Sign in to follow this  
Wulfgarr

Remove Cobra and HoTS titles/emperor from Chaos

2 minutes ago, Gaul said:

I would suggest adding more feature to HOTS and Freedom rather then removing them.

Is that not what both OP and several others have now agreed upon that we are asking for? For titles and crown to be added to Freedom rather than taking it AWAY from HOTS?

3 minutes ago, Sin said:

Have to agree with this dude for once.

Regarding to OP- this is dumbest suggestion i ever heard.

While we're at balancing stuff anyway, why not make HotS PMK aswell.

PVP is free, just go to chaos, there is no requirement to be in a kingdom to pvp... thats why there are template kingdoms for people who just want to try it with no investment, PMK's are for the serious pvp which is why there is a 1g investment and 25player requirement to defend your investment... if the current hots group was even remotely serious about pvp they would create a pmk instead of continueing to be a joke :)  have a good day

3 minutes ago, whereami said:

For titles and crown to be added to Freedom rather than taking it AWAY from HOTS?

Either. What ever is easiest for the devs/GM's to do.

6 minutes ago, Gaul said:

Really if anyone wants to try pvp, should they have to spend 100 silver on a kingdom which MR would destroy and flatten just because they dont have anything to do ?

I never PvPed with a current Black Legion chief at any point in time, I think that you can PvP without a PvP chief. :)
Nobody had an issue with it before.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SkirmishesThreadOnly said:

I never PvPed with a current Black Legion chief at any point in time, I think that you can PvP without a PvP chief. :)
Nobody had an issue with it before.

this guy figured it out... freedom isles kingdom pvp's with no chief or titles or champs...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MetalDragon said:

lol this suggestion someone

-1, game has too many p2p / p2w features as it is, I'd be more inclined to give Freedom a chaos emperor (that's not transferable to freedom)

HoTS is a good 'trial' kingdom to show you what you can do before you decide to create your own kingdom that you have more control over.

its not p2p or p2w, hots is too buggy to waste time fixing it, i'd rather the crown just got removed so devs could work on improving pvp in other places where it actually matters 

Templates should be equal, no one template should have an advantage over the other in respect to titles or crowns.

I'm seeing an aweful lot of failure to follow the commandments here people!

10-commandments-of-rational-debate.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Worksock said:

Isn't hots needed for the low reputation kick mechanic?

pretty sure this was turned off a long time ago

3 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Templates should be equal, no one template should have an advantage over the other in respect to titles or crowns.

templates should just be templates and not kingdoms, they are just a mold for kingdoms to be based off of...

1 minute ago, Evilreaper said:

templates should just be templates and not kingdoms, they are just a mold for kingdoms to be based off of...

This. No one says you cannot play in templates but there should be even terms for templates.

-1 to this idea.

People say you can pvp on Chaos if you just hop across as freedom. Of course you can do that, I don't disagree with that and would encourage that as Chaos needs new people to try it out. Removing HoTS or it's titles is not an answer to getting new people, it's not even a way of balancing Chaos at all. All I see is a bigger kingdom trying to remove the power a smaller one which people do play in. You remove HoTS or it's titles you remove potential people who wish to try out blacklight (which as you know) does not exist on freedom. You may argue that you could join a HoTS pmk or even form one. I would argue right now that you can't easily do that. Macedon was the last big HoTS PMK I would say. Ebonaura is alive but is it active? From when I played before most jumped ship to MR so I would think no. And forming a PMK is a big commitment of people and money. What I can tell you from reading the forums (it may not be accurate but it is what I perceive)  is that HoTS is involved in more pvp than MR right now as they are fighting JK. If I wanted to try Blacklight I would pick HoTS myself even if that isn't true from people who play on Chaos, it is how from reading around I would see it and that is all that matters. You remove that option of HoTS being a viable kingdom and you remove any chance of people coming over who want to play as blacklight. That is why I feel that it should not be removed or tweaked. If a kingdom that is likely to pvp, as it is now, then why shouldn't it get the titles to balance it out? For WL you have the bigger kingdoms to fall back on as a choice. There is a reason no one actively pvps as Freedom and the fact that you don't have any titles would be one of them, it puts you at a disadvantage. The recommendation should be to buff freedom, not nerf HoTS.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, bloodmaster said:

-1 to this idea.

People say you can pvp on Chaos if you just hop across as freedom. Of course you can do that, I don't disagree with that and would encourage that as Chaos needs new people to try it out. Removing HoTS or it's titles is not an answer to getting new people, it's not even a way of balancing Chaos at all. All I see is a bigger kingdom trying to remove the power a smaller one which people do play in. You remove HoTS or it's titles you remove potential people who wish to try out blacklight (which as you know) does not exist on freedom. You may argue that you could join a HoTS pmk or even form one. I would argue right now that you can't easily do that. Macedon was the last big HoTS PMK I would say. Ebonaura is alive but is it active? From when I played before most jumped ship to MR so I would think no. And forming a PMK is a big commitment of people and money. What I can tell you from reading the forums (it may not be accurate but it is what I perceive)  is that HoTS is involved in more pvp than MR right now as they are fighting JK. If I wanted to try Blacklight I would pick HoTS myself even if that isn't true from people who play on Chaos, it is how from reading around I would see it and that is all that matters. You remove that option of HoTS being a viable kingdom and you remove any chance of people coming over who want to play as blacklight. That is why I feel that it should not be removed or tweaked. If a kingdom that is likely to pvp, as it is now, then why shouldn't it get the titles to balance it out? For WL you have the bigger kingdoms to fall back on as a choice. There is a reason no one actively pvps as Freedom and the fact that you don't have any titles would be one of them, it puts you at a disadvantage. The recommendation should be to buff freedom, not nerf HoTS.

So if you had followed the evolution of the thread you would realize that is where it has mostly headed.  Though there are still two problems with your assumptions.  The first is that the fact still remains that anyone really wanting KvK should have to buy in like everyone else has in the past if they want the boosts that were supposed to be part of PMKs.  The second error you make is thinking HotS is more involved in pvp than MR.  If we could get JK to meet us on the field of battle then we would engage but the only place they would really come out and play would be at the gates of Kyara and maybe someday we will oblige, JK is running out of bolt holes after all!

6 minutes ago, bloodmaster said:

-1 to this idea.

i would agree, but new players who join chaos as hots dont have access to the titles, its alot of broken mechanics involved with the crown and dueling ring, if the hots crown was only temp, meaning when the cobra awarded it to you, you got to use it for a few days and it went back i would agree, it gives people the opportunity to see what the kingdoms are all about so they can choose to join or form one.

but this is not the case, instead if you want to try it you have to suck up to whoever holds the crown, just like in a pmk... so its pointless... it offers nothing to new players and honestly if you havnt noticed more people join hots then give up on pvp and go back to freedom then other kingdoms by far....  so by keeping the crown in play we lose more potential pvpers instead of bringing new ones in...

17 minutes ago, bloodmaster said:

Removing HoTS...

The thread is not to remove HoTS.READ THE BLOODY TITLE OF THE THREAD. IT STATES REMOVE THE CROWN AND TITLES NOT THE KINGDOM ITSELF.

*FACEPALMS* Why do people make arguments about things that were never said by OP. 

Edited by polarbear

If you remove hots then Chaos will be WL only because hots is the only kingdom that can have lib priests. ;)

[21:32:24] <Enki> Are you HoTS?
[21:32:24] <Alexgopen> hey
[21:32:28] <Alexgopen> yes in ebonaura
[21:32:33] <Alexgopen> bl template pmk
[21:32:38] <Enki> no
[21:32:46] <Enki> I have asked Rolf about this severla times
[21:32:47] <Alexgopen> i had a lib priest try to convert me
[21:33:00] <Enki> that lib priest if in ebonarua is a bug
[21:33:05] <Enki> try the light
[21:33:10] <Alexgopen> bl template pmk cant have lib priests?
[21:33:13] <Enki> if that does not work I cnanot convert you to lib
[21:33:22] <Enki> THis is how Rolf explainedi t to me
[21:33:34] <Enki> Only HoTS can be Libila and Libila can only be HoTS
[21:33:42] <Alexgopen> im not trying to be a priest
[21:33:44] <Alexgopen> just a follower
[21:34:09] <Alexgopen> i crossed over from freedom
[21:34:16] <Alexgopen> and tried to get converted by a libila priest
[21:34:38] <Enki> if thel ight does nto allow you to convert then there is nothing I cna do
[21:35:01] <Alexgopen> am i able to become a follower at the black light?
[21:35:15] <Enki> I doubt it.  as I said only HoTS are supposed ot be able to be Libila

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alexgopen said:

If you remove hots then Chaos will be WL only because hots is the only kingdom that can have lib priests. ;)

Look at my PREVIOUS POST. AND THE BLOODY TITLE OF THE BLOODY THREAD.

If you have any eyeballs in your head please O please post where the op states that he wants the actual kingdom removed. Please. 

Edited by polarbear

2 minutes ago, polarbear said:

stop being so obnoxious nobody wants you to write with size 500 font 
it's like throwing a tantrum in a grocery store
you don't do it unless you're 12

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, bloodmaster said:

-1 to this idea.

Then make the freedom the same. Titles, champions, the crown. All 12 yards, not favor hots cause its bl and has some weirdos running around.

1 minute ago, SkirmishesThreadOnly said:

stop being so obnoxious nobody wants you to write with size 500 font 
it's like throwing a tantrum in a grocery store
you don't do it unless you're 12

Sir. Sir. use your head. the maximum font size is 72, not 500. And I'm making it big for the players that have a serious medical condition of not being able to read what the OP intended so I made it nice and big for them to read. 

11 minutes ago, Dalvin said:

So if you had followed the evolution of the thread you would realize that is where it has mostly headed.  Though there are still two problems with your assumptions.  The first is that the fact still remains that anyone really wanting KvK should have to buy in like everyone else has in the past if they want the boosts that were supposed to be part of PMKs.  The second error you make is thinking HotS is more involved in pvp than MR.  If we could get JK to meet us on the field of battle then we would engage but the only place they would really come out and play would be at the gates of Kyara and maybe someday we will oblige, JK is running out of bolt holes after all!

I did read the whole 6 pages and I noticed people just bypassing that argument and not giving a ###### about it. I disagree with the buy in, there is a reason trials exist for games. Sure you may consider the titles overpowered for a template kingdom, but people play in that kingdom and it would be very unfair to just remove that because you want to get rid of HoTS. Removing the titles would practically kill of HoTS. It's not like a pmk, you don't get to choose who you let in, you can't kick a spy. There are downsides and that makes up for it. This smells a lot like a big kvk argument due to the focus on the removal of titles and not equality of freedom.

And my assumption that HoTS gets more pvp than MR doesn't matter. It what I see as a non-chaos player and people who would want to join Chaos sees from the forums. You really see these things when you leave Chaos and don't chat to people on Chaos. Even if you don't believe me, you would if you saw it from my eyes.

11 minutes ago, polarbear said:

Misquoting my post in huge stupid letters

Read the full post and you'll see I put "or it's titles". To me they are synonymous (that means the same thing in adult speak for you), you remove the titles and HoTS becomes another freedom. Dead.

1 minute ago, Wulfgarr said:

Then make the freedom the same. Titles, champions, the crown. All 12 yards, not favor hots cause its bl and has some weirdos running around.

Then why isn't that clear in your suggestion? That's the better call than all this stuff about remove the titles from HoTS. It obviously works or why would HoTS have more people pvping than Freedom?

9 minutes ago, Alexgopen said:

[21:32:24] <Enki> Are you HoTS?
[21:32:24] <Alexgopen> hey
[21:32:28] <Alexgopen> yes in ebonaura
[21:32:33] <Alexgopen> bl template pmk
[21:32:38] <Enki> no
[21:32:46] <Enki> I have asked Rolf about this severla times
[21:32:47] <Alexgopen> i had a lib priest try to convert me
[21:33:00] <Enki> that lib priest if in ebonarua is a bug
[21:33:05] <Enki> try the light
[21:33:10] <Alexgopen> bl template pmk cant have lib priests?
[21:33:13] <Enki> if that does not work I cnanot convert you to lib
[21:33:22] <Enki> THis is how Rolf explainedi t to me
[21:33:34] <Enki> Only HoTS can be Libila and Libila can only be HoTS
[21:33:42] <Alexgopen> im not trying to be a priest
[21:33:44] <Alexgopen> just a follower
[21:34:09] <Alexgopen> i crossed over from freedom
[21:34:16] <Alexgopen> and tried to get converted by a libila priest
[21:34:38] <Enki> if thel ight does nto allow you to convert then there is nothing I cna do
[21:35:01] <Alexgopen> am i able to become a follower at the black light?
[21:35:15] <Enki> I doubt it.  as I said only HoTS are supposed ot be able to be Libila

Please read op or my post and you will understand what this thread is really about.

8 minutes ago, bloodmaster said:

you don't get to choose who you let in, you can't kick a spy

on epic the titles have already been removed from hots because an enemy alt got lucky and won emperor and keeps them all on himself, while also calling in enemies to kill any hots who go on elevation

how about a trade, chaos can have it like it is on epic where one of your alts holds the titles and the gms refuse to do anything about it, and epic can actually have their titles back like the other kingdoms?

Edited by Alexgopen

6 minutes ago, bloodmaster said:

I did read the whole 6 pages and I noticed people just bypassing that argument and not giving a ###### about it. I disagree with the buy in, there is a reason trials exist for games. Sure you may consider the titles overpowered for a template kingdom, but people play in that kingdom and it would be very unfair to just remove that because you want to get rid of HoTS. Removing the titles would practically kill of HoTS. It's not like a pmk, you don't get to choose who you let in, you can't kick a spy. There are downsides and that makes up for it. This smells a lot like a big kvk argument due to the focus on the removal of titles and not equality of freedom.

And my assumption that HoTS gets more pvp than MR doesn't matter. It what I see as a non-chaos player and people who would want to join Chaos sees from the forums. You really see these things when you leave Chaos and don't chat to people on Chaos. Even if you don't believe me, you would if you saw it from my eyes.

Read the full post and you'll see I put "or it's titles". To me they are synonymous (that means the same thing in adult speak for you), you remove the titles and HoTS becomes another freedom. Dead.

Then why isn't that clear in your suggestion? That's the better call than all this stuff about remove the titles from HoTS. It obviously works or why would HoTS have more people pvping than Freedom?

Because for the begging i thought it would be easier to disable it has 3 othet templates are. But as the thread continued i saw a way for balance in there also. And i can say there is a settlment of more freedomers then the whole hashi crew, but they dont have the same advantages as hots.