Sign in to follow this  
Egard

Mailing Changes - PVP

Its a very common strategy to mail things to either yourself or alts if you know your deed is going to be raided, to the avoid losing it. With the mailbox changes and more and more stuff being able to be mailed, a whole deed nearly worth of loot can be mailed out, while the attackers make their way in. Mailing when a enemy is in local should not be allowed.  Being able to mail things out just makes it so if you have people online you can pretty much mail everything out to yourself and leave no loot to be obtained by the raider making it nearly as safe as non tauntable merchants (chaos + home servers).

Edited by Egard
  • Like 7

Is this a joke. People are mailing stuff, when they are raided ? Well i can assure you that never happens in my kingdom. As we all are always ready for pvp. 

Even if this change comes. Instead of mailing to PVE, i would just log in my alt, keep things on it and log off. 

2 minutes ago, Gaul said:

Is this a joke. People are mailing stuff, when they are raided ? Well i can assure you that never happens in my kingdom. As we all are always ready for pvp. 

Even if this change comes. Instead of mailing to PVE, i would just log in my alt, keep things on it and log off. 

Hashirama did it at another one raid when he was in Macedon and then proceeded to suicide, and yes alts being able to log off with gear needs to be addressed as well perhaps increase the time it takes to log out to two hours which is the time allocated to allow for disintegration after a drain. 

Edited by Egard
  • Like 1

If you are going to fix mail perhaps also fix the bug that allows you to mail items cross kingdom provided the sending character has never been a member of a village in an alliance in a kingdom.

47 minutes ago, Gaul said:

Heh i have seen hashi cod a drake set from your old deed in minutes.. 

And with current prices of 1c its dirt cheap. Hmmm sure safety of a drakeset worth of 70€ for 8c.  so would +1 if the enemy in local is prem and 20+ fs, so enemy cannot distrupt you woth f2p alts on regular business. And maybe instead of local then on deed as someone hiding in the edge of local should not disturb it? Overall +1 but with a few minor clarifications.

• Like 1

+1
I have even mailed myself out my gear during raids, it's something that's so easy to do and you're a fool not to take advantage of this in a losing situation, such as the raid of Commorragh.
Gaul knows that the next time HotS gets a drake set HotS will instantly mail it to their freedom alt, that's just how it goes.
Along with this I suggest another bandaid where you cannot put items on merchants with enemies in local as well. Until the taunt change comes in.

( would anyone be interested in extending the logout timer with enemies in local? I can make a separate thread for that if anyone else thinks it's a good idea. I've seen a few times where my friends have been able to log out with an enemy in local inside an enemy deed. If you're attacked and you're unprepared in a crappy deed, half the time you can logout. Meh.)

+1

This has happened to me so many times. Utopia where 4+ drake sets were mailed out by the defenders was pretty annoying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gaul said:

lol

+1 from mailbox's while under siege

• Like 1

+1 please remove this bs, its pointless raiding for hours with trapped in players just to have them mail their gear out and suicide.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Egard said:

Its a very common strategy to mail things to either yourself or alts if you know your deed is going to be raided, to the avoid losing it. With the mailbox changes and more and more stuff being able to be mailed, a whole deed nearly worth of loot can be mailed out, while the attackers make their way in. Mailing when a enemy is in local should not be allowed.  Being able to mail things out just makes it so if you have people online you can pretty much mail everything out to yourself and leave no loot to be obtained by the raider making it nearly as safe as non tauntable merchants (chaos + home servers).

should also make it so that you CANNOT RECEIVE mail while under siege. They should just pretty much make mailboxes on a deed be unusable while deed is being raided

"The spirits are fearful of the enemy presence and refuse to take your mail" - Solved.

• Like 1

Why stop at on deed, make it full local so raiders cant mail things in that they forgot or ran out of too or is it only one sided?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

Why stop at on deed, make it full local so raiders cant mail things in that they forgot or ran out of too or is it only one sided?

I agree it should be both sides, why I said " Mailing when a enemy is in local should not be allowed. "

2 hours ago, SmeJack said:

wasn't talking to you

Why i suggested the deed would be because f2p alts can just sit in local even without raiding and blocking the mailing.  if it would be 20+fs and prem then sure local.

15 hours ago, Wulfgarr said:

Why i suggested the deed would be because f2p alts can just sit in local even without raiding and blocking the mailing.  if it would be 20+fs and prem then sure local.

f2p already is counted out of blocking actions such as looting corpses on epic, so makes sense that it could be worked that way np

just ya know

remove f2p from elevation/chaos it wouldn't be a problem instead of working around the "what if a f2p alt-" scenario each time something like this comes up

but that aint this thread i know

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Cornchips said:

just ya know

remove f2p from elevation/chaos it wouldn't be a problem instead of working around the "what if a f2p alt-" scenario each time something like this comes up

but that aint this thread i know

I agree with this, either f2p cannot play on chaos or everyone drops tabs+ affinities, so if you use f2p alts you will be feeding the enemies (although if i think about it, it might get abused hard so not a good idea).

11 hours ago, MrGARY said:

f2p already is counted out of blocking actions such as looting corpses on epic, so makes sense that it could be worked that way np

If this is working, then i am a +1 for this idea.

I'll +1 this but mine local may need extending or you'll see yet another "viable strategy "   ))) 

• Like 1

On 4/2/2016 at 10:59 AM, Postinglels said:

I'll +1 this but mine local may need extending or you'll see yet another "viable strategy "   ))) 

Well....  If the enemy are outside of the deed and have a mine, that's easy for them to just not all be in the mine? 

If you're in the mine, your local is shorter yes but theirs isn't, so they are still in your local

Can only understand if raiding party has a mine that they are forced into by defenders in a fight, but the door opens, so kill the raiders since you are strong enough to scare them and mailing doesn't matter, especially since if you have enough to scare the raiders, you probably don't have to worry about being raided

On 3/30/2016 at 4:43 PM, Egard said:

+100 man

We didn't know about this until last month when we raided the VD deed, we pushed 5-6 of them, 3 kitted in full moon metal into a reinforced safe mine. We blocked their exit and mined/disinteragted in. It was a blood bath, it was a blood bath because we was met with naked players stood next to a post box. We couldn't believe it, all the work to raid/push and get lucky on a disintergrate, just to be left empty handed. Disgusting and supports unsportmanship.