Sign in to follow this  
leander

personal heraldry

I posted this in another thread, but I figured I should post it here too.

In this thread I would like to talk about the posibility of Personal Heraldry. I should start by defining what I mean by Heraldry: it is the practice of devising, granting, displaying, describing, and recording coats of arm and heraldic badges, if you were to simply type it into the Google search bar.  It is to be used on deed banners as well as other personal items such as tabards, wagons, horse covers, and flags, or other such display items.  In this way a person could display his/her own individuality or allegiance to one's village, or just simply personalize the look of one's wagon, ship, deed area, ect..  Now I'm sure this topic has come up before, but I couldn't find it when I looked, and be sure, I did look. 

Before I started playing Wurm I was an avid W.o.W. (World of Warcraft) player for more than 10 years, until I honestly got bored with it, and on that they had a tabard system for guilds, one that a guild leader could modify with moderate customization, and a similar function already exists in Wurm with the shop signs.  Has this ever been considered, or thought of? I guess is what I'm asking.  If I were to create it, I would make it a window that a player could choose between 6 simple shield shapes, 8 backgrounds with various color combinations, and 10 or 20 heraldic images that could be positioned, sized, and colored on the shield to create the personal heraldry. 

I have fallen in love with this game and look forward to a long relationship with it  as my gaming history would show. I will not be leaving for a while because Wurm has so much that I find appealing.  I just wanted to say that, but as far as this idea of mine for personal heraldry, I do look forward to having feed back, maybe getting this idea to a game creator, or even seeing it actually in game.  I've thought about this for a while and have a few other ideas for it, but I will hold those back for the right time.