Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Upcoming PvP changes

22 hours ago, Madt said:

Finally got to the end of the thread after a cursory read. :lol:

Some other thing's I'd like to comment further on;

The SoTG suggestion 1 that makes leather and cloth more viable, I think even with that SoTG would still be the path all pvp'ers must choose in order to compete. People would simply wear cloth from then on and gain the movement speed bonus of cloth while having the protection of plate. This would make anyone who isnt SoTG need to wear either drake or not fight at all as if they wore plate they'd be extremely slow compared to all the non SoTG players and  therefore they'd be the primary target every fight. And the only way around this would be to get SoTG yourself so you can move as fast as everyone. Thus creating another unwanted requirement for pvp.

*Remove disintegration requiring token drain and remove magranon bonus.

Again, this would make it far too easy for the attacking party in raiding deeds. They'd just setup a safe mine (a mine with a very high QL steel door on that is totally reinforced from the inside) and mine their way into the town mines and access the deed from there, completely bypassing the defenses built above ground. Also as someone else pointed out the defenders would have no way to fend this kind of attack off, they'd have to pretty much sit and wait until the attackers mined and disintegrated through then fight them there, but they'd all die within minutes as mentioned earlier due to being heavily outnumbered.

Also, in this sentence I don't know what you mean by remove mag bonus? Do you mean the disintegrate spell? Bit confused by the wording so if you could clarify what that means exactly I'd be grateful.

I agree on Madts replies to the changes, he couldnt describe it any better for me (thank you) Nerfing Sotg will make more options for pvp like maybe a comeback for path of hate and path of power givng other buffs that should be considered equally good for pvp. However I simply wish to add that I seriously dont agree that player deties was ever a good idea, atleast not in the scale that everyone can join their religion so easily.

The new deties is messing the game up to no end, I kinda liked the old WL and BL setup that Code club had taken time developing and balancing instead of the random crap we get from the new gods, that could either be the best combination ever for a pvp player or a list of the worst (sorry for my use of words). Pvp should be more advanced then having ppl only select between 2-3 viable weapons and one meditation path and one religion (Looking at you Nathan). Im not speaking alone in this, we have ahd good players such as LorenaMotana leaving the game permanently because of these changes to pvp, I hope he could find an excuse to keep playing one day. Great feedback thread all keep posting!

4 minutes ago, Nocturnes said:

Pvp should be more advanced then having ppl only select between 2-3 viable weapons and one meditation path and one religion

^This

This is my problem with PvP in Wurm atm. It's not balanced whatsoever. It's one direct line that is acceptable, and the rest are just obsolete.

There's no variety.  You should go with one type of weapon, one type of meditation path and one religion to be strongest, without question. 

What I think Wurm needs is a serious overhaul. Make everything good and not just a few things good. 

Have one path grant you more health, but then make the other hit twice as hard. Make the third better at evading, and the forth better at something else. Don't isolate things that are "the only way" for PvP.

If you give players a buff, give the others an option to counter it. I don't see this happening atm, and thus PvP is dying. 

Just my opinion, naturally.

Retro, please consider locking this post and creating a new one with your changed wording

• Like 2