Sign in to follow this  
Audrel

Change Thatching so you don't have to move around to keep getting ticks

As the title says. Your inventory fills up pretty quickly to have to run around without putting bsbs in the four corners so that you continue to get skill ticks.

What?  Please explain this more in depth.  I've grinded thatching and have no idea what you're talking about. Lol

I was standing at my bsb full of grass and stopped getting still ticks. I had to move 5+ tiles before I could get ticks again. When they stopped, I had to move again but I didn't get them still at the spot I was before. I literally had to move to each corner of my workshop every so many operations to continue to get skill gains.

That's odd.  I always imp'd thatched roofs for skill gain so I've never come across this issue.

+1
If that's how thatching skill ticks work, it needs to be fixed.

This is a completely ###### way to do things....  I gather a great deal of materials to be able to sit down and craft.  If this is true for any crafting imping actions it needs to be changed.  I focus on crafting and imping while reading for school or doing assignments.  If wurm thinks it's funny to slow down people because they don't stretch their virtual legs, they are ######s.

I went 5  - 20 maybe 6 months ago without moving and had no issue so this would have to be a new thing or something that does not occur until a higher level.  Or it could be one of those odd ones like some people claim to be able to stand in one spot and grind prospecting and others (me) have to move every so often or the ticks seem to dwindle or stop.

The paving one i may have sen recently when ticks seemed to just stop at ~68.5 and could not get ticks anywhere in my castle's inner keep making floors, i ended going somewhere else and doing it the old fashion pack dirt way with alt dig and drop.  I did not know it could be due to location.