Sign in to follow this  
MirrorNexus

Reducing creature count after mistake!

Hi people

1. I made the mistake of setting creatures numbers according to an article in the forums. it turns out the there are now creatures every 4 or 5 squares in my world. 
  2. I don't want to wait till they all die because I read that some creatures will still be there 6 months later.
  3. Most important *****  is there a way to reset the creatures in the world  and if so how ******

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this problem.

you could try deleting the creatures files;

wurmcreatures.db

wurmcreatures.sql

for creative;

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\Creative\sqlite

for adventure

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Wurm Unlimited Dedicated Server\Adventure\sqlite

or pro rata for whatever server name you may have.

You can download sql lite and open your creature database, Then nav to creature section then select all and delete all the creatures in that record, save changes and write the changes to the DB then click on your server launcher and change the creature count and start the server up. This will fix your issue.

Another question

is SQL and MySQL different to SQL lite. and can they be used to open these files or not. I don't want to take risks :P

You can't use MySQL editors to edit the SQLite database. SQLite stores the database as .db files when it isn't running. On runtime it loads it in, and it does work with SQL commands, but it is implemented differently than MySQL. SQL itself just refers to the language used to interact with the database.

SQLite Browser is pretty easy to use. For safety you should make a backup copy of the files before you make changes so you can always go back if need be.

When you bring your server backup watch the console to make sure it isn't complaining about a corrupt database when it tries to save creature locations. If it is then shutdown your server, export-all.bat, move the appropriate data to the right files and then rebuild-all.bat

Thanks people for all the help. everything is working fine now. 

Thanks and thanks again for all the expert help :P

as GM:

Summon mini uzi

UnlimitedAmmo

Oh sorry wrong game ;)

(would be handy though)

• Like 1

PSA: If you delete all creatures, you will also need to delete everything in wurmzones.GUARDS, otherwise weird crap will happen (like infinte templar/shadow spawn spam for all existing deeds)