Sign in to follow this  
Booskii

Its going to court....

I'm writing this because I can it will make me feel better in the end to just get it out if you like inorge it but I'm venting for my benefit - Booskii

3/10 9pm est

Sitting at an intersection with a red light one car in front of me talking to my kids. We were only blocks from home. Returning from my brothers 22 birthday dinner at the $4.99 Chinese buffet.

When I was hit so hard that I was forced into the car in front of Me. After several mins to get my self gathered then my kids ! Omg my kids my daughter who is just like her mamma turned around and started yelling and the offending car. My son was crying due to bumping his head. Once I made sure we we're call intact I rolled down the window and asked the lady on the porch across my passenger side to get my kids for me. She obliged by taking them onto the porch .  I was approached on my drivers side be a female from the offending car who asked if I was ok and with out reviving a response left my window. It took me a bit more to locate my cell phone an climb out my passenger side and we now have oncoming and the build up trying to both pass on my drivers side. Once out I am able to see the damage as a whole the car I hit though it was me originally instill she also sall the damage. I appoliged to her for hitting her and she offered me a hug. That when it turned. The lady in the porch stated she's walking off!! Her husband took supervision if my kids as she followed her !!! Still in all I am looking at the 4 car accident hers mine one in front of me and a parked car....

My kids were in that car.!!!

With such an edrelin dump I felt nothing out side of being irate. You could have killed my kids!!! And you flee on foot???

Cops arrive...lots of cop cars ... 

An unknown about of time had passes during time I was able to get family to pick up my kids give the officers all the needed info from myself the lady I hit and the witness on the porch when yet another officer pulled up and approached me. "Are you confident enough to identify the person."  oh he'll ya!!

I was given a lift to a new location in the back of a police car first and only time its really really small in there if you all wanted to know. About 6 blocks away (2miles) she was with the officers sitting on the curb were I positively identified her.

3/15

Met my lawyer and got the police report

#No insurance

#.288 breath test .08 is over the legal limit

@@:!;#&_483$  all my bad words

3/16-3/20

I it has been life as normal with the addition of physical therapy 3x a week for my self and my wrenched back.

3/21

Court

We arrived today ( mind you I have an attorney to be in my place but I am and will be to every court date) today was the initional DUI charge but it was pushed back to do adding charges 

What I'm seeking:

Agravaited DUI

Injury 

Damages over 1k (felony)

Wanted endangerment 

Felling the scene  of an accident

Restuataton 

Next court date is April 23 new charges will be decided and added 

3/21

Checked my mail this evening and She had insurance!!!!

Spoiler

aOiUMNB.jpg

H8a9XZT.jpg

BKP7kli.jpg

3/29

19 days in...

So since last time I posted not a lot has happened. I am stil going to PT a fee times a week as well as meet with the ajuaterto value my car.  My lawyer let me know what I am getting for it. I'm ok with the total. 

Learned how much I completely cloth car shopping but have found one I like and am In the processes of getting it. If I can manage to stop playing phone tag between my bank and my insurance company I should be driving it as early as today. Other the that life is fairly normal. I expect to have a large weight lifted once I get car shopping out of the way.

4/11

A bit delayed but I got a car!!! Also got a new primary job to help pay for said car only got reimbursed 2800 for my old one sadly new one ran 5k still doing my or weekly though rolling a ball up a wall chin nods don't seem to productive imo still in discomfort but trucking like always 

4/21 not  a huge update but i have changed pt to a chiropractor which is helping some but the upper back pain is still there and he has yet to be able to crack my back he is able to adjust my neck just fine though he is sending my to get an MRI on Monday which also happens to be court we will be presenting out new charges only so another date will be given for the plea 

4/25 

On 3/21/2016 at 9:06 AM, Booskii said:

Agravaited DUI

Injury 

Damages over 1k (felony)

Wanted endangerment 

Had court today and will be seeing all the charges we asked for next court date will come later today also finally after almost 2 months located my issue which in its self is a good and a bad thing i have a herniated disc attaching an image which imo is pretty darn cool!

if you look at the above and below you see a normal disk but the one circled you see how it is "poped out" this is what is causing my pain flays

Reveal hidden contents
Edited by Booskii

omg -.- sounds hell ****

.288 is really to high ... vehicles are weapons

did i got it right ..you and your kids are ok ?

for sure we dont need to talk about the stuff we talked about ...

take care boo :(

12 minutes ago, Tron said:

omg -.- sounds hell ****

.288 is really to high ... vehicles are weapons

did i got it right ..you and your kids are ok ?

for sure we dont need to talk about the stuff we talked about ...

take care boo :(

My kids are physically fine. Though mentally there still effected will be for along time they are 11 and 7. Me I am not one to respond to are you hurt? Unless its something like a broken leg. In this cast though I am my back is in exetion- my shoulders are stuck bac as if you were pushing out your shoulder blades. My anxiety is through the roof poor setting sleeping and my blood pressure is sky high.  I work 3 jobs I'm a single capable mother but if my car completely dies I can't get to work my kids to there functions etc.

Wurm is very uniqu community which I am completely comfortable sharing and venting to the hostile but tight knit loving community we are. :)

Don't worrie what we takes about takes my mind off things. :)

Whip lash can become apparent later on also.

I was in a simular event once, where the driver in my car had his foot on the break and the car hitting us was one of those SUVs.

Broke the hitch on our King Cab,so she must have hit us rather hard.

Good luck with court!

Edited by Cecci
edit for spelling

I'm so sorry Booskii. I'm glad you and the kids are all right. .288 is so insanely over the limit. Scary. 

Physical therapy can take a while, but I regained most of my motion after I was in an accident, so don't stop going if you don't need to. Low impact stretching and exercise still helps (the lighter sorts of yoga, tai chi, etc). Hang in there and take care of yourself and fam. 

I am so sorry to hear this. I was in a same type of car accident with my mom. It was just a little fender bender, however, she was diagnosed with a TBI (traumatic brain injury) as well as a dislocated collar bone (which they refuse to put back) she last all dexterity in her left side (she used to type 100 words a minute with 100% accuracy and now can't type for squat). 

I am a 2nd year law student and I have my masters in Psychology with a specification on Human Behavior analysis and as a law student I see this to many times. And with the female in the offending car, that's were my master in Psychology comes in because I can see how the alcohol has affected her and is inhibiting her pre-frontal cortex (which is the decision making center of your brain). 

However, I do hope that you get every thing you have asked for and remember don't settle your case just because you are done with the whole process. My aunt was in a serious car accident with a drunk driver to the point she could have died and she settled for a little over 700 dollars. I was dumb founded. 

However, good luck in court and remember lay on the guilt. We love you here in the Wurm community and wish you the best. 

Zachariah

• Like 1

=( i was a kid in a car once when we got hit from behind, my dad was in front of the car checking the engine on the side of the road and he got both his knees hyper extended and flung about 50 ft into the snow

i remember it was scary, but i did remember it and was always careful driving myself once i could :)

hope you heal up quickly!

• Like 1

I am sorry you had to go through this truly, and I hope you get justice in court for it, which I am sure you will. I'm really glad your safe and your kids are okay though! Hope you feel better soon, take it easy in the time being. 

• Like 1

if your kids are having nightmares then you can claim mental trauma for them.

10 years ago i successfully claimed over £3,000 (~$5,000) for my ex's kids, and the accident wasn't even as bad as yours.

2 weeks all inclusive in a top 5 star hotel in mexico helps to calm nerves!

• Like 2

With waiting 12 days thinking there was no insurance and getting everything paid out was like the idea of bleeding a turnip that was making me physical ill over everything else but the news of it eased a lot of worries for me but it is still going to be a long road that i am more then happy to take though it is something that should never happened it is and i am in no means going to let up on her now because of the insurance. My car was a CR-V flipped the letters to VCR :) If it was not for me having my spare on the back she would have ended up inside my trunk space or even my back seat both  effecting my kids much much more then it did.

Thank you all for your suggestions and though :) Such a Vial community can be the most comforting at time lol :ph34r:

Several years ago someone t-boned my car coming out of a Starbucks after working 20 hours straight with a new baby on his birthday. I've had chronic back and neck pain ever since. My car was totalled. I settled for too little being that I'm still dealing with it 5+ years down the road. I'm really glad no one lost their lives while this woman was being reckless. Hopefully, while she's in prison, she'll get to detox and get into a rehab program. Did you get your new car?

On Thursday, April 07, 2016 at 4:42 AM, lyhrinae said:

Several years ago someone t-boned my car coming out of a Starbucks after working 20 hours straight with a new baby on his birthday. I've had chronic back and neck pain ever since. My car was totalled. I settled for too little being that I'm still dealing with it 5+ years down the road. I'm really glad no one lost their lives while this woman was being reckless. Hopefully, while she's in prison, she'll get to detox and get into a rehab program. Did you get your new car?

On Tuesday, March 29, 2016 at 9:19 AM, Booskii said:

Bit if an update for those Interested 

Well  botched your quote a bit phone went wacky!! I did!!! So thrilled with it and that I am done test driving them and the hassle of lying used car dealers !!! We have to got to the settlement part yet we have not even had the first official arrinment yet the 25 th of April I will learn the New charges we are presenting to the judge then the next date wil be given for the arrinment and to see how she pleads. Last I went she is claiming she was not driving but me included we have 2 witnesses....

Going to be a long one but I'm up for it!!! I also updated the main post

4/21 not  a huge update but i have changed pt to a chiropractor which is helping some but the upper back pain is still there and he has yet to be able to crack my back he is able to adjust my neck just fine though he is sending my to get an MRI on Monday which also happens to be court we will be presenting out new charges only so another date will be given for the plea 

Updated the main post as well 

Good luck with the MRI and new court date, Booskii! I'm glad you're getting a bit better. 

On 3/21/2016 at 9:06 AM, Booskii said:

Agravaited DUI

Injury 

Damages over 1k (felony)

Wanted endangerment 

Had court today and will be seeing all the charges we asked for next court date will come later today also finally after almost 2 months located my issue which in its self is a good and a bad thing i have a herniated disc attaching an image which imo is pretty darn cool!

if you look at the above and below you see a normal disk but the one circled you see how it is "poped out" this is what is causing my pain flays

lH39pbL.png?1

off to arraignment more new soon!  

i lied they managed to push it back again :/

Edited by Booskii

GL getting this sorted out, doesn't sound fun :(

So as it turns out she DOES have insurance, does that make you more confident you'll get full compensation? Fingers crossed.

She stalled the arrinment by requesting the body cameras so I have two more court dates before a possible arrinment ...though there is not helping her out of this.

So far I received

127$- loss of use for my car...

2400$- my cars value ...according to her insurance

As far as a settlement I won't receive that till I'm done with court and treatment which will be late July and my lawyer who gets 33% I am sure will aim for the moat possible from her insurance