Sign in to follow this  
Shakatra

Someone please give me a tour of Xan on your boat or caravel!

Help a poor girl out!

I'm very nice and won't cause any trouble. I just want to see the shores of Xanadu, but have no means to do so. It doesn't even have to be Xan in entirety, but a quarter of it maybe. Could I even bring a village friend? Would I be able to bring my four-footed friends on board, too? 

I'm located at NW Xanadu at Glasshollow. 

well nothing special to see.... glasshollow have realy nice shores   i travel around alot and belive me nothing to see ...  only chaos seems preaty as nature...

I happen to think Xanadu is beautiful for a virtual world. I have seen every "Island" since old JK Home before Indy was made (also Chaos and most of Epic) and I like Xanadu and Deli the best. Personal preferences and all.

Shakatra, if my real life schedule was more conducive to social gameplay I would take you on a tour, but right now and for months to come I won't know when or if I can log on each day or for how long. I would leave you stranded more often than not and that's not fair to you. Keep trying, someone may be able to take you.

Edited by geode
  • Like 1

Just buy a rowboat you can probably get one for under 50c and you can forage for coins and sell the item you get to a token to get the money together.  I doubt it would take you long and anyone can use a rowboat even free players. 

Heck if you need the 50c just pm me here on the forums and i will give you the money to buy one. 

• Like 2

Shakatra, Xanadu is a very large server.  There are people who will do it, but due to how long it would take for a tour most will not.  I crossed Xanadu once from the west coast to the east.  I had a head wind.  And a light breeze for three days.  It took me 16 hours to get across the south coast.  That server is extremely large.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, geode said:

I happen to think Xanadu is beautiful for a virtual world. I have seen every "Island" since old JK Home before Indy was made (also Chaos and most of Epic) and I like Xanadu and Deli the best. Personal preferences and all.

Shakatra, if my real life schedule was more conducive to social gameplay I would take you on a tour, but right now and for months to come I won't know when or if I can log on each day or for how long. I would leave you stranded more often than not and that's not fair to you. Keep trying, someone may be able to take you.

You're one of maybe three nicest people I've met in Wurm. 

2 hours ago, Kegan said:

Just buy a rowboat you can probably get one for under 50c and you can forage for coins and sell the item you get to a token to get the money together.  I doubt it would take you long and anyone can use a rowboat even free players. 

Heck if you need the 50c just pm me here on the forums and i will give you the money to buy one. 

I have 50c, thank you so much for the offer! Wouldn't I need Mind Logic to be at least 19.5?

1 hour ago, Theonis said:

Shakatra, Xanadu is a very large server.  There are people who will do it, but due to how long it would take for a tour most will not.  I crossed Xanadu once from the west coast to the east.  I had a head wind.  And a light breeze for three days.  It took me 16 hours to get across the south coast.  That server is extremely large.

Theonis, it's okay to say that I'm being naive! Lol. I had no idea it was that large. On the game map it's difficult to tell. 

Edited by Shakatra

Welcome to Wurm Shakatra.  I hope you find a spot that you like.  Each server has its own personality to it and how the vibe of the kingdom chat feels.  So you can explore around if you would like and search for places.  The best thing is you are not limited to Xanadu, you can cross server borders and go to one of the other connecting islands.  Your row boat will do this for you, of course you have to row it your self though :P 

Any ways, Most of the servers are 8km by 8km in size.  Independence is a 16x16 and Xanadu, the largest is a 32x32 server.

It's unclear if you wish to return to the same spot or you plan to settle somewhere. If you plan to return, bringing along horses will only be an annoyance :)

I know pretty much every corner of Xanadu better than my deed. Travelling and adventures were always the best part of Wurm to me, many months, maybe even 3/4 of my playtime on Xanadu I've spent on riding across the land. I doubt you'll find many people that knows Xanadu as well. If you wanna see the essence of Xanadu's beauty you won't find it on shore, you gotta take your horses, pack your stuff and ride straight forward, wherever your path might lead. If you like, you can come with me for a "little" trip and I'll show you most beutiful places, different starter towns, hidden valleys, and secret tunnels or forest "paths" to mountains. However you have to be aware of all dangers and the risk that grows with every step forward. Just let me know if you're ready for a travel like that. You'd need fast horses, tents and willing heart! If you can't ride a horse yet I can bring my cart, but remember adventure might be dangerous and perhaps even my sword won't be enough to protect you all :)

Enjoy wilderness!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Shakatra said:

I have 50c, thank you so much for the offer! Wouldn't I need Mind Logic to be at least 19.5?

As a new character you start the game with the mind logic you need not sure what the number is but it is enough to use a rowboat for sure so yes you can buy and use a rowboat as soon as you log on your new character. 

Edited by Kegan

If you are near Glasshollow I can give you a tour around the area in a hell cart. You can pm / add Tuanta. I could really use a break from terraforming my deed.

• Like 2

To pm someone use /t nick message

To add as your friend use /addfriend nick