Sign in to follow this  
Pottis

Change SOTG + poll

I agree SOTG needs some serious changes  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Sotg needs some serious changes

3 hours ago, TradingAlt said:

15% dmg is a pretty big difference when you multiply it by things like mag bonus, moonmetal weapons, and crits, on top of some of the already high base dmg weapons like large axes/med mauls/huge axes

It's really not. Even with mag damage, it's like 4 damage for a 10 damage wound at best. And most of that extra damage is coming from the mag bonus, without it's 1.5 damage.

3 hours ago, TradingAlt said:

15% dmg is a pretty big difference when you multiply it by things like mag bonus, moonmetal weapons, and crits, on top of some of the already high base dmg weapons like large axes/med mauls/huge axes

i've written both dps/damage calculators and damage reduction calculators from wurm's code and im here to tell you that you are incredibly misinformed about how damage works

hint: nearly half of the damage calculation is insignificant with respect to the final damage, because of use of an incorrect variable in the damage calculation. go throw some print statements in there and you'll figure it out

Edited by Alexgopen
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Propheteer said:

no its not.

gary tested this pretty thoroughly if i remember correctly.

Well, not thoroughly, but when my epic and chaos account had almost the same exact body stats weaponskill etc, using the same sword/similar armor I was taking basically the same damage, and dealing the same damage.  Was enough proof for me.  There's supposed to be a difference, but who knows what

• Like 1