Sign in to follow this  
Ocean

How big is the latest Wurm folder?

Mine is 2.16 gigabytes and I would like to know how big the latest one is (so I know how much will be downloaded when I go on next).

Mine is 1.91GB but that includes log files for lord knows how far back but those are very small. The "packs" folder is only a couple KB smaller than the total folder.

• Like 1

The trouble is if you have to replace all the files with the new ones if you have not updated in a while. The wurm folder for me is only 1.07gb so it will not be any bigger then you have now but there has been a lot changed so a lot of the files will need updated if you have not played in a while. 

• Like 1

Ah yeah, I have "Experimental" turned on so mine is bigger than Kegan's. Forgot about that.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Audrel said:

Mine is 1.91GB but that includes log files for lord knows how far back but those are very small. The "packs" folder is only a couple KB smaller than the total folder.

17 minutes ago, Kegan said:

The trouble is if you have to replace all the files with the new ones if you have not updated in a while. The wurm folder for me is only 1.07gb so it will not be any bigger then you have now but there has been a lot changed so a lot of the files will need updated if you have not played in a while. 

15 minutes ago, Audrel said:

Ah yeah, I have "Experimental" turned on so mine is bigger than Kegan's. Forgot about that.

Thanks a lot for the quick response, still - my packs folder is still 2.04 gigabytes (even though it was last updated just over a year ago)!

v Can you see what fantastic subjects I was searching for just before I made this post? v

]6f17b8.jpg

Ah, that can be getting into hard drive layout I suppose. I use 512 byte clusters. If you use FAT32 or larger clusters, I don't know how much that can pad at the end. That's usually only an issue with a large number of small files. This is a small number of large files. Have any in there been renamed .old or .bak?

And really odd. You have 6 files and I have 8 files. My 8 takes up less space than your 6.

2MtBhCM.png

Edited by Audrel
  • Like 1

Okay, I thought it was because the developers simply compressed Wurm (including the updates since then) in that space of time - hence the files taking up more space!

And nope, they all end in .jar.

I did check to make sure my folder isn't compressed. It's not. So this is actual size on disk for me and no compression unless there is something native to Windows 10 but NTFS is NTFS as far as I know.

39 minutes ago, Audrel said:

It is the test files i do not have any of that stuff only unstable client. 

9 minutes ago, Audrel said:

I did check to make sure my folder isn't compressed. It's not. So this is actual size on disk for me and no compression unless there is something native to Windows 10 but NTFS is NTFS as far as I know.

I mean, I think the developers made Wurm smaller in file size in the past year - but I could be wrong!

Ah, the files should actually be getting slightly bigger. They are changing to dds which is slightly larger than png which is a lot larger than jpg. Maybe mine is going to update next time I log in. :-P

• Like 1

Well 2.41 GB here BUT:

• Packs 1.24GB
  • 501 MB logs on one char alone
  • 473 MB in screenshots for that same char