Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Upcoming PvP changes

Also for me the most important change for every kingdom is to have a core shelter, really hard to raid and easy to defend, to recover and grow back after defeat. Not SotG, not upkeep and others.

9 minutes ago, Mormo said:

SotG players in leather against no SotG players in plates, 1 day long scenario "conquer/defend X". Of course that make Challenge quite close to the test server but that`s another story.

you dont need a challenge round for that, you can calculate it

sotg+leather has superior damage reduction, move speed, casting/archery bonus, weight, and craftability as compared to non-sotg and plate

the only differences would be in glance rates, which leather has much better than plate against mauling and slightly better than plate against slashing

plate's piercing glance rate is better than leather's but you only ever pierce with longswords, and even then it's only half the time

sotg+leather wins

Edited by Alexgopen

Love all the proposed changes.  Thank you for taking action on this matter.

I do have to mention to not forget also a way to restart the server.  The proposed changes are great, however, MR already won on Chaos so I dont believe the changes wont change the tide of power at all.  A good solution to restart the game is to have a blank Chaos server connected to the old one in which players can migrate to and start from scratch.  This way, players will be able to transfer items that they would want to bring to the new server with no hassle.  The kingdom mechanics don't even have to change as they can remain in their current kingdom when travelling to the new one to begin building their new capitals.  I believe this way everyone will start with a balanced opportunity to commence building.  This will also promote Freedomers to come to Chaos and start their own Kingdom as well.

Make destruction of longhouses easier, focus on less tedium when raiding and promote faster raids.

Remove disintegration requiring token drain and remove magranon bonus.

I agree with the disintegration, but alongside longhouse destruction it just seems OP and favors the raider, who already has the favor of selecting a time when you're offline. How-ever, if we added the Drain/Raid scheudle timer like eve, it could work better. But it shouldn't be this OP.

Making deeds cost more but easier to raid is also a no. I think you should make it so towers need linking instead of covering a mechanic with money, which tbh won't really stop p2w.

The changes to SOTG are interesting, I like the leather/cloth idea. I would also say to give the archery bonus a scale, so those who archer in full plate recieve a nerf, then, SOTG that wear leather can also have a bonus of having no archery nerf against somebody in full plate.

I like the sotg only working in leather/cloth idea, but ONLY IF it's per body part, not requiring a complete set, because with a cloth hood or leather hat your face is asking to get smashed. 

Cloth armor + seryll bastinet would be fun

right @hemrzz?

• Like 1

some people will dislike SOTG changes completetly. The mechanic of it needs to be changed not just scaled down in numbers.
Thinking about the leather idea. You'd need a fullhelm to avoid eye/face shots, so, idk -1 it was a creative idea but needs more thinking.

Remove the ability to teleport  +1

Have tower guards target whoever is trying to capture the tower. Require killing of guards before tower is captured.

I don't think this is a good change. You should atleast increase the timer to 20 minutes tho, as the elevation map is bigger and takes longer to respond.

Also, just make home servers have ENEMY ONLY missions. Get the players over to elevation / enemy servers if they want rewards.

I play on Chaos. Here is a summary of my views on the certain issues I feel strongly about:

1. I disagree with increasing deed costs

2. I disagree with getting rid of teleporting

3. I agree with getting rid of throwing and stunning in Valrei mobs

4. I disagree with getting rid of life transfer

Here are my comments and reasons in more detail:

1. Deed costs: I disagree with raising the deed costs for the following reasons

- This is not fair to current deed owners, who may not be able to afford increased deed costs. What will end up happening is the deeds belonging to people with money will remain and the others will fall away, which isn't a good way to go. What might work better is to raise the initial deed cost but keep the monthly upkeep the same.

- This also puts a whole lot of inequality among the people who want to make deeds - people with less money should still be able to create deeds. Again, raising only the start up cost of a deed will probably make it more affordable if the monthly fees are quite low.

- We shouldn't be discouraging deed making - the more freedom people have on a server, the more likely they are to join it or keep playing on it. Maybe if it wasn't pvp that would be a good idea, but in pvp if you don't like someone else's deed you can attack it; again, the more player freedom, the better.

2. Teleporting: I disagree with getting rid of teleporting for the following reasons

- People worked for months or years on their meditation paths to get to be able to teleport; taking it away will cause resentment at best, people quitting at worst.

- While I agree teleporting shouldn't be a common mode of transportation, having the ability to travel long distances occasionally is sensible considering how long it takes to get from one side of the server to the other. If changes must be made to teleporting, rather take away the karma teleports and increase the cool down period for meditation teleports.

3. No throwing or stunning for Valrei mobs: I agree with this for the following reasons

- It seems fair that Valrei mobs are powerful, but combined with the throwing and stunning, they are virtually unassailable. People should have more of a chance to defeat them, and taking away throwing and stunning seems a good way to even the scales a bit. If you do decide to keep throwing and stunning, I'd suggest making the Valrei mobs weaker in some other way so that players have a chance at dealing with them.

- For those of us who don't have high fighting skills yet, I believe running away should always be an option, which is isn't if you're thrown from your horse and killed before you can find it again - this has happened to me before, and I doubt it's that uncommon. Valrei mobs would still be hard to get away from even without throwing and stunning; nogumps particularly seem impossible to outrun, they don't need any further advantages.

- I know for myself that when I see Valrei mobs have been released, I lock myself inside and don't come out, and I can't be the only one - venturing out with them running around is like a death sentence. I do not believe that there should be things that discourage players from playing, and generally being locked inside your house makes it difficult to play how you want to.

4. Taking away life transfer: I disagree with this for the following reasons

- On a pvp server, combat is one of the main interests for most of the players. The more variety there is in combat, the better; this makes it more interesting. If anything, I think we should be adding more spells or abilities to weapons, or armour, or horses, etc.

- In battle, there is often no chance to heal yourself, as you're too busy fighting, and as far as I know, life transfer is the only thing that heals you while you are actually fighting. This is unique and useful and should not be taken away. If you want to limit life transfer, perhaps make it more difficult to achieve? I know it's pretty difficult currently, but if you really don't like it you could always make it harder.

6 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Changes

•     Remove Information minister. do not remove this, just the feature of 'so and so has entered your territory
  •  
  •     Remove all teleportation forms on PvP servers (including home servers). this seems overkill, you have just made all lvl 80 path ability's useless, insanity teleport although you would have to be crazy to use it, sometimes its still a viable last resort option as that champ nogump is kicking the crap out of you
  •  
  •     Remove archery penalties or scale according to individual armour pieces.
  •  
  •     Disable embarking on vehicles or mounts while in combat with an enemy players. yes for carts/wagons, boats not sure, mounts why?
  •  
  •     Addition of Archery keybinds.
  •  
  •     Remove stun/throw from valrei mobs.
  •  
  •     Make nolocate on bodies work similar to jewellery with power determining % blocked. Cooldowns on searching for same person. cooldowns?
  •  
  •     Remove disintegration requiring token drain and remove magranon bonus. why did this need to be changed? you should have to work raiding a deed and getting to the token, not so a single person can come along and bust into a deed
  •  
  •     Creation of a “verbose” combat tab option, including extra information such as Area of Effect spells, Direct target spells,     karma and meditation buffs, etc
  •  
  •     Raise deed costs on PvP servers to limit expansion by simply placing multiple deeds to conquer towers this really needs some explanation, and all I can see this doing is limit a smaller kingdom from making deeds, large kingdoms will always have decent cash flows, so is this a nerf or a cash grab for code club red?
  •  
  •     Scale scenario point rewards according to mission type (sacrifice, drain, traitor, tree) then modified by whether server is friendly, enemy, or elevation this is just epic?
  •  
  •     Make uniques focus points of missions, or giving kingdom based rewards for slaying again, this epic?
  •  
  •     Change battle rank to only be given through kills, not through missions or capping towers/camps end the decay then
  •  
  •     Make destruction of longhouses easier, focus on less tedium when raiding and promote faster raids. this idea for a very small group to romp through deeds? longhouses are already easy to take out, what would be nice is to see bugged wall plans and bugged catapulting fixed
  •  
  •     Make chaos and possibly home server merchants tauntable
  •  
  •     Remove speed bonus from logged off alts on boats on  PvP servers
  •  
  •     Have tower guards target whoever is trying to capture the tower. Require killing of guards before tower is captured. not sure how this came about, capping towers solo is not exactly easy to do and don't see this happening very often, small groups 3-4 say they can do it (I think there luck was just getting good rng on guard spawns), although I never seen them do more than a few, its already difficult with guards going after the capper in any case

Shield of the Gone

SotG has been a long term issue with PvPers, and it is quite clear that it is too powerful in its current state.We currently have two proposed changes, which are listed below: this is a long term issue with a very small group of PvP'rs you make it sound like everyone who has done pvp want this nerfed

• Reworking SotG to only work with Cloth or Leather armour, moving a SotG character to being lighter without sacrificing protection (being slightly more than steel plate, but lower than scale/moon plate) yet not be the current tank that it is.

• Alternatively, remove the ability to heal from Life Transfer and all healing spells. This moves the SotG character into a strong fighter in a short melee, but in drawn out conflicts becomes very fragile.

sotg is a ability anyone can spend the time and effort to get, it is not over powered, it is what is needed to be survivable when engaged in a pvp activity, those without sotg have little chance in a engagement of pulling through, this is the problem, either scale the sotg so it can be used at lower levels of meditation paths or make using armors such as leather/chain/plate more viable to use, of course scale/drake should always be the best choice, but only when you are able to use sotg in conjunction with this, without it you are nothing more than worm food

Retrograde I feel that the 3 hours you spent talking to us and listening to us was all for naught, do you suffer from short term memory, if so you should have been taking notes. I do not see a single thing we suggested in all these changes, in fact so many things are right out of left field and I am not sure if some of these changes were tailored for the epic environment or not, as I never have played on epic.

Chaos is not Epic

allow mine doors to close to enemy again. The fun out weighs the negatives, increase LO timer when out of kingdom influence and when enemy are in local so LO in a mine won't be as annoying.

Edited by Mclovin

Also end the use of alts, there should be consequences of using alts. Alts that die repeatedly should end up spawning somewhere else, far too many times I have seen main players log out and log in alt to defend.

If you want to use an alt due to not wanting to risk your main to grab catapults, go after boats/horses, grab dirt, scout, etc. there should be something gained from killing said alt.

New players should not spawn on chaos as well, anyone who wants to play wurm should start off on freedom and if they want to play on the pvp server then make there way over there. I am sure you loose the majority of new players within the first few days of playing  because they get flattened by tower guards/valerie creatures and other players over and over.

Edited by JakeRivers

5 hours ago, Retrograde said:
  •     Remove Information minister. +1 to the blah blah blah has entered your territory
  •     Remove all teleportation forms on PvP servers (including home servers). +1 to the karma port defense but it does have its non exploit uses.
  •     Remove archery penalties or scale according to individual armour pieces.+1 to scaling it
  •     Disable embarking on vehicles or mounts while in combat with an enemy players.-1 to just disabling it maybe a timer on the action in combat?
  •     Addition of Archery keybinds.+1
  •     Remove stun/throw from valrei mobs.-1 to be honest, those Sons of... Nogump are something I have a special fear of, I think that is a good thing.
  •     Make nolocate on bodies work similar to jewellery with power determining % blocked. Cooldowns on searching for same person. no opinion
  •     Remove disintegration requiring token drain and remove magranon bonus. honestly as an MR chaos player I have seen priests burn through a lot of favor trying to pop a reinforced mine wall, how about keep the token drain, remove mag bonus but make it easier for all priests to succeed?
  •     Creation of a “verbose” combat tab option, including extra information such as Area of Effect spells, Direct target spells,     karma and meditation buffs, etc +1
  •     Raise deed costs on PvP servers to limit expansion by simply placing multiple deeds to conquer towers-1 I don't think the stated goal of preventing tower caps from deeds is a huge issue, maybe fix that mechanic?
  •     Scale scenario point rewards according to mission type (sacrifice, drain, traitor, tree) then modified by whether server is friendly, enemy, or elevation+1
  •     Make uniques focus points of missions, or giving kingdom based rewards for slaying+1
  •     Change battle rank to only be given through kills, not through missions or capping towers/camps not sure
  •     Make destruction of longhouses easier, focus on less tedium when raiding and promote faster raids.-1
  •     Make chaos and possibly home server merchants tauntable -1 please explain why?
  •     Remove speed bonus from logged off alts on boats on  PvP servers + always felt this was an exploit
  •     Have tower guards target whoever is trying to capture the tower. Require killing of guards before tower is captured.-1 if your going to make it impossible to capture the tower just remove the option and we will bash them no need to make us waste time trying to do the impossible.

Shield of the Gone

SotG has been a long term issue with PvPers, and it is quite clear that it is too powerful in its current state.We currently have two proposed changes, which are listed below:

• Reworking SotG to only work with Cloth or Leather armour, moving a SotG character to being lighter without sacrificing protection (being slightly more than steel plate, but lower than scale/moon plate) yet not be the current tank that it is.

• Alternatively, remove the ability to heal from Life Transfer and all healing spells. This moves the SotG character into a strong fighter in a short melee, but in drawn out conflicts becomes very fragile.

-1 okay this one requires more than two cents.  First I'm MR chaos NOT SotG and it is obvious that there is an issue when seeing these guys in action that the combat system is broken.  BUT the combat mechanics of the game are broken as a whole.  The first suggestion sounds good... but then you have these guys RACING across battlefields nuking people in teams only to run away after assassinating their targets.  With the second in a large melee forget long or short you just... die.  I'm a plate wearer and a highish ability PAS I can keep my armor above 80ql and if someone lands a blow with a two hander I need an exit strategy.  You need to look at the way some of the combat abilities scale in the game, there are too many stacking bonuses.  For the encumbrance in weight and speed especially as plate is considered- on Chaos- to be 'scrub' gear it doesn't do near enough damage mitigation.  Weight for drake for the protective value is a joke, seriously I think the set-minus a helm which is going to be moonmetal plate on a drake wearer- is less than the weight of my plate leggings.  As has been stated by others a 95+FS toon with rare two hander with pvp casts can near one shot a 50ish body character. 

So what I might suggest is SotG characters keep their current tanky nature but make it an instant activate ability with a timer to deactivate- I'm thinking 1-2 minutes- and make the character move at the speed of a plate wearer while ability is active.  This makes them tough and central to fights but doesn't allow them to just bug out and run when the fight goes against them.  Of more concern should be the fact that in pvp anyone not 'gud'- meaning having a character that has been played for YEARS with near max combat skills- will be next to one shot in pvp and in a melee that means a few skilled players landing near simultaneous blows.  If the weapon that hits such a toon is a 2hander then a one shot is a definite possibility.  So I would recommend 2handers get reduced damage and maybe a new random chance in pvp for lower end toons- maybe sub 60FS- to have a luck bonus added to their defense to account for as the saying goes the worlds best swordsman doesn't fear the second best but the worst because he has no idea what the idiot will do.

Other changes that have not yet been discussed include

• Removal of oakshell from mounts (player targets only).
  • Resistance to healing spells/cooldown.
  • HotA changes.
  • Many many more, feel free to ask about them! Give us the list of the many many more so we know whats on your minds!

When providing feedback, for the sake of clarity and easier cataloging, please provide which server you play on, if you play on both feel free to say so, but also indicate your main server.  MR Chaos

A lot of mechanics may be delayed until we have a longer time frame to address balancing across a whole range of issues, such as priests, all meditation paths, weapons, armour, stats and combat in general. The initial aim is to improve PvP in the short term, and then address more balancing issues with a way of testing them out thoroughly, challenge round 3 is quite possible....  Okay Challenge is an elephant in the room, is there any way if challenge is supposed to be a true test of changes and you want the pvp community to participate that we can lock down the pvp servers for a few weeks no challenge rewards- maybe a title like accepted the challenge- and the option to port your main to the challenge server at their real skill gain.  Let those of us who might not want to scrap work on a main continue while others can make fast disposable versions that will skill up quickly if that's their preference.  Bottom line is get us all together as one unhappy pvp family to really test stuff if your going to use another Challenge as a live test server.

•     Remove Information minister. - Only remove the added option "XXXXX has entered your territory"
  •     Remove all teleportation forms on PvP servers (including home servers). -if it means what it says then no. Twigs and such should still be usable. For karmateleport i would rather it would be increased to equal amount of a twig kost (~5000 karma)
  •     Remove archery penalties or scale according to individual armour pieces. - Yes
  •     Disable embarking on vehicles or mounts while in combat with an enemy players. -Yes
  •     Addition of Archery keybinds. - Yes
  •     Remove stun/throw from valrei mobs. - Yes
  •     Make nolocate on bodies work similar to jewellery with power determining % blocked. Cooldowns on searching for same person. - Dont see any point for this really
  •     Remove disintegration requiring token drain and remove magranon bonus. - No
  •     Creation of a “verbose” combat tab option, including extra information such as Area of Effect spells, Direct target spells,     karma and meditation buffs, etc - Sure, why not
  •     Raise deed costs on PvP servers to limit expansion by simply placing multiple deeds to conquer towers - Maybe, no insane amounts and proper discussion first
  •     Scale scenario point rewards according to mission type (sacrifice, drain, traitor, tree) then modified by whether server is friendly, enemy, or elevation - No answer
  •     Make uniques focus points of missions, or giving kingdom based rewards for slaying - No answer
  •     Change battle rank to only be given through kills, not through missions or capping towers/camps - Dont really care, the battlerank just decays away nowdays. If anything remove the decay
  •     Make destruction of longhouses easier, focus on less tedium when raiding and promote faster raids. - Yes
  •     Make chaos and possibly home server merchants tauntable - Yes
  •     Remove speed bonus from logged off alts on boats on  PvP servers - Yes
  •     Have tower guards target whoever is trying to capture the tower. Require killing of guards before tower is captured. - No to guards focusing the capper. it should stay as is for spawning. however that all the guards needs to be killed is a good idea. However when you cap towers some guards just runs off and is nowhere to be found so it should only be guards withing a certain perimiter for example 30x30 area or fix so guards doesnt run away.

as for shield of the gone the answer is no, nothing should be done about it. It is too late now to do changes. Devs have had years to change it and now most people are shield of the gone in pvp and dealt with it.

Removing teleport includes the portal from home servers to elevation? If so, I think this would have a negative impact on pvp.

1 minute ago, Manik said:

Removing teleport includes the portal from home servers to elevation? If so, I think this would have a negative impact on pvp.

I'm 99% sure it doesnt involve portals.

• Remove Information minister.

^ +1

•     Remove all teleportation forms on PvP servers (including home servers).

^ +1

•     Remove archery penalties or scale according to individual armour pieces.

^ +1

•     Disable embarking on vehicles or mounts while in combat with an enemy players.

-1 the game is REALLY buggy and it's not rare to be thrown off your horse or especially boat for no good reason. This will just lead to many people dying due to bugs and piss people off

•     Addition of Archery keybinds.

^ +1

•     Remove stun/throw from valrei mobs.

^ +1

•     Make nolocate on bodies work similar to jewellery with power determining % blocked. Cooldowns on searching for same person.

^ +1

•     Remove disintegration requiring token drain and remove magranon bonus.

-1 I know it's frustrating to be raiding a deed and people are minehopping you but this is one of the few things defenders have for safety. I don't think this should be changed because generally defenders are at a massive disadvantage when it comes to numbers online as the attackers have prepared for this and got everyone online - the only thing that helps the defenders is the mechanics which should be biased towards them. 

•     Creation of a “verbose” combat tab option, including extra information such as Area of Effect spells, Direct target spells,     karma and meditation buffs, etc

^ +1

•     Raise deed costs on PvP servers to limit expansion by simply placing multiple deeds to conquer towers

^ +1

•     Scale scenario point rewards according to mission type (sacrifice, drain, traitor, tree) then modified by whether server is friendly, enemy, or elevation

^ +1

•     Make uniques focus points of missions, or giving kingdom based rewards for slaying

^ +1

•     Change battle rank to only be given through kills, not through missions or capping towers/camps

^ +1

•     Make destruction of longhouses easier, focus on less tedium when raiding and promote faster raids.

Not sure about this. With the addition of trebuchet's it's already quite easy. I think the #1 problem with destroying the longhouses is getting the catapult lined up properly and not overshooting - I think it would be better to make the catapulting aiming more predictable. 

•     Make chaos and possibly home server merchants tauntable

Not a fan of this but I do understand more needs to be done to prevent merchants being used as secure banks. 

•     Remove speed bonus from logged off alts on boats on  PvP servers

^ +1

•     Have tower guards target whoever is trying to capture the tower. Require killing of guards before tower is captured.

-1 this will literally make tower capturing impossible because every time the person capturing the tower gets hit it has a chance to stop the action - even with crazy high body control it still happens frequently. 

-1 to everything that makes deeds easier to raids.

Not happy with a sotg nerf.

Spent months getting 70 meditating but a free path switch makes it easier to swallow.

1 hour ago, Mclovin said:

allow mine doors to close to enemy again. The fun out weighs the negatives, increase LO timer when out of kingdom influence and when enemy are in local so LO in a mine won't be as annoying.

off deed mine hops that let people just log off when it gets bad before a wall can be disintegrated / door bashed is never a good idea

it's just introducing a safety net with no realistic counter that can be created within minutes, we all saw how terrible it was

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DrB said:

Removal of oakshell from mounts means we also can't oakshell pets or archery grinding targets.  

This is a good point too, quite a few people got 99-100 archery from grinding on oakshelled animals (bulls and horses are the best), it's realistically the only way you can grind the skill, it's not fair to nerf it. If you must keep it like this; please make bison less tanky to archery shots so they can be used for archery grinding (they are useless atm since they glance too much)

16 minutes ago, Gavin said:

This is a good point too, quite a few people got 99-100 archery from grinding on oakshelled animals (bulls and horses are the best), it's realistically the only way you can grind the skill, it's not fair to nerf it. If you must keep it like this; please make bison less tanky to archery shots so they can be used for archery grinding (they are useless atm since they glance too much)

I got 99.53 archery from actual hunting, shooting pets/zombies is just dumb and never felt the urge to do that and always hoped shooting a stationary target without actually hunting would be fixed

Oakshell horses are pretty bad.  Can't really say go dispel because often an archery fight can be much much further than dispel range, and the archery fight can/usually determines who wins

• Like 1

If/when rank gain is removed from missions and towers/camps, please also reset all ranks.

Otherwise, people will just sit at the top with their outrageously inflated ranks from doing missions.

• Like 1

"Honestly, between removing disintegration and weakening longhouses, you will see the death of Chaos. The last few non MR hold outs wont even be able to defend or recover from an assault."

I agree with Stormcrow.  While the above would have been fine when the server was more balanced (Kingdom strengths), presently it would finish off the remaining hold-outs that still have the opportunity to reassert themselves.

SoTG.  There is nothing wrong with it.  If you're a warrior it's a viable path, especially on PvP servers.  I rather have Path of Knowledge but that is the sacrifice I make.  I choose to be a fighter account, well it's the price of battle just like expensive armours.  The main difference is anybody can reach SoTG with the effort the rest of us put in, not everybody can/should afford dragon amour.  PvP advantages?  Take away dragon armour and moon metals, they are pay-to-win, not so with SoTG. 

There is nothing wrong with SoTG except the envious ones that choose a different path but don't want to change or put the effort the rest of us already did.

It's the same as saying:  Nerf all 90+ weaponsmiths back to 50 skill because I'm 50 skill and don't want to skill it to 90.  While keeping my choice of 90+ blacksmithing.

It's not unbalanced if EVERYBODY has the choice/ability to reach it.  It's like any other advantage in Wurm, effort = advantage.

Nerf +25% Path of Knowledge, they have an unfair skilling advantage relative to me and I don't want to change my path.  Same thing.  Ridiculous.

Edited by GoG
  • Like 3

Remove Information minister. - This just needs reworking so its back to the old system

Remove archery penalties or scale according to individual armour pieces. - Scaling yes. 

Remove speed bonus from logged off alts on boats on  PvP servers - After reading some more responses this seems like a good idea

Creation of a “verbose” combat tab option, including extra information such as Area of Effect spells, Direct target spells,     karma and meditation buffs, etc  - I get it, +1

I just do not see how any of the other changes will promote PvP.  (PvP related changed ofc)

Wurm needs more players, any changes that are made need to bring more people into the fold and not push them away or alienate them. 

Edited by Dyson
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Carmichael said:

HotA changes. remove the ability to gain champion points as well as rank [13:54:29] Lisabet 484. over 90% of those points were from HOTA.

2896138fe9.jpg

erm, yes :P

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Retrograde said:
  •     Remove Information minister. Only the relaying of enemy in influence, not the entire office.
  •     Remove all teleportation forms on PvP servers (including home servers). No this is extreme, just change it to a 24h cool down after joining a village to recall/karma home and possibly some small cool down after server crossing. There is zero sense in a blanket ban on all teleporting to fix one issue. If someone legit lives at a village then they have the right to go home and defend, they don't have the right to port freely to any village on the server that becomes attacked just by joining in the heat of the moment. What you suggest will outright nerf an 80 med ability, a karma ability, twigs, stones, insanity random teleport... all these things completely dead when a simple 24h cd for village join and few minutes cd for crossing would more than suffice.
  •     Remove archery penalties or scale according to individual armour pieces. Remove comepletely
  •     Disable embarking on vehicles or mounts while in combat with an enemy players. Another over the top reaction that breaks more than it solves, just reduce embarking distance to within the boat image.
  •     Addition of Archery keybinds. I'm indifferent.
  •     Remove stun/throw from valrei mobs. Sure.
  •     Make nolocate on bodies work similar to jewellery with power determining % blocked. Cooldowns on searching for same person. Former yes, latter seems excessive.
  •     Remove disintegration requiring token drain and remove magranon bonus. No, raiding doesn't need to be easier. As for the Mag bonus, while I am all for things being fair Mag has already been nerfed into the ground and essentially made redundant so why not leave him with one perk that people still wouldn't chose him for.
  •     Creation of a “verbose” combat tab option, including extra information such as Area of Effect spells, Direct target spells,     karma and meditation buffs, etc Sure.
  •     Raise deed costs on PvP servers to limit expansion by simply placing multiple deeds to conquer towers No lol we don't need more areas for credit card warriors to excel.
  •     Scale scenario point rewards according to mission type (sacrifice, drain, traitor, tree) then modified by whether server is friendly, enemy, or elevation Scaling points would be a good start, if this is done then I don't see a need for any server modifier but it doesn't address the issue of a lottery system being dumb for something you don't just simply buy a ticket for but actually have to put a lot of time and effort into where the bottom end parasite wins more often than not.
  •     Make uniques focus points of missions, or giving kingdom based rewards for slaying They already are and already drop loot?
  •     Change battle rank to only be given through kills, not through missions or capping towers/camps Yes please but if you don't leave them as decay preventatives then decay needs to go too.
  •     Make destruction of longhouses easier, focus on less tedium when raiding and promote faster raids. No not at all lol raiding should never be faster or easier it is already a lot faster to destroy than the time spent creating, not only do we not need more of choresonline to recover but the people especially that seem to like removing an entire deed for lols and not just for raiding do not need the means to do this easier. Just fix the bugs. The only thing that stops a raid other than bugs are people so if they take the time to build a lot of defence that will delay the raid long enough for players to log on and defend then they should not be slapped in the face by making it easier to smash through.
  •     Make chaos and possibly home server merchants tauntable Eh while I would love for them all to be it doesn't leave much room for legit merchants. Chaos as Elevation is already sure, but home servers I'm not so sure about.
  •     Remove speed bonus from logged off alts on boats on  PvP servers This is a no brainer, remove it.
  •     Have tower guards target whoever is trying to capture the tower. Require killing of guards before tower is captured. This is ridiculous at best sorry, just give a period to kill all remaining guards at the end before the tower will convert.

Shield of the Gone

SotG has been a long term issue with PvPers, and it is quite clear that it is too powerful in its current state.We currently have two proposed changes, which are listed below:

Both of these are convoluted and silly, just reduce the % if you must but don't do it on what sounds good in theory because anything less than 35% makes it inferior to lesser levels on other paths. 40% would be a compromise to give it its skill level worth without trying to match level 7 and 9 abilities by making it less or timed. I still don't think it needs changing at all nor do I think that any new player should ever expect to be on an equal level right off the bat, wurm is a grind there is no two ways about that so what is the point if you remove being able to improve your toon. More importantly though what is the point in nerfing this at all when the meta is spamming light of Fo and full heals, what does it matter if you can take a few more hits or not when the healing spam essentially gives infinite life.

• Like 4

•     Remove Information minister. - Only for the kingdom influence thing, not the kingdom offices.
  •     Remove all teleportation forms on PvP servers (including home servers). - Please no. I don't want to be stuck somewhere and have to leave but have my teleportation disabled. Just make it impossible to do for new villagers (/vteleport is ok)
  •     Remove archery penalties or scale according to individual armour pieces. +1 Please just remove all archery penalties. Nobody wanted it when it was introduced and it's been nothing but trouble.
  •     Disable embarking on vehicles or mounts while in combat with an enemy players. - No... Why?
  •     Addition of Archery keybinds. Sure
  •     Remove stun/throw from valrei mobs. Yes please
  •     Make nolocate on bodies work similar to jewellery with power determining % blocked. Cooldowns on searching for same person. Yes please
  •     Remove disintegration requiring token drain and remove magranon bonus. No to the token drain thing. This'll make dirt walls useless since everyone will just make an off-deed mine with a high strength door, bring thousands of onions and disintegrate their way into a deed. The only way to prevent that as a defender is to wait for them to break into your mine or to try and break into theirs and kill them, but you're usually drastically outnumbered since raids happen at 6am.
  •     Creation of a “verbose” combat tab option, including extra information such as Area of Effect spells, Direct target spells,     karma and meditation buffs, etc Sure
  •     Raise deed costs on PvP servers to limit expansion by simply placing multiple deeds to conquer towers Er, this isn't the right fix. Deeds are already prohibitively expensive for a lot of people if you want more than 1 guard. The range at which deeds block tower cap should just be reduced drastically or removed outright. I don't really see the reason it exists.
  •     Scale scenario point rewards according to mission type (sacrifice, drain, traitor, tree) then modified by whether server is friendly, enemy, or elevation. +1 Very good
  •     Make uniques focus points of missions, or giving kingdom based rewards for slaying. Eh. I don't know what this means really.
  •     Change battle rank to only be given through kills, not through missions or capping towers/camps. Agreed. Just remove the decay over time though. There aren't even enough noobs anymore to justify the decay over time, let alone actual fighters.
  •     Make destruction of longhouses easier, focus on less tedium when raiding and promote faster raids.. Less tedium sure, but I'm not sure how you'd make destruction of longhouses easier? They're already easy. Some people haven't realized this years later, but you don't have to catapult every single floor if you pay attention.
  •     Make chaos and possibly home server merchants tauntable No to home servers. It's a good change on Elevation but there was never any trade on Elevation anyways outside of like 2 total merchants. People will just move their goodie storehouses to alts.
  •     Remove speed bonus from logged off alts on boats on  PvP servers. +1 but isn't this just a bug?
  •     Have tower guards target whoever is trying to capture the tower. Require killing of guards before tower is captured. Only if the player's cap can't be cancelled by being targeted by guards.

As a side note for SotG: just nerf healing and you'll see SotG players drop like sacks of bricks. I almost died in 4 hits the other night with SotG and I have one of the better accounts on Epic. The current meta is to have SotG and as many Fo priests as you can get so that it's not 100% extra health, but rather 400% or what have you. Just nerf the Fo priests so that you can't chain Light of Fo over and over again. Insanity as a path has one good thing - SotG, and nerfing it will just make Hate and Power the new meta and people will begin to cry because they're getting 1-shot by players with hate bonus and they have no SotG to protect themselves.

Also, preventing SotG players from healing at all as some are suggesting is not a good idea. WTS venom arrows
Edited by Aflacduck
  • Like 1