Sign in to follow this  
SuperFly

Citadel Servers

Were you given a discount with their service to post this?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chakron said:

Were you given a discount with their service to post this?

Since the link ends with "aff.php?aff=64" I would go ahead and say that they will get a discount ( or refund ) based on the number of referrals. I don't know if that would have an effect on their positive review... although the review itself sounds like a canned positive review and not an honest review.

It may be an honest review, but back to your initial question: They are getting paid for every person that signs up using the link they posted.

Edited by zethreal
removed link.

Well actually they have a referral program, which the lilnk above points to, I guess that was a short post, I was just in a hurry to get back to my Wurm game :) So far we have been satisfied with the servers, there have been minor issues, but their tech support answers emails promptly, and professionally,

We are planning a second server for an additional map and they offered us a 10% discount on the additional server, we also rent our TeamSpeak server from them as well.

If I can save a few bucks since all the expense of my server is out of pocket and not for profit or any money then heck why not.  

Not trying to make any money from anyone just save a few bucks if I can, I wouldn't have posted this if we had any reason to be Dissatisfied with Citadel Servers.  We paid for a full year of Wurm Hosting, and TeamSpeak Hosting after consulting a few of my friends who host with them, and we feel confident that we will have a pleasant relationship with them.  Free to swing by and say Hi.

SuperFly (Rich)

Lands Of Norhaven Wurm Unlimited Server

Edited by SuperFly

As far as I can see on their website they are still totally anonymous. No names, no postal address. Who is legally responsible? I am amazed...

(Or am I missing something?)

Edited by Yaga

We moved Ages of Urath to Citadel servers about two months ago.    I did this not only to save on the electric bill but allow my other GM's a more user friendly UI to interface with all the scripts and clusters we're running..   I have been very happy the the support we have received and would recommend them to any size server.   

just joined their server today, play for couple hours, and suspended because 'payment overdue'. lol

opening ticket and no response. 

• Like 1

Error 524 Ray ID: 2bffe2e8247e092c • 2016-07-10 00:28:36 UTC

A timeout occurred

Happening way to often guys!!!   WTF!

It would appear upstream ISP issues.. Just got a response. 

Service pppfffftt, good at taking money though, fast and speedy at that. Nothing but slooooooooooooooooow service with nothing but problems. We finally dropped them as it took over 12 hrs to answer a ticket then nearly 5 hrs to fix the problem. 

Lesson learned.

• Like 1

Here is what I got from these thieves when I asked for a refund of the balance.

Citadel Servers

Hi Laurie,

We only do account credits, credits can then be used to purchase services or pay for other services with us.

https://www.citadelservers.com/en-gb/terms-of-service
15.6 When cancelling a service with us, if you have used paypal as the method of payment you must cancel the subscription in your paypal account, Citadel Servers cannot do this for you. Failure to do so will result in the subscription continuing and all overpayments will be assigned as credit to your account. Overpayments are not refundable via merchant gateways and can be used to purchase services with us.

Best Regards,

-Eric H
-Technical Support Operative
www.CitadelServers.com

----------------------------------------------
Ticket ID: #117122
Subject: closing of account [MERGED]
Ticket URL: https://www.citadelservers.com/client/viewticket.php?tid=117122&c=wgTGVBYq
----------------------------------------------

visit our website | log in to your account | get support 
Copyright © Citadel Servers, All rights reserved.

How the hell am I going to be able to use these co called credits....when they dont have anything I want.

to start with to much trouble and to many hassles.

apart from that I cannot trust them.... 

As far as I am concerned they have designed it like that just so the unhappy/dissatisfied clients LOOSE OUT when they cancel their accounts.

• Like 1

Wow where to start as they are so awful in all aspects Tech Support and Billing.
As for tech support it takes 24 hrs to respond, This is acceptable but they will respond usually with some dumb response that doesn't resolve the issue and then when you reply back that the issue is still not resolved they ignore you and close the case after 3 days for no response. They where the person who didn't respond. I had to re-open a ticket twice because they did not respond except for the very first BS reply. I finally got help after opening multiple tickets complaining about the horrible support. In Billing, Sales and Abuse before they resolved the issue. 

Now for there billing tactics, When I signed up their system insisted I pay in British pounds. And I accepted. Well after the vote on Britain leaving the EU the pound dropped. So they figured the best way to handle a drop in revenue was to wait until my pre-approved payment went through and then immediately suspend my account saying I owed them money. I checked my paypal and I had payed them on time and the exact amount we had agreed on.
Well when I inquired what was going on they stated because of the drop in the pound they needed me to pay in US dollars sure it would still work out around the same in Canadian. The issue was I got no notice and was blind sided with this then my server was held in ransom until I payed them more, after I had already payed them in the currency the originally asked for. it took me three weeks to get this resolved. they finally dropped the extra charges for the month as long as I change my billing over to US which I agreed to, but I had payed for a full month and only got less than a week out of it, They refuse to compensate as there attitude was it wasn't there fault the Pound dropped. Well it wasn't my fault either. That is what happens when you pay in international Currency and it was their decision for me to pay in Pounds so as far as I was concern that was their risk to take as I am sure if the Pound had gone up they would not of refunded me the difference.

So stay away from them.