possible.

6. Pegs as nails. pegs to act as large and small nails

7. Bank storage. increased bank storage to 100. or optional editable to any amount server owner wants. 20, 50 100, etc

8. Deed placing agro creature check disabled. Able to plant deed with agro creatures in area.

i had more but the forum ate them and cant remember them right now, i think they did a forum update or something to change

the title fonts. so ill add more if i remember them.

Thank you to all the modders that have made some awesome mods. and to Ago for the awesome modloaders.

im having a blast in my easy mode wurm. im a heretic i know, dont linch me now :P

Edited by Griffith

If quality of the lumps didn't matter there wouldn't be much point in mining better quality ore. It has a negligible effect on the quality of items when crafting, and quality really only becomes a factor for most things when improving.

It might make some sense to do some improving on cold metal items, for example filing, but how do you temper (quench) an item that is cold - it wouldn't really make sense. And FYI in case you (or others) don't know you can leave the tools in forge to stay hot and still improve them while they are in there. Just the lump would have to be in your inventory to use it.

Mods are a server flavour thing.  If it doesn't make sense to you, you don't use them on your server.  I know the requests seem a bit like "dumbing it down", but irs really only a minor abstraction to crafting.

• Like 2

mod requests

7. Bank storage. increased bank storage to 100. or optional editable to any amount server owner wants. 20, 50 100, etc

8. Deed placing aggro creature check disabled. Able to plant deed with aggro creatures in area.

I actually started to try and write a mod to increase bank size. The size is hard coded in only one call in the source where it creates a bank for a player, and that value is saved in the database on a per-bank basis. I stopped working on the mod when I realized I could just edit the database for my private server and change the size there and everything works just fine. I got one of my servers running with a 100-slot bank and it works! :)