Sign in to follow this  
Ramaraunt

Remove Player Gods

Remove Player Gods?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Should Player Gods Be Removed?

While personally I think player gods and the whole ascension can be pretty awesome I do agree that it risks balance and offers further issues.

I'll be including it in approaching any PvP changes and combat balancing, priests and meditation as a whole need to be included

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

While personally I think player gods and the whole ascension can be pretty awesome I do agree that it risks balance and offers further issues.

I'll be including it in approaching any PvP changes and combat balancing, priests and meditation as a whole need to be included

Rejoice!

9 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Just please include a chance to change without penalty like you did staffs and spears. Many of us gave up Mags for Nahjos because they went so long not fixed and Nahjo is Super Mag. It has been long known they are imbalanced. This is not the first thread about it.

2 minutes ago, Audrel said:

Just please include a chance to change without penalty like you did staffs and spears. Many of us gave up Mags for Nahjos because they went so long not fixed and Nahjo is Super Mag. It has been long known they are imbalanced. This is not the first thread about it.

Of course, changes to things such as this will always include a free swap, which does mean we have to spend a lot of time working on it, can't hand those out daily!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Welp, I guess that's gonna stop lots of subscriptions when they announce the nerf of Nahjo. So long and thanks for all the fish.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, lolmaster said:

Welp, I guess that's gonna stop lots of subscriptions when they announce the nerf of Nahjo. So long and thanks for all the fish.

Oh well?  For years I've seen complaints about how dumb the staff is for not balancing things properly, and all of a sudden when the time comes to actually balance something that is over-powered we get players coming out of the wood work to complain about it, and threaten the loss of subscriptions. lol 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Slickshot said:

Oh well?  For years I've seen complaints about how dumb the staff is for not balancing things properly, and all of a sudden when the time comes to actually balance something that is over-powered we get players coming out of the wood work to complain about it, and threaten the loss of subscriptions. lol 

Oh it's not a threat, it's  guarantee from me that I wont renew any of my priests. After almost a year of player gods being introduced the devs have finally noticed that there are problems with them? I'm tired of wasting my time grinding to then have the rug pulled under my feet. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lolmaster said:

Oh it's not a threat, it's  guarantee from me that I wont renew any of my priests. After almost a year of player gods being introduced the devs have finally noticed that there are problems with them? I'm tired of wasting my time grinding to then have the rug pulled under my feet. 

So even with a free-transfer and a much needed balance you'd still refuse to resubscribe?  That's called throwing a tantrum for not getting your way.

22 minutes ago, lolmaster said:

Hey breh 

The hardest grind is channeling and that is also the most important skill for a priest.

Guess what!?

U keep that skill no matter what happens

6 minutes ago, LorenaMontana said:

Hey breh 

The hardest grind is channeling and that is also the most important skill for a priest.

Guess what!?

U keep that skill no matter what happens

For you. My priest are used for other thing then just casing spells. If i go Fo, I wasted time grinding mining and woodcutting on my priests. If i go Mag i wasted time grinding woodcutting. On top of that i will have to grind the skills necessary to make their own favor items. I understand it's easier on epic but on Freedom this takes time and a lot more of the population plays on Freedom.

+1 nuke player gods and don't look back

I love it when people threaten with subscriptions to try and force changes as if theyre the only sub that matters. For every person who unsubscribes because of gods getting balanced, there will be one who stays or resubscribes because the priest system is being fixed.

Edited by Aflacduck
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, lolmaster said:

For you. My priest are used for other thing then just casing spells. If i go Fo, I wasted time grinding mining and woodcutting on my priests. If i go Mag i wasted time grinding woodcutting. On top of that i will have to grind the skills necessary to make their own favor items. I understand it's easier on epic but on Freedom this takes time and a lot more of the population plays on Freedom.

Major flaw in thinking that any of those primary skills are a waste of time.  Grinding those skills was very useful for body stats as well, and can be further used in the future if you choose not to further your priest play-style.  No waste there.

When the game is unbalanced to the point that people are genuinely quitting (as opposed to merely threatening to quit), it might be time to reevaluate whatever it is that's driving them away. I would rather deal with the temporary inconvenience of training an extra resource skill (which really is dead easy, regardless of server) than have a permanently broken priest system that only gets worse as time goes on.

• Like 1

Fawkes, you make a good point, and while I disagree with you about priests being broken, it makes me realize that this ties directly in with the recent SoTG change debate.

One meditation path is far superior for PvP- Path of Insanity.  It's "broken" overpowered, and according to some, MUST be nerfed in line with the others.  Alot of people view Nahjo priests in this same way.

Now regardless how you feel about Nahjo, SoTG or player gods in general... we can agree or disagree that there is a problem.  If you think there is a problem, then there are two solutions.  Nerf one or raise the others.  I think in this case the solution is to raise the others.  Make the three non-player gods more viable again, and don't anger those of us that have poured sub and time into player god priests.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Wargasm said:

Fawkes, you make a good point, and while I disagree with you about priests being broken, it makes me realize that this ties directly in with the recent SoTG change debate.

One meditation path is far superior for PvP- Path of Insanity.  It's "broken" overpowered, and according to some, MUST be nerfed in line with the others.  Alot of people view Nahjo priests in this same way.

Now regardless how you feel about Nahjo, SoTG or player gods in general... we can agree or disagree that there is a problem.  If you think there is a problem, then there are two solutions.  Nerf one or raise the others.  I think in this case the solution is to raise the others.  Make the three non-player gods more viable again, and don't anger those of us that have poured sub and time into player god priests.

Not viable.  Kill player deities, and restructure them.

to all the player god haters...why not doing the other way around and disable all the standart gods like they did with some template kingdoms on chaos? there are now plenty of new player gods, maybe call it evolution and get rid of the old gods :)

1 hour ago, Biervampyr said:

to all the player god haters...why not doing the other way around and disable all the standart gods like they did with some template kingdoms on chaos? there are now plenty of new player gods, maybe call it evolution and get rid of the old gods :)

Nope.  Never.

On 4/3/2016 at 4:36 PM, Josh said:

tbh the only people that vote no are freedomers who the feature wasnt even made for. hop outta here

Freedomer here and I voted for removal, the gods were not perfect but adding more crap to the mix instead of fixing whats broken is a very poor way of doing it.

1 hour ago, Biervampyr said:

Why not get rid of pvp all together? Would solve all the conflicts between Chaos and the Freedom cluster. Yes I know you like pvp and I do not, thats why there are different servers which is fine, but why does the spells and gods always have to revolve around pvp? Why not split the pvp and freedom servers and stop the crossover event spam, spell issues, mine support issues, and all the rest of it instead of adding new gods and making it even more confusing? I say fix the issues with the spells/gods we already had and stop adding new broken things to the game. Tweek them so they work and are balanced. Maybe make it so that when you travel between All pvp servers and freedom servers you have a totally different character/ gear, a portal between servers but totally separate that way they can have 2 different rule sets that will stop causing conflicts.

Im sure there are other possible solutions but adding new player gods was not a good one. Removing them and reverting back to the basic god system would be a good start.

• Like 1

When i joined Wurm online in 2013 they even had it on there website at the first page that you can ascend to a god!

dont remember if they said something about the spells and the passives.

i understand If people who pvp have a problem with new gods in a balancing aspect but i cant understand why pve guys start to cry a river instead switching to the new god.

oh and slicksho(r)t you are bashing lolmaster for something he could tell you too. Why should he have to switch you can do that too! Oh and dont worry If you grindet some Skills you cant do with your new priest:

Grinding those skills was very useful for body stats as well, and can be further used in the future if you choose not to further your priest play-style.  No waste there

Edited by Biervampyr

On 4/3/2016 at 1:27 PM, bangzuvelis said:

TBH I think its a bit too late for this :) 

Pretty much sums it up. Should have said something before people paid for Nahjo, Tosiek, and Nathan priests, or ask for it to be more impossible to get player gods before we got them. Someone made a suggestion of this earlier last few months and it gets the same response every time. no. just no. Too late. so, no. 

no.

• Like 2

Thing is, players demand balance and change, dev's want to make players happy, so look at the easiest things to do, which is simply to nerf a skill. This takes little work in coding and requires no effort to come up with a more complicated solution, it is the easy way out.

I love the work the dev's do, but it pains me when I see something done that is so simple.

Wouldn't it make more sense to split the codes, balance the new gods for PvP with a couple of new spells in the mix designed solely for pvp (as in useless in PvE, spells that relate to beating up on other players)?

PvE could carry on business as usual, PvP would get its rebalancing (and/or removal of player gods) since reading the spell lists, yeah.. that shizz be imba over there lol.

My 2 coppers

back to buisness. @mordraug but unique spells for every deitie seems to be a lot of work. think about how many god could be there in 5 or 6 years...

the other side is if you give a new god just the regular spell list of an old god who ever would use one of the new gods if he can get the same from the old ones...

there seems to be just one possibility and this is what we have now a shuffle from diffrent spells of the old gods

Edited by Pandalet
Moderation edit

3 minutes ago, Mordraug said:

Wouldn't it make more sense to split the codes, balance the new gods for PvP with a couple of new spells in the mix designed solely for pvp (as in useless in PvE, spells that relate to beating up on other players)?

PvE could carry on business as usual, PvP would get its rebalancing (and/or removal of player gods) since reading the spell lists, yeah.. that shizz be imba over there lol.

My 2 coppers

I feel like they need all new spells.  Nahjo is the perfect example of a cluster of random.  I see no reason one deity should have such a strong mix of spells from other deities and go unbalanced, whether that be PvE or PvP.  Better yet would be to keep such deities confined to PvP servers.