Sign in to follow this  
Ramaraunt

Remove Player Gods

Remove Player Gods?  

107 members have voted

  1. 1. Should Player Gods Be Removed?



Recommended Posts

Please for the love of Permo, remove the player gods. They ruin the game in my opinion. Seeing WL using BL spells just sickens me.

 

Another alternative would be to give the player gods NEW and unique spells. I would actually prefer this over removing them.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm. Remove them and say farewell to 20% of WO subs. Or more? Don't have anything to say about new spells.

Edited by zigozag
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, they completely destroyed the lore and also the uniqueness of BL, besides mycelium there is 0 reason to be BL anymore.

 

Player gods and unfinished valrei system is the reason that I stopped playing WO, so a yes is the clear vote here.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zigozag said:

Hmm. Remove them and say farewell to 20% of WO subs. Or more? Don't have anything to say about new spells.

 

This is the problem with Freedom wanting/keeping Epic features.  We're not allowed to balance our own features/mechanics because it affects a different cluster....

 

The thing with player gods is, having certain kinds of priests/spells you didn't have before shows a lot of imbalance and how things could be better.  I said similar in a different post, something like give Mag truehit, cure light and/or drain health, web armor, able to mine and woodcut like lib, able to bash like lib, give Lib nimble, LT, maybe aosp since mag would get wa, able to catapult like mag, doesn't need as much since lib is already great in the spell department.  Maybe give Fo some kind of direct target spell like fireheart, but a unique one, fo is pretty good otherwise even without this.  Vynora is pretty balanced, so dunno there, maybe some kind of fun passive to try to keep WLers having to choose between all 3 wl priests and not just one or two

 

(and give Mag alchemy sac too because wasting iron on locks sucks :lol:)

(edit: and let us make hate tiles without mycellium)

Edited by MrGARY
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wargasm said:

Do you even play a priest?

 

...

Yes Loren is a lib priest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Player religions definitely need some tweaking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 to unique spells or removal. The lack of effort put into this system is almost obscene. I mean, why would a god named Tosiek have a spell called "Light of Fo"? Why would a whitelight god promote a whitelight player from a whitelight kingdom into a whitelight demigod, only for that whitelight demigod to inexplicably turn into a blacklight god (who is also somehow available to both BL and WL kingdoms)? It's a joke. Not to mention that we were once told that "Wurm isn't Counter-Strike" immediately before giving everyone access to every spell and saying "see? Everyone's on a level playing field now."

Saying "you can become a mayor, a king, or even a god" looks good on the box, but if you're not willing to give the feature the time it deserves, you shouldn't even include it at all. Better to under-promise and over-deliver than the reverse.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+1 for the unique spells option or +1 to buffing the old gods somewhat

 

PvE magic is broken and needs fixing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bangzuvelis said:

TBH I think its a bit too late for this :) 

tbh the only people that vote no are freedomers who the feature wasnt even made for. hop outta here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Josh said:

tbh the only people that vote no are freedomers who the feature wasnt even made for. hop outta here

thanks for reminding me why I dont play on epic Sir

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted yes and I'm one of the player gods. Lets go back to the good old days of Vyn, Lib, Mag and Fo.

 

There definately needs to be some balancing though with current spell lists.

 

Return all player gods to Demi gods and imobolise them on the Valrei map. Each demigod adds 1 unique new spell to their god.

 

This way new spell content can be slowly added to the game.

 

Free respec to all priests.

Edited by Gregory
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bangzuvelis said:

TBH I think its a bit too late for this :) 

 

I think it is too. But if I am allowed to change to another priest with no loss of work, I'll say yes. Until then, I'll say no. They would also have to remove all atlars. I don't want a domain war with a dead god once I change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Josh said:

tbh the only people that vote no are freedomers who the feature wasnt even made for. hop outta here

 

I am a Freedomer, yes, Josh, but I am also a person who has a life outside of Wurm Online who spent many hours of my real life day standing at an altar praying and sermoning to build a priest in a game - a game that required me to pay premium time for every second that priest exists so it can stay a priest. Are you willing to pay market value for a depriested priest? If not, hop outta here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Audrel said:

 

I am a Freedomer, yes, Josh, but I am also a person who has a life outside of Wurm Online who spent many hours of my real life day standing at an altar praying and sermoning to build a priest in a game - a game that required me to pay premium time for every second that priest exists so it can stay a priest. Are you willing to pay market value for a depriested priest? If not, hop outta here.

sure am, if it means removing player gods

 

id also pay however much money CC wanted to merge the clusters too. Hit me up with a pm rolf, we'll negotiate.

Edited by Josh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Josh said:

sure am, if it means removing player gods

 

id also pay however much money CC wanted to merge the clusters too. Hit me up with a pm rolf, we'll negotiate

 

I dunno about everyone else, but I'll take you up on that. If/when they do to priests what they did with traders and other items, I'll send you the bill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Gregory said:

I voted yes and I'm one of the player gods. Lets go back to the good old days of Vyn, Lib, Mag and Fo.

 

Hear this man!

 

I've said it elsewhere, we either need to live with the current mess or we need to revert to the situation before player gods were introduced (with a free convert for all current priests). I cannot see any other solution. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2016 at 0:53 PM, Wargasm said:

Do you even play a priest?

 

...

 

 

Yes, I was a Magranon priest on my MAIN before these stupid additions. I stopped playing the game after the new gods were added.

Edited by Ramaraunt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with removing player gods. I speak fairly regularly to staff, some devs, people who poke around in the WU code, long-time players, and other people who I generally consider to have trustworthy opinions, and I'm not sure I've ever heard a positive opinion about the current mechanics. The totally random generation of new gods and spell/ability lists is prone to error and balance problems, and is completely non-thematic and waters down the original gods.

 

If we're going to have more gods in Wurm, there needs to be an actual design process behind it. If there can't be, then we shouldn't have any new gods, because of the aforementioned problems. These problems could have been foreseen and prevented by changing the system, but for some reason the Powers That Be decided we needed to see everything go belly-up firsthand instead.

 

Remove the current ones. Reimburse existing followers and priests of those gods by letting them convert while retaining faith and alignment, with possibly some other reimbursement for priests. Then, start over, not allowing this sort of thing again until and unless a more reasonable system is in place.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ostentatio said:

I agree with removing player gods. I speak fairly regularly to staff, some devs, people who poke around in the WU code, long-time players, and other people who I generally consider to have trustworthy opinions, and I'm not sure I've ever heard a positive opinion about the current mechanics. The totally random generation of new gods and spell/ability lists is prone to error and balance problems, and is completely non-thematic and waters down the original gods.

 

If we're going to have more gods in Wurm, there needs to be an actual design process behind it. If there can't be, then we shouldn't have any new gods, because of the aforementioned problems. These problems could have been foreseen and prevented by changing the system, but for some reason the Powers That Be decided we needed to see everything go belly-up firsthand instead.

 

Remove the current ones. Reimburse existing followers and priests of those gods by letting them convert while retaining faith and alignment, with possibly some other reimbursement for priests. Then, start over, not allowing this sort of thing again until and unless a more reasonable system is in place.

Agreed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2016 at 3:36 PM, Josh said:

tbh the only people that vote no are freedomers who the feature wasnt even made for. hop outta here

Gosh, if only we could have a separate epic poll from chaos poll and maybe leave it on chaos and remove it from epic if that was what everyone wanted.  I mean, if only it were possible to have different features on the different clusters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Player gods are not a problem.  It's actually a very great concept.   The problem is that RNG decides their spell list.
Now if they had their own unique spells there would be no problem.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this