Sign in to follow this  
Pottis

Change SOTG + poll

I agree SOTG needs some serious changes  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Sotg needs some serious changes

Numerous topics been posted about SOTG, but no solutions to it.

As we all probably know already, SOTG is the most OP thing in this game. Unbalanced and game breaking and overpowered. This ability only makes the gap bigger between new players and old players. We don’t need that.

I remember a long time ago, 5-6 years ago when one of the power path abilities was to spawn lava. Could spawn it everywhere without time limit. People went bonkers about that and complained. It got changed to only work in magranon and inside kingdom domain and could only be casted once every 24th hour. Hmm where are those people now, or has been for the all the years SOTG been in game? I can’t see them, can you? 

SOTG needs to be either removed or at least make these changes to balance the game.

* SOTG can only be used if you have a shield equipped "sounds logical, as SOTG is a damage reduction ability".

* SOTG can only be used every 24th hour

* SOTG only lasts 10 minutes when used.

* SOTG makes you move slower "logical as well, you put on some extra armor, you should be slower".

When I first started to play this game in beta everything was somewhat balanced and fine, and FUN. Now it became something else and sadly it continues on that road.

• Like 1

* SOTG can only be used if you have a shield equipped "sounds logical, as SOTG is a damage reduction ability".

i find this one really good

19 minutes ago, Sin said:

i find this one really good

its an utterly pointless change. a complete waste of developer time. no doubt if implemented it would sit ingame for the next three years until an actual meaningful change was put in place, such as removing it entirely.

"haha i got a perfect idea, lets nerf SOTG by making it so its only not overpowered when you're ondeed not pvping as thats the only time you might not have a shield with you and thats a big maybe."

like wtf? do people really think people don't put on a shield? In eight years i've NEVER, not ever, not ever ever never, not a single time have not had a shield on in melee or if i was being shot at.

just remove it entirely, along with hate.

Edited by Propheteer

remove it

ive pvp'd with sotg for the last year and all i can say is... remove it please.. its very overpowered

Edited by DannyNG

Everyone has an option to meditate. Everyone has a possibility to choose POI. If you have decided to be POL follower, o thaught +25% exp gain is OP why should SOTG players suffer? -  because you chose the different path? SOTG does dot affect PvE players, and most PVPers has it, so if you are not one of them, get your arse on the rug, and make the right decision this time. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bangzuvelis said:

Everyone has an option to meditate. Everyone has a possibility to choose POI. If you have decided to be POL follower, o thaught +25% exp gain is OP why should SOTG players suffer? -  because you chose the different path? SOTG does dot affect PvE players, and most PVPers has it, so if you are not one of them, get your arse on the rug, and make the right decision this time. 

25% xp gain, that's nice.

How about i just get SOTG, some 80ql unenchanted gear and 70/70/70 fighting skills with around 50 strength, and you can get 99 body strength, 100ql supreme armor, 100.00 fs, 100.00 subskill fighting, 100.00 weaponskill and shieldskill with your xp boost and watch as i still take about three times as many hits as you.

You know what else is nice?

Path of power, that one's a real doozy. You'll still run out of stamina before you can kill someone with SOTG unless they aren't aware of how to protect against special moves. (and even if they don't, if you don't know how to get out of a fight or have the capability to do so, you're still going to lose.)

Path of love, welp, better put on an fb small maul so your bonus is entirely nullified. Not to mention if i were to use an LT small maul, all my wounds would just fullheal every time i hit you seeing as how i have 100% healing ability with LT and my wounds are incredibly small because of my damage reduction.

Path of hate. Not sure how this isn't obvious, but i have more damage reduction than you have damage.

With that being said, some people will probably be like "oh you're only thinking of 1v1s". Well, speaking from experience, i'd rather be PvPing with 4 others who have SOTG than 10 that don't have it, every time without a doubt.

There is nothing that compares, that is the problem. The time does not nullify that, the other paths certainly don't nullify that, and because you have it certainly doesn't make it less important to balance it. The other problem is that it forces a six month minimum barrier to proper PvP entry and that is if you use exploits, because if you don't, at least on epic, it's just about impossible to get 70 meditation within six months.

Edited by Propheteer

38 minutes ago, bangzuvelis said:

pottis has sotg and both me and proph have it aswell and we are saying nerf it

Edited by DannyNG

50% dmg reduction is like having 200hp, you take twice the hits. Probably more with a healing stick in your hand. Lower it to 20-25% and it will still be good but not that OP. It's almost the same as a champ for god's sake, and they're limited to 3 per kingdom. Now it's like everyone is running around with 20 players similar champ reduction in their kingdoms. I've had it as well on one of my accounts and when I could run into 4 enemies (fairly weaker, but still) without getting a scratch until my backup arrived, something needs a change. Not sure why this has not been adressed yet after all the complaints and suggestions to balance it.

Edited by Sharkin
  • Like 2

the thing is, if you drink water all your life instead of soda, you end up healthier, and now you are saying add sugar to the water, so all will be fat. SOTG is for pvp, That what devides pvp and PVE. Why to nerf something that everyone has? If you have a pen and I have a pen, both of us can write. Make pen to a pencil, still both of us can write. Or are your intentions to nerf SOTG, buff other path and make all PVP players to go and wait for questions another  7 months so they will be all equal again?.

all these people posting to remove shield of the gone, are gonna die in 2 hits from mah rare glimmer huge axe

like literally if you remove sotg the meta in this game will be who 1 shots who first... lmao

99 fs + executioner title...

I BUST DOMES SON

the people in this thread just really wanna see what its like to walk out of a gatehouse for 4 seconds and then respawn

Edited by TradingAlt
had to add in stats + dome busting

You make a good point for why SoTG is needed, bud.

Who wants to PvP and die in 4-5 hits to the head?  Nobody.

There's a need for SoTG, there is.. but 50%? Eh.

Reduce it, or take it out and reduce damage done over all.

d;

dont burn me at the stake, obviously this isn't well thought out.. pls

1 hour ago, Sharkin said:

50% dmg reduction is like having 200hp, you take twice the hits. Probably more with a healing stick in your hand. Lower it to 20-25% and it will still be good but not that OP. It's almost the same as a champ for god's sake, and they're limited to 3 per kingdom. Now it's like everyone is running around with 20 players similar champ reduction in their kingdoms. I've had it as well on one of my accounts and when I could run into 4 enemies (fairly weaker, but still) without getting a scratch until my backup arrived, something needs a change. Not sure why this has not been adressed yet after all the complaints and suggestions to balance it.

it's a lot more than 200hp.

54 minutes ago, bangzuvelis said:

the thing is, if you drink water all your life instead of soda, you end up healthier, and now you are saying add sugar to the water, so all will be fat. SOTG is for pvp, That what devides pvp and PVE. Why to nerf something that everyone has? If you have a pen and I have a pen, both of us can write. Make pen to a pencil, still both of us can write. Or are your intentions to nerf SOTG, buff other path and make all PVP players to go and wait for questions another  7 months so they will be all equal again?.

You and jukimo are operating under the assumption it will be much worse than it is now, and thats not the case, as once again speaking from experience before SOTG was a thing... More people died, but more people were smarter about their choice of play. People didn't die in two hits because people were very cautious about their weapon usage and for good reason. The actual underlying combat mechanics haven't changed that much so I don't think it'd be much different than it was back then, nobody has invented anything that hasn't been used before.

My hope is that meditation gets flat out removed, but thats not likely, so I hope insanity gets nerfed into the ground, and I hope hate also gets nerfed substantially to compensate that. Also, since Rolf isn't a dumbass, hes likely to reimburse players for 6+ months of their time by giving a free meditation path change or something of the sort.

(plus it also makes the good accounts more intimidating)

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

Voted no because i didn't like the question, if you broke it up better it wouldn't be a flat out no.

Once again democracy is defeated by the carebear gone squad. 

Just remove gone, jack up hp across the board and add a free transfer to another path. Then remove each path until all are pruned away like a diseased plant that should never have existed  and in the longterm rewrite as set of 2% to 10% buffs where buffs beyond 5% would have actual meaningful debuffs (like in any other fully realised system, not "hurr muh cotton is mildly less effective, least I gots muh magic sword, fo priest etc ") and a considered and serious reduction in the artificial time barrier to gaining the abilities. There are enough solid time barriers in terms of stat and skillgain without having even more.

• Like 3

Yes offcourse, I have never seen an online game with such an enormous overpowered passive buff. It's ridiculous and should be nerfed immediately.

But hey it's topic number 24 or something on this subject. Something with a dead horse ya know

• Like 1

My concern for removing SotG completely now as people have said and suggested changes for this, if you don't have SotG in PVP I sadly agree somewhat with this statement and PVP on Chaos IMO would not be beneficial as it would result in huge axe rushes.

4 hours ago, TradingAlt said:

all these people posting to remove shield of the gone, are gonna die in 2 hits from mah rare glimmer huge axe

like literally if you remove sotg the meta in this game will be who 1 shots who first... lmao

99 fs + executioner title...

"This ability only makes the gap bigger between new players and old players."

I'm sure new players would rather spend 7 months getting 70 meditation than years just grinding body stats to not get one hit.

• Like 3

So many people saying insanity is the only or the most pvp path and hence it makes sense, while hate actually requires you to be in pvp server to progress and has only pvp buffs (no %50 passive which can also be very useful in pve), power is also pvp only path with the buffs being all about pvp.  Insanity is the least pvp path out of the three. So insanity being only pvp path and should be the only choice for pvp makes no sense whatsoever

Power and Hate needs more love. Instead of nerfing SoTG, why not just buff those. Why is there no vote choice for buffing other meditation paths for pvp in this poll?

There  was some nice suggestions on the other topic and yet here is only black and white, and also the shield only requirement will make it less OP arguement

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Fooligun said:

My concern for removing SotG completely now as people have said and suggested changes for this, if you don't have SotG in PVP I sadly agree somewhat with this statement and PVP on Chaos IMO would not be beneficial as it would result in huge axe rushes.

That's why I agree with PJ/Aramisii/Postinglel's suggestion of removing SoTG but increase everyone's base health/damage reduction at the same time. This will make it far easier to balance around.

It seems this time of the year again to talk about SoTG.

I think just changing SoTG does nothing. If you nerf SoTG then Champs come OP, the extra CR from titles and stuff come OP, Huge axe will one hit people. Everything will be thrown out of the proportion and there will be still accounts with 70 body vs 40 body who will get just shrekked. If you change one thing you should do a overall Fighting change not just nerf SoTG.

• Like 1

just do what the one guy in the other thread say from like a certain level you get like 10%,20%30%,40%, and 50% at gone. anything higher is too much.

If anything Rolf should removed the Damage reduction off champs.

Scrap the stupid champion points.

bring back the infinate caster champs. but increase the lives to say 5 lives, and -7 in all skills once dechamped (no timer).

365 day timer on rechamping.

and also every kingdom should be able to be champ of any god of their light and playergods.

remove any buffs/debuffs from different templates regarding gods or anything in general.

aka keep it all somewhat plain and vanilla

Edited by Carmichael

2 hours ago, Postinglels said:

Once again democracy is defeated by the carebear gone squad. 

gets killed by someone> calls them a carebear

p v p

2 hours ago, Simyaci said:

Power and Hate needs more love. Instead of nerfing SoTG, why not just buff those.

What do you think happens if you buff Hate, when you can already 2-3 hit players without Sotg as it is now? ^^ It's not friendly to new players or people without Sotg, just as Sotg isn't by any means friendly now for those without. I wish there would be a code split so freedom can have their 50% buff, but less % on pvp servers.

Edited by Sharkin

Why not just buff PoH to take out SotG players?  So the further along the path of hate you are the more damage you do to players with SotG (eventually capping out at doing 10% extra damage against them and ignoring SoTG).  This would create a simple triangle with PoL > PoH > PoI > PoL.

26 minutes ago, TradingAlt said:

gets killed by someone> calls them a carebear

p v p

Haven't played in ages buddy, but hey think what you like especially when I was referring to mre