Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Thanking Alex and Erik

After several years of dedicated Wurm duty here in Motala, Alex and Erik have decided it's time to move on and leave for new jobs in their respective home cities. I've received final notice which means they'll leave the team and Code Club towards the end of April.

Alex was the first employee at Code Club in 2010, starting his time implementing the Collada model loading and animation system and has been mainly improving the client since. Erik joined in the 2013 on the server side and has lately been busy with the Steam implementation and is currently finishing off the Mod Interface. Their additions to the game have been nothing less than fantastic and it's been a pleasure to work with them all along.

Working in the same office this change comes as no surprise, but nothing is final until papers are signed. I've taken some initial measures to ensure continued support and we'll be contracting Tamlin to take over responsibility for the Steam client builds. Alex and Erik will be finishing up their current projects so there won't be any loose ends.

At this time I have no immediate plans to replace Alex and Erik as this is a great opportunity to assess the needs of the game as a whole. This does not mean a slowdown in development or less updates and we continue to work on projects such as the rift system, upcoming PvP changes, cave dwellings and an improved food/cooking system as well as the long awaited new client renderer. I will continue to work with and support our volunteer developer team closely and in the future we'll be looking into the introduction of a 3D cave system as well as flowing water.  As always, improvements in various other areas happens on a weekly basis as well thanks to our fantastic team of volunteers.

I’d also like to thank our dedicated Steam users who are very apt at locating lingering bugs in the code which is a great benefit to development.

Again - Erik and Alex: Thanks loads for all you've done for Wurm! We wish you all the best in your future endeavours!

• Like 41

As someone fairly new to the core of working with the development team I cannot stress enough how friendly and helpful both Alex and Erik have been, from taking the time to explain mechanics and parts of the code to someone who doesn't code himself, to listening to the countless piles of feedback I dump on their respective desks.

It's been a pleasure working with you both, and I wish you both the best in your future work!

• Like 2

Thanks for all the hard work you guys have put into the game and good luck with the new jobs

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

I also want to thanks Rolf, the team and all of the players for this time.

It have been really fun and rewarding to work with Wurm :)

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, Kegan said:

Edit: Who is Tamlin is this another company or is that another player here that i do not know?

One of the new volunteer developers.

• Like 2

I would also like to say my thanks to everyone, you have all made working on Wurm a really fun experience.

I will miss the times I have spent on IRC with the team bouncing ideas or plotting evil things (most evil things never made it into production :angry:).

And special thanks to Cerber for all the hours you spent on the test servers with me testing new features before release, I still remember when I somehow hitched you to a wagon.

• Like 20

Thank you for your contributions to a fantastic game and best o' luck with your new ventures.

• Like 2

Thanks for your guys' hard work, you will be missed :)

I assume stomping my feet, flailing my arms and screaming at the top of my voice will not change the situation?

Thank you both for your dedication, hard work and helping hands.  Best of luck to both of you along your new paths.

• Like 1

Thank you for all your contributions, I wish you the best of luck with your future endeavours!

Both of you have contributed so much to Wurm and the community, best of luck in the future! :)

Thx :)

Sad to see you go but 

Good luck whatever path you follow 

sad sad, wurm will never have team again and soon...

You will be greatly missed, both.

Thank you very much for all your contributions to WurmOnline!

Thanks for everything and best of luck in your new positions!

Thanks for all the work you both put into Wurm, good luck and thanks. :)

Thanks to Erik and Alex for all their hard work in helping to make Wurm the game we all love to play today. Good luck wherever the road may lead!

Best of luck to you both!  Don't forget, Rolf does like volunteer developers, so maybe we will still see you hammering out code from time to time?

• Like 1