Sign in to follow this  
Keenan

Walls, Doors, Etc.

So in an attempt to bring some of the information together, I'm hoping to solicit some help of editors.

Edit: Clarification on the purpose of this - Pages like http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Wall often become outdated because they aren't directly linked. If new walls come in and pages created, they should be added to the proper category, so even if the galleries on the categories linked below aren't updated immediately, someone looking for a specific wall will still see the list of pages below the gallery. On the current Wall page, that is not the case. My goal is to replace these disambiguation pages with redirects to the categories, so all the information is in one place and can be more easily updated.

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Category:Walls (New style, needs more images added)

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Category:House_doors (New style)

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Category:Mine_doors (Old style, needs updating)

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Category:Fences (Old style, needs updating)

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Category:Gates (New style, needs images and possibly info added)

This is the main goal for now, but I'd like to see something similar done for roofs, floors, staircases, and bridges.

In addition to the notes I mentioned above, existing pages need to have their categories updated accordingly and need to be checked for accuracy.

@sEeDliNgS will be the Wurmpedia Assistant taking point on this if anyone has any questions. If anyone has any suggestions or feedback, please feel free to post it below.

Thank you!

Edited by Keenan
Clarification on the cause for this project!
  • Like 1

I have already started categorizing the walls and adding the [[Category:Walls]] to them. 

• Like 1

Update: I finished the House Doors category adding images and categorizing the pages. (I am just waiting for test to update so I can log on and finish the wooden portcullis page because there isn't one :P)

Update again: I finished the Walls as well. Added all the images as well as the pages having categories on them. If someone wants to go behind me and double check. I think I got all of the walls but if someone wants to make sure. Thanks :)

• Like 1

Looks like you've worked yourself to the <koff> bone, Zach! ;-)  Good job both of you - much appreciated!

:) thanks Magykal still more to do but I am working it to the bone. 

• Like 1

Update again (again): The mine door page is done. I did the new format with the pictures (very typing intensive :P). Someone want to go behind me and double check me and make sure I did it alright. Thanks :) 

Update for the fourth time: Fences page is done with the images (there are some images needing redoing. I have posted about it in the sticky post called "outdated or needed images" at the top of this board). Time for the very last one. Gates! Should be easy since there arn't a lot of them. But again thats what I said when I started the House Walls page :P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zachariah said:

Update for the fourth time: Fences page is done with the images (there are some images needing redoing. I have posted about it in the sticky post called "outdated or needed images" at the top of this board). Time for the very last one. Gates! Should be easy since there arn't a lot of them. But again thats what I said when I started the House Walls page :P

*changing Zach's name to Update*  the odd things we think while sailing under the Haven moon....ansbws

• Like 1

Update for the fifth time :) 

I finished! All the category pages have been finished and cleaned up. Time for the next project \o/

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Zachariah said:

Update for the fifth time :) 

I finished! All the category pages have been finished and cleaned up. Time for the next project \o/

Thank you, I will be reviewing pages shortly to ensure they are up to code and cleaned nicely :) 

Will also post a list of photos that are needed from the community.

Thank you for your help with the project. We appreciate it :) 

• Like 2

Just now, sEeDliNgS said:

Thank you, I will be reviewing pages shortly to ensure they are up to code and cleaned nicely :) 

Will also post a list of photos that are needed from the community.

Thank you for your help with the project. We appreciate it :) 

I did post as I mentioned above a list of images that I found that need updating in the Needed Images thread on this board. Those are just a few that I noticed. 

All the pages look great - added a couple of missing things/fixed some copy paste errors and such to tidy it up, it's looking great :)

I'd love to get some better images on there, here is a list of what I'd like updated (with some nice light and no blue outlines), I will be working on them myself as well but if anyone has some images or can take some, it would be very helpful!

Walls

Plain stone wall

Plain stone arched wall

Plain narrow stone window

Stone window

Fences

Wooden fence

Wooden parapet

Low stone wall

Hedges (including hedges wiki page images)

House Doors

Plain stone double door

Gates

Wooden fence gate

Crude wooden fence gate

Edited by sEeDliNgS

Let me see what I can get together for you. 

After finishing the babel project with Wilca today I have applied the new format to the Roof and Floor Category Pages. I am going to talk with one of the assistants about whether or not there needs to be a staircase category page since it is already listed in floors. Going to hit up the bridge category right now. 

Edit: I just checked out the bridge category and all the bridge pieces have no pictures. I am going to get in touch with the community and see if I can get someone to do a photo shoot for me. I will as well post the needed images in the needed images page

Edited by Zachariah
Update for the bridge category