Sign in to follow this  
Alkhadias

Different Imbues on a single tool

Hello Wurmians!

I wanna ask you if you ever did any tests with imbuing a single tool with different types of potions. What I mean is that I have a hammer. It has 100 armor, weapon and blacksmithing imbues but i can't quite see any difference while using this hammer, and random other tool like water, pelt or whetstone in blacksmithing. But when I'm working on armors, like plate armors or chain armors I can see a significant difference between this hammer and rest of the tools. It seems like only the first imbue works for me. I might be wrong, certainly I'd test it better with other hammers with just a single BS imbue. I wonder if you ever test it before and what was your results. Not like I'm complaining, just curiosity, maybe I'm getting too old or too fussy to see such little affects. 

I wondered this too, when I saw some multi imbue tools up for sale recently.  In addition, I would like to know if all the imbues take decay, when being used for just one type of job.

having 2 imbues disable both on the test i made, maybe others have different experiences though

You're probably not seeing any effects because imping (armorsmithing, blacksmithing) imbues do VERY little, they only really help when imping up and above your skill (so you won't really see any difference at 98 blacksmithing when imping stuff up to 90ql).

And the weaponsmithing imbue only works on subskills (bladesmithing, weapon heads smithing), not actual ws :P

And yes they all decay, they're just like any other enchantment (coc/woa/botd)

Edited by asdf

So there's still no clear answer to that. That's actually pretty interesting, maybe Enki could answer to this question? Also if multiple imbues don't work together on a single tool, then why not to make them work? I think it should be clearly solved, because people who are able to get all potions for 3x full imbues would have no problem to get also 3x rare hammers, but first they should know if they even need them or maybe one rare hammer is enough. And also why complicate it, would be much better to be able to imbue one tool multiple times with different imbues than switching hammers one by one to do some random repairs, imps etc. That's my opinion, perhaps someone else had different experience. :)