Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Cave dwelling testing!

I could easily mine up the ceiling another 30 slopes standing on a floor - and do it again and again after building a new level on the house.

Highest level I tried is 4th, I suppose only the mountain itself will be the limit. Did not test it if there is a working check to not allow to poke out of the mountain though, it is too high at the test site...

Had an issue where I finally dug all 4 corners up high enough to build a ladder, but wont let me go up the ladder keep getting the message [11:12:57] The floor is in the way.

I wasn't able to build/continue the ladder to the third floor on one tile - message: The floor is in the way (not tested the tiles around it yet), otherwise everything worked fine - nothing to add to the things that others already said.

I wish I could have spent the day with more testing... This is going to be so amazing when it's live. Cave dwellers rejoice! :)

I made like 7 floors i think before i ran into a problem in mining out the ceiling.

Vanishing Fences fix on reboot.

Still looking at ladder bug. Think i know where it is, just cant yet narrow it down. May take several days to find it.

Max ceiling height is just over 240 (i think) so 8 stories should fit.

Ladder bug.. it seems you get the "floor is in way" from the wrong floor, it seems to be checking the floor under your feet. so if the ladder is above another ladder it works.

Note ground floor it works all time (and it works above ground)

thank you for the hard weekend work on ironing out  this amazing feature :)

Edit: Ahh nvm looks like Tich posted about my issue above

Edited by Kegan

2 hours ago, Odynn said:

so many dreams shattered :(

I understand the concerns of Tich - still still I say we should lobby about the feature with reasonable restrictions to avoid griefing and possible misuses.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Tich said:

Ladder bug.. it seems you get the "floor is in way" from the wrong floor, it seems to be checking the floor under your feet. so if the ladder is above another ladder it works.

Note ground floor it works all time (and it works above ground)

It is not just ladders i have regular planned floors in my house on the second story that has the same bug and will not let me do anything with them. I was able too build one floor on the second story though so not sure why the other two are bugged. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

Tested reinforcing ground with well on it and adding floor below it , no problem doing so.  :)

Now need roofs added.

bump! I see lots of new houses, looking great! I'm on the test server now if anyone needs anything!

10 hours ago, Kegan said:

It is not just ladders i have regular planned floors in my house on the second story that has the same bug and will not let me do anything with them. I was able too build one floor on the second story though so not sure why the other two are bugged. 

You may well have been standing on top of a ladder to make the other floor.

9 hours ago, Lostone said:

Tested reinforcing ground with well on it and adding floor below it , no problem doing so.  :)

Now need roofs added.

Roofs wont be added as they would poke through the ceiling

Ladder Bug Fix.  Fixes the issue with blocking due to floors.

43 minutes ago, Tich said:

You may well have been standing on top of a ladder to make the other floor.

Roofs wont be added as they would poke through the ceiling

Do you mean they will not be added even when live on other servers?

22 hours ago, Nicrolis said:

*The only excetions to this is the clipping into the ceiling when using cement to raise a lowered floor to the point where you get the message "the ceiling is too close". from there its possible to plan or expand and by walking along the walls of the floors below, you can go above into the ceiling. This just lets you look around and does not allow planing above that point. you can make a floor but can not make walls.

Added fix, so the ceiling heights are checked correctly. May still be possible to get clipping when ceiling only just allows building.

• Like 1

there is no weather in caves! only potential rock falling from the ceiling! you want reinforced concrete floors instead of roofs!

I am going to try to get back in later and add more to the house. I only managed a floor and a half. I didn't encounter any bugs but then I always put my ladders in a straight line up. It makes hauling a lot easier. :-P

Tested house built above outside being able to still build below it , works.  :).

Still problems with rotating floor on second with another one above it. says floor in way.

Tryed to deed in cave , wont let you.

Pifa did her magic mountain climbing for this test.  :P

Wonder if one could cast lava under ground to make a moat of it with a bridge crossing to castle area?

• Reinforcing floors - normal no issues, straight forward
  • planning on flat ground vs sloped ground - can reinforce sloped, but cannot plan on sloped reinforced tiles
  • planning one tile on reinforced and expanding to a non reinforced floor - expanding to a non-reinforced tile blocks you from doing it
  • mining inside a building - [23:08:16] You cannot remove the reinforcement inside cave dwellings.
  • mining the roof while in a building - can do this yes
  • building up past the roof - can mine upwards until you can't reach, then a floor is able to be built

To create a floor above, it needs to be next to a wall or another floor

Can not expand a structure unless all sides are clear/mined tiles.

Unrelated bug

"Stand on roof and ride on cart as driver = sitting in the air"

Mounting cart as driver from one level up, prevents you from moving it appears to other players that you mount the cart normally and on the level the cart is on, but you actually stay on the level you were on, and when you dismount, you fall from the floors height. This was tested with the cart inside and outside the structure, the upper floor does not have completed walls. Sometimes the cart will move up to where you were when you disembark, but only you can see it there.

Launcher Issues: New player, fresh install.

- Changing and saving the resolution in the launcher settings did not save > Works if done in the launched client.

- "save" and "cancel" do not close the settings window, the only way to close it is the X.

Signs:

On my screen I can't see all of the letters, yet on gf's can.

Spoiler

A4uz1XR.jpg

Edited by cccdfern

Was too jazzed by cave buildings to actually do any testing... :unsure:

12 minutes ago, Klaa said:

Was too jazzed by cave buildings to actually do any testing... :unsure:

Just take a torch, you'll be fine. :-)

Amazing really, all I need is assurance that when this goes live I do not have to worry about a pile of rock plowing through my building if I have taken the time to reinforce everything in site on my deed. (they said there was a small chance this could happen on a reinforced tile, yet the day it went in/fixed I had it happen)

Came back to test a few more things today, the highest floor of the building I made, max height whatever that works out too it would not allow me to build a ladder on the top floor yesterday. Today was still the same issue, but it does allow the create of 'floor above' which is what I wanted to check. Buildings must have some form of roof!

I like the prizes that are being awarded to the lucky few that get chosen, but seriously anyone who is taking time to come over to test for a major test such as this should be rewarded in sleep powders anyways. It costs absolutely nothing to give out, and is one of the most traded items in game for those addicted to this white powder. I am sure if anyone attending and spending time testing would get this reward would draw out more people from there dark dungeons where they grind endlessly to try something new before it goes live.

Well done on the cave setup and supply depot with horses and carts, this does make for a better testing environment.

Now to get back to smelting iron ribbons so I can create torches to light up my place, but just realized there is no point as I have no tar to fill them. My corner of the cave will remain in the dark.

• Like 1

you can find tar in the BSBs just right side outside the cave entrance. Unless someone hoarded all since yesterday :D

For some reason I've did quite the same you did mining up on a single tile with a tower - but mine is way smaller than your one.

I can see nice potential to have a low ceiling cave with a seemingly small building which expands upwards hidden insude the tightly raised ceiling.

Would be nice to do the same downwards but that would need bridges enabled in caves

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1