Sign in to follow this  
Xallo

Friends Tab Suggestion

Should these changes to Friends be implemented?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should these changes to Friends be implemented?

As far as I know, the current Friend ranking system doesn't do anything, so I think a simple tweak to the Friends list that would make everyone happier would be setting varying levels of detail in relation to your online and server status according to what Rank of Friend they are.

I think this would help people who do not want to have other people constantly knowing what server they're on, or what server you were last on. Plus, it would make the current ranking system more useful.

Trusted

Server: Can see what server you're on, and what server you were last on if offline

Last Connected: Can see when you were last online

Friends

Server: Cannot see server you're on, or the last server you were on

Contacts

Last Connected: Cannot see when you were last online

Other

Thoughts?

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 4

If you don't want someone to be able to see that you're online, or what server you're on, or the last time you connected..... don't have them on your friends list.

+1

I like people, I add them as friends

Doesn't mean they should see exactly what I'm doing, where I'm going, and when I was last around.... I don't tell that to my RL friends either.

• Like 1

not a bad idea, tbh

not sure there even should be an 'other' imo

+1 to the first 3

Trusted

Server: Can see what server you're on, and what server you were last on if offline

Friends

Contacts / Other

I see your point. But i would think trusted and friends can see the server your on. The contacts and others no(i dont see what the point of others is tbh)

Edited by MikeHunt

+1 It would be nice to have peeps in the friends list to keep contact with whitout them tracking u down all the time.

+1, though I am just as much in favor of simply having a choice before logging in to log in 'invisible' (as for the friendslist-functions, not for those immediately around). For those days when you just want to play quietly by yourself, we almost all have those now and then.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Xallo said:

As far as I know, the current Friend ranking system doesn't do anything

The 'trusted' and 'friend' categories are used in permission management windows. Without changing the topic, I feel that there should be a system of name-lists (for permissions management) which does not depend on the friends list.

As for the system presented in the OP, would the privacy settings between the "friends" or "contacts" be mutually enabled? (considering how friend removal removes the names from both friends' lists)

9 hours ago, Wargasm said:

If you don't want someone to be able to see that you're online, or what server you're on, or the last time you connected..... don't have them on your friends list.

I need some help with this. How do you politely and without discomfort handle when someone throws up a friend request, you politely bypass it, and they throw it right back up again? Some of us are not good at handling people who don't take hints.

Who sees what..

Player A has trusted friend Player B

Player B has Contact Player A

So which player sees what?

7 hours ago, Tich said:

Who sees what..

Player A has trusted friend Player B

Player B has Contact Player A

So which player sees what?

That doesn't seem hard to answer, unless I am missing something... player B will see more about player A, then player A will get to see about player B.

Another choice could be, that each player just sets the choices about who sees what (and can change that at any time in a dropdown/pop-up screen again).

Bump.

Edited by Xallo

I would like to have the option to add Tags to friends.  Maybe nothing more than a local list of tags on my computer so that I can more readily identify contacts and context for people.

Tag types would be like what the forums allow.

Wood, Stone, Dirt, Food, Enchants... so on.   Let us define what is relevant for these things as opposed to a static system.

+1, theres a huge difference between having a friend, and knowing a sales(wo)man that you would like to keep in touch with. 

• Like 1

+1, just like Yiraia said I have some customers added just so they can see when I am online.

Add "contact" so they can see if you're online. To be separate from friends. +1 xallo for the reasons to add this suggestion.