Sign in to follow this  
Lichbane

Black light / White light effect

Can the black light or white light effects be placed separately from an Altar.  I have one or two quest markers that I'd like to place on the world and without some form of indicators, players may be searching for some time. 

You can create the santa light thingy with #xmaslight which can also be seen from pretty long distances.

As sklo said, you can't make the black/white lights without mods.

If anyone wants to make a mod for that, some pointers:

•  player.getCommunicator().sendAddEffect(ITEMID, TYPE, PosX, PosY, PosZ, LAYER);
  • TYPE is 2 for WL, 3 for BL, 4 for santa sparklies
  • LAYER is 0 for surface
  • EffectFactory could be of interest, it provides some kind of persistent storage for effects

6 minutes ago, bdew said:

You can create the santa light thingy with #xmaslight which can also be seen from pretty long distances.

As sklo said, you can't make the black/white lights without mods.

If anyone wants to make a mod for that, some pointers:

•  player.getCommunicator().sendAddEffect(ITEMID, TYPE, PosX, PosY, PosZ, LAYER);
  • TYPE is 2 for WL, 3 for BL, 4 for santa sparklies
  • LAYER is 0 for surface
  • EffectFactory could be of interest, it provides some kind of persistent storage for effects

That's bdew.  I no programmer (at least haven't been for 15years) so that kind of counts me out.  But some kind of effects mod would be pretty cool. 

How does this #xmaslight work? How long does it persist? What does it look like? 

Edited by Lichbane

If no one takes on this i might make a mod, but not right now, too busy with other stuff.

#xmaslight spawns it at your position, looks like different colored sparks flying up, not sure about persistence, probably until server restart.

• Like 1

Thanks bdew.  No rush.  This will be a good excuse for players to attempt to explore my world a bit more as well. 

;-)

Just curious, did this go anywhere yet or did someone find/figure out a mod for lights?