Sign in to follow this  
JakeRivers

Embark Freeze Bug back?

So with the fix in for boat crossing lock ups today I noticed the freeze embark bug is back. It happened many times today on wagons/carts/horses where I would embark from any range other than standing on top of the vehicle and ending up having to relog due to freeze up. It happened about 5x hopping onto a cart and once each hopping onto a wagon and horse.

The freezing with boat crossings has been fixed with today's patch - as far as my testing has gone.  I crossed a number of times without commander or passenger having issues.

Carts, wagons and horses is another issue which has been around for a while.

Please let me know if you have the issue with embarking and freezing ALL the time when trying from a tile other than the one the vehicle is on, or just sometimes.  I'll see if I can recreate and find if this bug is already in the list.  Thanks for the report.

Well it has been great for weeks now, I got back into the habit of leaping 2-3 tiles onto my cart or wagon or horse for that matter with no issues at all until today and it got me 6x, so back to making sure I am not moving and on same tile as drivers seat.

Nothing changed with the embarking code for wagons and such, so you're likely having some bad luck in that area. This bug is incredibly hard to track because I've never been able to cause it while running the tools that will help me pinpoint it. Crossing was easier because it was almost a definite when you cross the server.

The issue with crossing was more about timing - the server sent your command to embark and passengers before the boat sometimes. Thus you never embarked. If I had to guess, the embark bug mentioned here is more about something lost between the client and server when you go to embark.