Sign in to follow this  
Afterburner

Wurm isn't a game anymore - it's surpassed that.

28 minutes ago, Amadee said:

So nice to see a feel-good thread.  :)

Just go back about every six months to every major blowback event on the forums, and you'll see one of these overly saccharine threads kept squeaky under heavy moderation.

These things come up like clockwork now.

• Like 1

They do. It's a law of conventional physics that states that "for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction". It can also be explained in the terms of Karma, with similar conclusions.

As to me... I think more in quantum terms.

But I do love Wurm :)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Valdor said:

They do. It's a law of conventional physics that states that "for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction". It can also be explained in the terms of Karma, with similar conclusions.

As to me... I think more in quantum terms.

But I do love Wurm :)

Wurm can be a bit quarky at times but once you figure out which way it's spinning, it's all good.

We all have our own distinct or blurry visions of what a game is to us or what are the appealing factors within it that draw our imaginations or emotions firmly or loosely attached. If the game is appealing to oneself naturally they will be drawn to likeminded others and tend to reinforce their comments with similarities of reflections within their own. Not much point in debasing others opinions on the matter since they have little interest in the opposing viewpoint based upon nothing other than the personality of the person they can't relate to anyway.

That aside for now, I find that in realistic terms in which I prefer little participation, Wurm can be nothing other than a game in the strict terms of definition. Even if I could step inside of it leaving my body behind in the outside world, then which reality would be real, more or less. This in the end leads me to the same conclusion that I came to at the beginning, which is that Wurm is a place in which our imagination can dwell for a time and to some more than others it is a pleasant place to be. Simplicity in itself, yea dat!

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

You know, if you actually could transcend into digital space and enter Wurm for real, things would not be so rosy. That ideal deed of yours would suddenly become a very different reality. The wind would be cold, the giant spiders terrifying, the armour too heavy (you would probably take it off to find that it was exactly at that point when the spider showed up) and the night so dark you would stab your toe on that tree stump you didn't remove. Your lamp would decide to be annoying and take 15 minutes to turn on, the tar would spill all over your clothes as you are trying to refuel it, the plank you just made would give you three nasty splinters, your horses would smell funny, the rain would drive you nuts (and you don't have a rain jacket) and all the exposed dirt on your farm would turn into mud in the slightest drizzle and make farming a nightmare. On top of that, it would turn out that going uphill on that sweet slope you made would be very tiring and the idea of going to visit your friend who lives on top of that mountain wolud be just too much to ask for. Oh, and the water would be cold. Very cold.

Yea, I like Wurm very much. But I'll keep it in my computer. There, it's perfect! :)

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Valdor said:

You know, if you actually could transcend into digital space and enter Wurm for real, things would not be so rosy.

Again, all a matter of the perception (imagination) of the one who steps into it, since I already find ways to avoid the annoyances there and enjoy the quiet moments of the seemingly mundane. Then there is always time to enjoy various building projects, do some farming and grow plenty of trees, which the weather does not effect in any way, contrary to the reality that we are trapped within now.

Hey, I even planted a few rose bushes in the central area now, so things are looking up there too. Only thing lacking really are the glasses to paint them with.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Just to clarify:

Wurm Online (unlimited) appeal is that it releases dopamine in the brain leading to the addictive state of just "one more block."

You think you arent addicted but you dont fool us. Your morning ritual is:

1. Wake up

2. Go pee

3. Turn on computer

4. Turn on Wurm

*Not necessarily in that order.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MootRed said:

Just to clarify:

Wurm Online (unlimited) appeal is that it releases dopamine in the brain leading to the addictive state of just "one more block."

You think you arent addicted but you dont fool us. Your morning ritual is:

1. Wake up

2. Go pee

3. Turn on computer

4. Turn on Wurm

*Not necessarily in that order.

You forgot the coffee as I do if I turn on Wurm before I have it in my hand :)

• Like 2

On 16-3-2016 at 7:30 PM, Tikki said:

people like lolabelle make wurm magical.. her freebears was a huge steeping stone in getting me started as well as many others .. wurm is a wonderful game and hope to see it grow and stay online another 10 years ...

I myself started within the formerly known village as Small bears, dating back to the Jenn-Kellon Home server era, even these days that i no longer participate within the realms of WO i have joined the Free bears private server on WU and enjoying every bit of it.

with that regards, im Anxcious to see what the future will bring.

I'm very grateful to the wonderful times i have made with the small bears/free bears crew therough the years, if it werent for them i would have quit within my first week of wurm.

Many regards,

Elwood

• Like 1

Now here's a blurb for the box;

This game has the most immersive and complete virtual world i have ever seen. Seriously, i don't know a single MMO that manages to simulate an actual living, breathing and changing world like Wurm.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, VentureCo said:

Now here's a blurb for the box;

This game has the most immersive and complete virtual world i have ever seen. Seriously, i don't know a single MMO that manages to simulate an actual living, breathing and changing world like Wurm.

It is certainly very unique and unmatched in its style and composure.

On 3/16/2016 at 1:45 PM, Hailene said:

I think Wurm's amazing and all...

But I'm frightened by Eve online. That can literally be a second life. It's scary.

If any game can be called taking a life of its own, I think it's Eve. At least at the high, end-game level.

If Wurm had the in game economy that Eve has it would be just as bad/good for sucking the life out of you in a good way.

• Like 1

This is so true, been playing Wurm now 14 hours a day, 7 days a week.

The more you play the deeper it gets - just whoa.

Wurm and EVE are the only games I really play anymore. And they are both amazing.

On Monday, March 21, 2016 at 4:32 AM, Ocean said:

The more you play the deeper it gets - just whoa.

I think you mean "woa", right? :)