BeardPrincess

[Request, Urgent] Replace ALL spider models in game

Recommended Posts

Hello again mod forums!
Back again with a problem facing the offline server I run for my fiancee and I. She is horribly arachnafobic, and while I've already implemented the "arachnaphobia" mod that came with one of the packs I downloaded, it only replaces regular spiders and lava spiders. Since playing and leaving our base area, we've seen a huge influx of fog spiders just about everywhere, and they're even freakier than the regular spiders. I was wondering if anyone could forge a mod for me that would also replace fog spiders.

Thanks!

Edited by BeardPrincess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because I don't play Wurm Unlimited I don't know the validity of this statement but in the options there is a "Phobia Mode" that turns them into blobs. 

 

If this statement is not factual please correct me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI!

 

In Wurm Online we have a phobia mode, which turns all spider models into cute little blobs (and flaming blobs!)

 

I've checked out Wurm Unlimited's settings, and it appears the launcher config options do not have this optionand the checkbox is disabled ingame.

 

I'll raise this bug with the dev team, but in the meantime, if you nagivate to your steam folder then go to Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\configs\default in game_settings.txt there is a use_phobia_models setting.

 

Change that to =true and the blobs will be ingame!

 

Hope that helps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

HI!

 

In Wurm Online we have a phobia mode, which turns all spider models into cute little blobs (and flaming blobs!)

 

I've checked out Wurm Unlimited's settings, and it appears the launcher config options do not have this optionand the checkbox is disabled ingame.

 

I'll raise this bug with the dev team, but in the meantime, if you nagivate to your steam folder then go to Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\configs\default in game_settings.txt there is a use_phobia_models setting.

 

Change that to =true and the blobs will be ingame!

 

Hope that helps

i think he meant that only fog spiders are not turned into blobs currently :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Miretta said:

i think he meant that only fog spiders are not turned into blobs currently :)

the Arachnophobia mod is something entirely different and I'm not quite familiar with it. I don't know what their models are changed to and I dont know how it works.

 

Fog spiders ARE turned into blobs in the official phobia mode

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2016 at 1:42 AM, Retrograde said:

HI!

 

In Wurm Online we have a phobia mode, which turns all spider models into cute little blobs (and flaming blobs!)

 

I've checked out Wurm Unlimited's settings, and it appears the launcher config options do not have this optionand the checkbox is disabled ingame.

 

I'll raise this bug with the dev team, but in the meantime, if you nagivate to your steam folder then go to Steam\SteamApps\common\Wurm Unlimited\WurmLauncher\PlayerFiles\configs\default in game_settings.txt there is a use_phobia_models setting.

 

Change that to =true and the blobs will be ingame!

 

Hope that helps

Thank you SO much! We can finally play again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I never quite understood the phobia with spiders. I'd be more scared of the dragons and trolls myself. :)

 

(Not trying to be mean or anything, so please don't take this the wrong way.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah there speaks a person without a Phobia, Oh if only we could all have that little blessing :P 

 

On 23/03/2016 at 3:12 PM, Romen said:

Personally I never quite understood the phobia with spiders. I'd be more scared of the dragons and trolls myself. :)

 

(Not trying to be mean or anything, so please don't take this the wrong way.)

 

Dictionary Definition:

 

an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something.

 

Irrational... yeah probably, but I loose 3 to 7 nights sleep every time I see a spider in the house; and yah, it makes me very CRANKY...

:wacko:

 

Edited by MirrorNexus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Fog spiders freak me out so much, with their teleporting and phasing right into your otherwise-safe fenced areas, that I just have to turn the game off for a couple of hours once it gets foggy.  Having a teleporting blob doesn't really help much with that phobia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now