Sign in to follow this  
Proximo

Genetic Twins

So I was breeding some bison and hell horses while talking to my friend about her friend having twin boys yadda yadda yaddda

Then it hits me.  Why not have twins in Wurm?  The offspring twins would have the same exact traits, looks, colors, etc etc. 

We could play around with the percentages, base them on AH skill, whatever we want. 

Breeders let's hear it.  Have an animal that puts out good traits?  Wouldn't it be cool to have a chance at her doubling her output once in a while?

• Like 5

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Being able to have Twins or even Triplets would be amazing!
It's not unheard of that animals have multiples in the real world and even just a really small chance would be something. :)

I was wondering about that as well, but make the chances quite small, much like in real life.  I wouldnt go as far as triplets only twins and make the cool down for rebreeding the mother 72 hours instead of 24 hours.  I would say not to have it be an inherited trait, like the speed traits( if mom and dad have the trait then baby gets it too)  Just make it as random as a Moment of inspiration maybe like .010 to .099 % chance.  and then somehow in the bio of the twins make it known that "animal is a twin"   it would be quite amazing to log in and see identical babies from one mommy

+!

+1 MOI during breeding would fit nicely I think(maybe even rare check for twins, supreme for triplets, not gonna mention fantastic check :P ). Although not all twins have to be identical (only the ones made made from one divided egg cell, other possibility is to have 2 egg cell germanited) but for the sake of simplicity sure, make them be identical.

But yeah, would be cool addition :)

Edited by kochinac
  • Like 1