Sign in to follow this  
Ramaraunt

Remove Player Gods

Remove Player Gods?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Should Player Gods Be Removed?

10 minutes ago, Audrel said:

I guess you missed the point. The point is you have a choice to use or not to use something. But you insist that people who do use them must not because you personally don't like them. I see your posts in other threads. You are on a crusade of personal interest. YOU do not like them so they must go. Someone suggested changes to them and you bombed it down with "Where's the removal of them?"  Let's toss out a cliche that people love to use around here. "This is a sandbox." 

Well, that is until you go back and edit all of them after people respond to them.

So you insulting me over my preference to use Mag over Nahjo is okay and within the rules, but my expression of dislike against the current player deities is sacrilege?  You've followed me to every thread recently and insulted me at every turn.  Someone is on a fruitless crusade alright, and it isn't me.  This is done.

5 minutes ago, Slickshot said:

So you insulting me over my preference to use Mag over Nahjo is okay and within the rules, but my expression of dislike against the current player deities is sacrilege?  You've followed me to every thread recently and insulted me at every turn.  Someone is on a fruitless crusade alright, and it isn't me.  This is done.

No, I said if you want to spend more, do it. It's your dime. Your preference is one thing. Pushing your preference to remove mine is another. It's not my fault you have thin skin and can't interpret metaphor. "Nothing parts faster than a fool and his money." If you wish to spend more for the same thing, that's your preference. I don't. So why do you insist I must? 

LOL Following you. We are on the same forum are we not? I read the same crap you do.

Edited by Audrel

needless argument will make it harder for devs to sift through any actual feedback in this thread

• Like 3

Much like how Zeus and the rest over threw the titans, we now see the new gods over powering the originals.   Their time has come and it's time for fresh blood ... and prayers.

( p.s. didn't vote, no I don't play on epic )

On 04/13/2016 at 0:37 PM, Etherdrifter said:

This seems to be going around in a circle.  Could anyone offer why they are imbalanced as to PvP (a clear reason a PvEer could understand)?

On the kingdom-vs-kingdom side of things, once we establish the "one priest to rule them all" and every kingdom has access to every useful spell and ability while fielding only 1-2 priest types max, it'll reduce the need to play to your own strengths and your enemy's weaknesses. So that's not imbalanced, per se, but it will certainly make PvP more one-dimensional, and that's the last thing we need right now.

But when you zoom in on a 1-vs-1 scale, the problem on PvP is analogous to the problem on PvE. The devs spent years balancing the priests so that one priest's combination of spells had its niche and didn't completely overshadow the other priests. But now if you choose anything but Nathan or Fo (on PvP) or Vyn/Nahjo (on PvE), you're putting yourself at a disadvantage. It forces people to play a certain way in order to be competitive. And especially in a hyper-competitive atmosphere like Wurm PvP, using one of the less popular priests is pretty costly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fawkes said:

On the kingdom-vs-kingdom side of things, once we establish the "one priest to rule them all" and every kingdom has access to every useful spell and ability while fielding only 1-2 priest types max, it'll reduce the need to play to your own strengths and your enemy's weaknesses. So that's not imbalanced, per se, but it will certainly make PvP more one-dimensional, and that's the last thing we need right now.

But when you zoom in on a 1-vs-1 scale, the problem on PvP is analogous to the problem on PvE. The devs spent years balancing the priests so that one priest's combination of spells had its niche and didn't completely overshadow the other priests. But now if you choose anything but Nathan or Fo (on PvP) or Vyn/Nahjo (on PvE), you're putting yourself at a disadvantage. It forces people to play a certain way in order to be competitive. And especially in a hyper-competitive atmosphere like Wurm PvP, using one of the less popular priests is pretty costly.

Maybe I'm spoiled, but I've grown used to playing games that have balance among different roles.  For example:  One role might have good magic, but low defenses, where it's counter part has very high defenses, but slow moving without range.  Wurm priests appeared balanced to me until they added player deities.  On Freedom, for example, you had players not quite evenly split between the 3 white lights, but all were used frequently.  Now it seems that 90% of all priests are either vynora or Nahjo.  It really killed the need to play other roles. :(

Edited by Slickshot