Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 07/APR/16

• Made chance on getting rock when foraging depend on inverse skill. e.g. more likely to get it on low skill.
  • Added flatten and level actions to ceilings.
  • Removed the one-per-tile limitation on FSBs and BSBs.
  • Added strength requirement of 23 in order to cast Break Altar on the White light and Black light huge altars.
  • Change for harvest times so more likely to be in default week.
  • Status Effect icon for Resurrection Stone added.
  • Bugfix – Items dropped when on a bridge should no longer exceed the 100 limit.
  • Bugfix – Kingdom offices can now be set when the current holder is offline.
  • Bugfix – Non-citizens or allies with appropriate permissions now get the faster timers when moving and loading items on a deed on Freedom.
  • Bugfix – Fire vulnerability power now correctly displayed in spell status window.
  • Bugfix – Damage imbues will now dispel properly.
  • Bugfix – Hedges will now show dye values.
  • Bugfix - Multi part items now have a correct chance of rarity when starting with rare components.
  • Like 12

13 minutes ago, DevBlog said:
  •  
  •  

Great change!

• Like 7

"-  Made chance on getting rock when foraging depend on inverse skill. e.g. more likely to get it on low skill."

Good ! and thank you for that...

However, could the option "discard" be added to foraged rocks - and.... Please do the same for branches.

• Like 1

another update and no pvp changes yet. 

always good to see more updates, we always hope for pvp changes but then we dread whats to come lol.

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:
  • Change for harvest times so more likely to be in default week.

I asked for clarification for this, it's about fruit trees and the calendar.

2 hours ago, DevBlog said:
  • Bugfix – Frost, fire, and acid imbues will now dispel properly.

So do these imbues actually work yet or is this just a case of "lol you ruined your weapon with this buggy feature, I guess we'll let you dispel it now"?

I actually asked the same thing, they now can be dispelled, can they now work? Haha,

Turns out theyre related to vulnerabilities. They dont deal wounds like frostbrand or flaming aura, but the weakness to x or resistance to x from sorcery tomes is affected by those imbues

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DevBlog said:
  • Bugfix – Items dropped when on a bridge should no longer exceed the 100 limit.

I'm going to miss my on bridge fishing :P

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DevBlog said:
  • Added strength requirement of 23 in order to cast Break Altar on the White light and Black light huge altars.
  • Status Effect icon for Resurrection Stone added.

I find it amusing there was enough time allocated to these changes but yet none for a  simple change like removing the information minister current mechanic that's widely supported by every pvp kingdom. The longer the pvp changes are delayed the less of an impact it will have. It's not hard to see that there currently is a steady decline of players on a daily basis from pvp servers. Retrograde mentioned he wanted all the changes to come as a "pack" so it had some advertising and marketing value so to say but it will have less and less each day / week that goes by. You won't be attracting new players with these changes to be honest you will be attracting old players that quit the game because of the current state, but by the time you do release these they will have long moved on. There are many changes that have been discussed all of which impact pvp mechanics a decent amount, some are simple others are complex. In my opinion the best thing that can be done is to release bits and pieces get the simple changes out of the way, make the big ones like meditation changes the ones you target for advertising to try to entice new players and old ones alike to play on the pvp servers. With the recent lost of two devs, wurm is left with two employed client developers only one of them being art. (Source : http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Developers ) So it's only natural to expect things to slow down a  bit and what I suggested above will keep the pvp community a bit more satisfied then what we got now and probably will stop the daily lost players potential even start gaining, while the devs work on the big changes. 

Disclaimer - not bashing devs or anything like that before some forum mod power trips and bans for talking about the Dev team. just want want the game to get better not to keep on a decline (pvp community )

• Like 6

I find it funny they change things last min but changes they have planned for weeks do't get done....

Good update, thank you!  I have a JCVD lump on my forehead from dropping BSBs into the wall that can finally start healing.

Guess JK didn't enjoy us bashing the light.

So. About 'em pvp changes... Where are they?

I mean... the "I told you so" was a thing i pulled on my fellow kingdom members when the basic stuff like information minister wasnt there for the first week or two. (considering its a 5-10 min change... its litterary the deletion of code...)

But its been over a month now... dafuq is going on?

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, DevBlog said:
  • Bugfix – Damage imbues will now dispel properly.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Awesome!

I don't know why I log into these forums anymore.

7 hours ago, Egard said:

Bugfix - Multi part items now have a correct chance of rarity when starting with rare components.

Works, tried, confirmed, many thanks!

8 hours ago, Egard said:

.... 453 PVE players on at this moment and 99 pvp.... ...understandable that they add mostly pve things ingame but hope you pvp crowd get some love once in awhile also

10 hours ago, DevBlog said:
  • Added flatten and level actions to ceilings.

Thanks! This change came just in time for my new boat tunnel project! \o/

10 hours ago, DevBlog said:

At last! :)

• Like 1

Yeah to removal of  one-tile  limitation for BSBs  eta 

When does this update come for us unlimited fans on steam?

Sign in to follow this