Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

New Official map (1024x1024)

I am thinking about starting back up a small server in WU but the one thing is that i do not want to use mods or custom maps so that when there are updates my server does not get disrupted. I would like to see a 1024x1024 official map offered as an option for the people that just want a small solo play island. (something with like a large center landmass with a few small islands scattered about) 

I guess other people might like other size maps too so an official random map maker thing might be the way to go where you can put in your size and the game makes a new map for you. This way you can play with it and get a map you like kind of like minecraft does in a way.  I know that everyone is going to say that there are player made map makers but i would still prefer an official one so that i know that my server will always be stable with new updates. 

Edited by Kegan

FYI updates should never break custom maps. What comes with the download is templates, once you start playing on them or make a custom map - updates won't touch that.

The problem I found was that most of those custom maps are used by private servers and rarely available to the public. If you want a custom map, you often have to make it yourself which requires a certain amount of creative skill that many of us just don't have. I was looking for a 4096 (or preferably 8192 since I am an explorer) size single huge island with smaller satellite islands around it, the smaller ones large enough to be settled but small enough to be private. So far, all I have seen that is available for download is variations on the standard maps with lots of landmass broken up into varying sized islands. I tried making one myself but it didn't turn out so well with rocky hills instead of mountains. I actually love the Ereb Altor map but it's on a private server only.

If anyone knows of a place that has links to publicly available custom maps, it would be appreciated.

You can use any heightmap downloaded from google images for a map.

Have the mapmakers gotten easier to implement?  I haven't messed with them since the early ones and couldn't it t9 work consistently. 

I need a good map maker.   4096

If interested PM me.

On 5/5/2016 at 1:09 PM, razoreqx said:

I need a good map maker.   4096

If interested PM me.

Jonneh's Map Generator is about is simple and fast as it gets and makes some nice maps.

My only sadness about it is that I wish that it also created a blank database set complete with randomly placed source springs so that all we would have to do is select it from the server gui and start.

Edited by Crustyfoot

i dont know why your server should get disrupted after an update. i think this depends not on the map you use