Sign in to follow this  
Slickshot

Independence Market Map

I've been thinking lately about putting a little time into making an Independence market map.  I would obviously need the help of others who have markets with merchant in them.  I feel that this could possibly help new players find nearby merchants much easier, but no guarantees. lol  If you have a market you'd like to be on the map please let me know either here or by pm where it is located, and the name of the deed if it is on one.  I think clarifying market places that belong to others would be acceptable as well, as they are obviously open markets meant for traffic.  However, if you have individual merchants out in the wild you'd like people to know about I can add those as well, just make sure they are your own and do not belong to someone else, as that would be unfair to them if  they'd like to remain mostly hidden.  This map would ideally have a legend with labels to signify what merchants have what types of items or gear.

If this doesn't prove to be worthwhile, then oh well I guess. lol  Let me know what ya think!

Edit:  Let me clarify that I do know the community map has merchants and traders marked, but the map is also cluttered with a lot of other info as well, and perhaps a map marked only with merchants and traders could be helpful to newcomers.  Perhaps...

Edited by Slickshot
  • Like 1

I do not envy you the work but I think you have a good idea there. I especially like the idea of indicating the type of goods for sale. I know that you can buy goods in the market section of the forums but I think you may get a steady stream of locals supporting merchants or traders within their own area.

I do not often buy through the medium of the forums but may be enticed to visit my local shops- especially if I knew where exactly they were and what sort of shop they were. Support your local tradesmen :)

15 minutes ago, Spolmit said:

I do not envy you the work but I think you have a good idea there. I especially like the idea of indicating the type of goods for sale. I know that you can buy goods in the market section of the forums but I think you may get a steady stream of locals supporting merchants or traders within their own area.

I do not often buy through the medium of the forums but may be enticed to visit my local shops- especially if I knew where exactly they were and what sort of shop they were. Support your local tradesmen :)

Well hopefully more people will be inclined to share this information so I can make such a map.  I love Independence as a server, and anything I can do to help further its community and commerce is worth while if possible.  Here's hoping!

The link to the pdf is dead , but the info was long out of date anyway.

Maybe you can get Mamadarkness  to give you the original to edit.

There are not many merchants left at Freedom Market.

Good luck.