Sign in to follow this  
Ramaraunt

Remove Player Gods

Remove Player Gods?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Should Player Gods Be Removed?

Give each God a domain mastery, the original were leaning that way but once the player gods and their rng spell list rather than actually designing spells for them became a thing it skewed everything. Before player deities the original Gods need to be reworked.

Why have a mag on pve? Stonewall?

Why have a Fo on pve? Genesis? 

Yes there are other spells, but those two are the primary reason anyone mentioned them prior to player deities priests took over those 2 spells.

So redo all the priests, spells, mastery and balance them out so that each has a niche that does not make it better than any other priest. Create new idols for the new gods and unique spells for each deity including the original.

• Like 2

It appears the majority of the playerbase is upset. I feel strange with people supporting my suggestions, because in the past I have had a history of putting forth ideas like this, and being spammed -1.

What happened that changed people so they are willing to listen to me? Is it because I changed my name? Perhaps I'll never know.

Edited by Ramaraunt

40 minutes ago, Ramaraunt said:

It appears the majority of the playerbase is upset. I feel strange with people supporting my suggestions, because in the past I have had a history of putting forth ideas like this, and being spammed -1.

What happened that changed people so they are willing to listen to me? Is it because I changed my name? Perhaps I'll never know.

Don't make this about you.  This is about the topic.  The moment you make it about you people will start flaming you because you aren't the reason for why they voted.

• Like 1

Why have a Fo on pve? Genesis? 

People like this are the reason that polls like this one are irrelevant.  If you think Genesis is the only reason to have a Fo priest, you're sadly mistaken.

Edited by Wargasm

2 hours ago, Ramaraunt said:

It's not about you.
And as I reply to this the majority are not "upset" about player gods.  As I post this it's 26 to 19.   13 in favour of keeping them as they are, 13 in favour of giving them their own spells.  Only 19 want them removed.
So almost 58% of people who have voted support player gods.  Half of those who support them think they need their own spells.
Your proclamation that the "majority is upset" is false, by the results of your own poll.

They should be considered lesser gods  , have spell like summon basket of fruit or vegies , random type.

Mind wipe , lets you have anty agro buff for awhile.

Blink , lets you tele short random distance , you get my point , nothing major or game braking .

+1 to new unique spells

-1 to the classic "Strip the game of things I want exclusivity on to feel special" from Epic's snowflakes.  Y'all want new stuff coded, that makes perfect sense, but the staff isn't THAT big so some features get recycled to enrich Freedom without having to throw in a whole new code project.  Player gods on PvE don't affect your experience on Epic so what's all the hubbub, bubs?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Greyfox said:

It's not about you.
And as I reply to this the majority are not "upset" about player gods.  As I post this it's 26 to 19.   13 in favour of keeping them as they are, 13 in favour of giving them their own spells.  Only 19 want them removed.
So almost 58% of people who have voted support player gods.  Half of those who support them think they need their own spells.
Your proclamation that the "majority is upset" is false, by the results of your own poll.

Actually you're doing the math split wrong.  Those in favor of giving them unique spells, in essence, want the player deities removed as is and worked on, so they count as being against current player deities.  That puts the count at 33 for change, and 13 against, or 72% for change.

34 minutes ago, Slickshot said:

Actually you're doing the math split wrong.  Those in favor of giving them unique spells, in essence, want the player deities removed as is and worked on, so they count as being against current player deities.  That puts the count at 33 for change, and 13 against, or 72% for change.

So long as I don't lose more crap on their long overdue changes to things that should never have existed in the first place, fine with me.

i was happy to be a demigod 3 random buffs and 3 de-buffs. doesnt matter to much that i didnt get to be a player god i still have the  ascended title for now .and yes they need to be balanced or removed you know when some thing is op everyone will flock to that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wasntme said:

i was happy to be a demigod 3 random buffs and 3 de-buffs. doesnt matter to much that i didnt get to be a player god i still have the  ascended title for now .and yes they need to be balanced or removed you know when some thing is op everyone will flock to that. 

LOL For me it was I got to be a Mag that sacced corn. Plain and simple, strongwalling is a lot easier with corn than locks.

19 hours ago, Wargasm said:

People like this are the reason that polls like this one are irrelevant.  If you think Genesis is the only reason to have a Fo priest, you're sadly mistaken.

Oh no, I mention the reason they are mentioned the most or requested the most from an interactive perspective with other players.

I have a Fo priest, I also have a Nahjo priest + batteries. Along with Vyn etc.

My Fo is an awesome healer and I love a lot of her spells, and personally I would play her over my Nahjo if she had a bit more utility but the 2 spells most requested that I could use her on are Genesis and Courier (and the odd heal). But since my nahjo can do both those spells plus only need veggies to crank favor for courier spamming. Who do you think I am using the most? 

EDIT: I also apologize if my previous post seemed to say that Fo / Mag have no other utility then the 2 spells mentioned. That was not my intention.

Edited by Saicotic

Allow everyone to ascend even on freedom, it's a good idea trust me!

Edited by Niki

21 hours ago, Greyfox said:

Only 25% of the people said that they like the gods the way they are. 75% want change. In my opinion, that's a vast majority.

Change is different than complete removal, you know that.

• Like 1

I was just typing that. 44% want them removed. That's not a vast majority, it's not even a majority. The rest don't want them removed. Between those who don't want them removed, most want them to get unique spells. 

"Give them unique spells instead" assumes no removal.

Edited by Audrel
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Audrel said:

I was just typing that. 44% want them removed. That's not a vast majority, it's not even a majority. The rest don't want them removed. Between those who don't want them removed, most want them to get unique spells. 

"Give them unique spells instead" assumes no removal.

You're still doing the split wrong.  Two of the options ask for change, one asks for no change.  75% do want change.  This doesn't mean 75% want total removal, but it does mean that 75% wants something different than what we currently have.  That is a fact.

AND, if you want to get really technical with this, 44.44% do want removal, 25.93% want no change, and 29.63% want different spells.  This means that the desire for removal is still the solid majority of all three options.  Another fact.

Edited by Slickshot

2 minutes ago, Slickshot said:

You're still doing the split wrong.  Two of the options ask for change, one asks for no change.  75% do want change.  This doesn't mean 75% want total removal, but it does mean that 75% wants something different than what we currently have.  That is a fact.

Actually one option is asking for removal.   One option is asking for change.   One option is asking to keep them as they are.   Removal and change are not the same thing.  You can't change player gods if you remove them, you simply removed them.  You can only change them if you keep them.
Voting "No" to remove player gods and voting to "Give them unique spells"   are both votes to keep player gods.  One just wants to see them changed.  And for the record, unique spells is where my vote went.
No matter how you try to split it, right now the majority is in favour of player gods.  The split is in how they want those player gods. 

56 minutes ago, Greyfox said:

Actually one option is asking for removal.   One option is asking for change.   One option is asking to keep them as they are.   Removal and change are not the same thing.  You can't change player gods if you remove them, you simply removed them.  You can only change them if you keep them.
Voting "No" to remove player gods and voting to "Give them unique spells"   are both votes to keep player gods.  One just wants to see them changed.  And for the record, unique spells is where my vote went.
No matter how you try to split it, right now the majority is in favour of player gods.  The split is in how they want those player gods. 

1 hour ago, Slickshot said:

AND, if you want to get really technical with this, 44.44% do want removal, 25.93% want no change, and 29.63% want different spells.  This means that the desire for removal is still the solid majority of all three options.  Another fact.

Greyfox gets it.

Slick, the poll has two options. Remove player gods and keep player gods. It even says in the poll title. Nowhere in the title does it call for changing them. Not removing them does not imply changing them, correct, but changing them requires keeping them. So the poll is Remove Them or Keep Them. The 3rd option is a subset of Keep Them.

It should be worded, "If you want to keep them, do you think they should be given unique spells."

Edited by Audrel

I have spend to much time and money on grinding my Nahjo priest so for me it is simple. If Nahjo Priest is removed or change the spells in such a way that I can't justify having him

any longer I will have to quit WO.  My 3 toons "works" as a team and if the team's combined abilities are no longer capable of making me coin to be able to pay WO subs I will

have to quit.

I believe it is to late to change the player gods as I am sure I am not the only one that opted to go with a Nahjo priest because it is currently the most useful

priest on Freedom. I don't care about what is done to player gods on Epic (I have never played there nor intend to either) just leave them as is on Freedom Cluster.

Even if they are changed to a have unique spell list there will always be the crowd that will ###### and moan about them in the same way as they did at the

original gods before the player gods arrived. 

7 hours ago, Audrel said:

Greyfox gets it.

Slick, the poll has two options. Remove player gods and keep player gods. It even says in the poll title. Nowhere in the title does it call for changing them. Not removing them does not imply changing them, correct, but changing them requires keeping them. So the poll is Remove Them or Keep Them. The 3rd option is a subset of Keep Them.

It should be worded, "If you want to keep them, do you think they should be given unique spells."

Logically speaking there are 3 separate sides in actuality.  One side FOR CHANGE, one side NO CHANGE, and one said REMOVAL.  If you were to put them into categories you could say that Change and Removal are different from No Change, as they both accomplish something different than what we have.  In that light, Changing or Removing player deities is the heavy favorite in this poll.  I think we can all agree, based on the poll, that the majority of players feel something needs to change, and I couldn't be more enthusiastic about that approach.

Edited by Slickshot
I felt my post was a bit more rude than I intended.

Eh, I'm fine with player gods personally.

Still waiting for the one with an awesome spell list and a really nasty limitation, like cant initiate fights but has all the best pvp enchants.

2 minutes ago, Klaa said:

Eh, I'm fine with player gods personally.

Still waiting for the one with an awesome spell list and a really nasty limitation, like cant initiate fights but has all the best pvp enchants.

summon hellhorse
rolf pls

16 minutes ago, Slickshot said:

NO, the poll has the option to change or not change.  Period.  You can slice it anyway you like it, but at the end of the day two of those options ask for a change, and only one does not.  It's a fact my friend, and is not up for debate.  It's fairly logical too, so I'm confused at why you're attempting to argue against it.  So at the end of the day, factually, you get Keep Them the Same, or Change The Current System.  Period.  More are for change than are against it.  Also, one more time.  Just once more I'll reiterate that if you REALLY REALLY want to split it into different groups it could be split 3 ways, not 2.  One for CHANGE, one for NO CHANGE, and one for REMOVAL.  And when split 3 ways it comes out to a strong majority wanting them removed.  Anyhow, I hope you understand that explanation a bit better as my previous one was obviously flawed.  It would make no sense to discuss a simple fact of logic again, so I dread your response and urge to argue this into the dirt.  Please don't?

I will refrain from arguing it further as the argument is moot. In fact, it's so moot that a mod may remove all references to me being involved in it and I would not mind a bit. False premise. The validity of the logic is true. The inference is not.

22 minutes ago, Audrel said:

I will refrain from arguing it further as the argument is moot. In fact, it's so moot that a mod may remove all references to me being involved in it and I would not mind a bit. False premise. The validity of the logic is true. The inference is not.

Yeah, my post came off more rude than I wanted, so I edited it to show the basic facts.