Sign in to follow this  
grincor

Humans demise vs Selfhealers demise

Now that it is possible to dispell demise spells I am trying to understand the difference between these two spells.

According to wiki selfhealers demise affects Trolls and "other regenerating creatures".

Humans demise affects, humanoids (humans, trolls, goblins and similar"

So what is the difference between the two spells?

Goblins are humanoid but not regenerating so I guess they are affected by humans demise but not by selfhealers demise.

What other regenerating creatures are there?

Are there any non humanoid regenerating creatures?

What about uniques? Are they affected by any of the two?

"Humans" are tower guards, players, and a few other oddball NPCs you can't attack (merchants, bartenders, etc).  "Selfhealers" are trolls and the troll king.  There is no Demise enchant that works against humanoid uniques, such as the kyklops and forest giant.

Thanks so humans demise makes more sense in PvP servers and selfhealers in PVE servers.

Edited by grincor

I was told that HD works on all humanoids: players, trolls, goblins, except unique humanoids so it makes perfect sense in PvE.

19 minutes ago, zigozag said:

I was told that HD works on all humanoids: players, trolls, goblins, except unique humanoids so it makes perfect sense in PvE.

We were all told that, which is why I have Human's Demise on my sword. Turns out we were wrong.

I just checked myself, and indeed trolls do not have the "human" property set, and only trolls and troll kings have the "regenerating" property set.

• Like 1

Turns out poor CAs were spreading rumours? That's just sad. Give 'em the info!!!11 Although having a useless spell on a weapon is bad too.:unsure:

Edited by zigozag