UK Albion

Our website is still being constructed but its: mirrornexus.com

LondonCity-768x402.jpg

Hi my 8k x 8k map is taken from Ordinance Survey heightmap data then modified in Photoshop etc. It's on our own server and has been running very well for the past month. We had to do some jiggery pokery with a number of things but we are not experiencing lag. Java was much to blame for the lag by the way. We had to give it more memory. We have to give great thanks to Wurm Map Launcher v2.8, Without which i'm not sure we could have done it. 

Some of the sights are amazing, the shore lines gently slope as they should do. Mount Snowden is impressive too. 

We have not opened it to the public just yet and intend to do so very soon;  If there proves to be interest. 

We are very new to all this so any help an advice from anything on how best to run a public server to how to set missions and quests would be gratefully received with thanks. 

bigalbionmap.jpg

Edited by MirrorNexus
  • Like 2

That map though :o

Just a shame it isn't full scale in-game :P

Edited by Outlaw

Not as big as the real UK no but ......   its huge :D

Its was put through " Wurm Map Launcher " which sizes the final wurm map  according to the the heightmap image size. 

Edited by MirrorNexus
  • Like 1

It came out pretty highly detailed for just using square tiles too, at least from that screen shot I can make out a lot of local landmarks really easily.

Well I did start out with an ordinance survey map. heights were a problem though as wurm water is a flat plain whilst the real world water is at different heights. So I had to alter the map lots.

Edited by MirrorNexus

Ah normal slopes - that makes it all worth it right there...

What is the planned action/skill multipliers going to be? Not low I hope. getting Strength to 23 from 20 so I can load crates on wagons is a PITA on my current server even at 2x/2x, (unless you are going to use the skill mod).

What mods are going to be added? Crop mod is probably the best one for starters. for example: I work 4 on 4 off 12 hour shifts and planted cotton at the beginning of my shift pattern, only to find weeds when I logged back on after my 4 days on.

Some of us work for a living and don't have time to have a game dictating our schedule.