Sign in to follow this  
Afterburner

Wurm isn't a game anymore - it's surpassed that.

Wurm is something on its own - it isn't a game, and if you call it a game you're doing it a disservice.

It's surpassed what games are and it's the first ever to come past some kind of barrier to become something in itself.

Wurm is amazing and, if you realised what you could truly do in Wurm, your mind would be blown.

• Like 12

I think Wurm's amazing and all...

But I'm frightened by Eve online. That can literally be a second life. It's scary.

If any game can be called taking a life of its own, I think it's Eve. At least at the high, end-game level.

Edited by Hailene

When I opened up the forums this morning and I saw your post in the recent posts section I clicked it expecting you to be bashing on Wurm. I was completely ready to defend this piece of art that is known to us as Wurm Online. 

This was not what I expected at all. I have to agree 110%. Wurm Online is not a game any more. I don't know what I would call it but yes it it not a game any longer. 

And you know what yeah I'm going to say it. Even though I hate Wurm Unlimited, it is a game as well. I mean what other game lets you host your own private server and basically have your own spin off of Wurm Online that you can fully mod and make it your own with how ever many servers you want in a cluster. And even though I hate Wurm Unlimited (my personal opinion don't ask me why) it is no longer a game. 

So yes even though the title of the post is a little misleading until you actually get to the content of the post I agree 110%!!

~Yours Truly~

Zachariah 

• Like 1

Love Wurm have met some of the best people I know in Wurm.  Now that it is evolving to even more I am very excited. LONG LIVE WURM!!!

• Like 2

people like lolabelle make wurm magical.. her freebears was a huge steeping stone in getting me started as well as many others .. wurm is a wonderful game and hope to see it grow and stay online another 10 years ...

• Like 1

I never did understand the purpose of mushy self-love threads like these.

I never did understand the purpose of the ultra-hate threads that threads like these are meant to counter.

7 minutes ago, Dairuka said:

I never did understand the purpose of the ultra-hate threads that threads like these are meant to counter.

Just hug-it-out bro.

• Like 1

There is definitely nothing out there like Wurm that I have been able to find. There are some that have Aspect X or Aspect Y but no other with both X and Y. 

Not saying I ultra-love it because many days it's a love-hate relationship. :lol: Wurm is also one of the most frustrating games I have ever found.

@Hailene, yes about EVE. I stopped playing EVE simply because I could not stop playing EVE. 

Edited by Audrel
  • Like 2

Both Wurm and EVE are similar in that they give you environment with so much freedom that you can basically play any role you can imagine (even without true RP experience unless you want it). :)

"Endgame" Freedom gameplay can be pretty much like second life, especially in a busy village. I remember being a farmer/cook and then - when I got bored - I simply switched profession and did some unusual, several months long terraforming projects.

• Like 1

Truth is!  Wurm become RL now  and RL is game

• Like 1

wurm could be amazing with the right direction and devolopment

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Snoo said:

wurm could be amazing with the right direction and devolopment

and a time machine.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dairuka said:

You don't need to understand.

Just let it happen.

There you go.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Daolin said:

and a time machine.

IF I COULD TURN BACK TIME....

But I did bring back Black Legion items. Does that count a little?

Love thread is full of love. <3

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Snoo said:

wurm is amazing with this direction and devolopment

2 minutes ago, Senitor said:

Imagine if Wurm supported a VR headset.....

Mind blown.

2 hours ago, Keenan said:

IF I COULD TURN BACK TIME....

Just great. Now I have Cher stuck in my head...

10 minutes ago, FranktheTank said:

a good ole wurm online circle jerk

I think you're confusing circle jerk and joy.  Joy is happy times mate.

3 hours ago, zethreal said:

Just great. Now I have Cher stuck in my head...

I would find a good neurosurgeon. I think Ben Carson is free now... She could be dangerous to let grow in there.

We suspected Wurm gained self awareness long ago and so far... its a sadist.

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, Audrel said:

I would find a good neurosurgeon. I think Ben Carson is free now... She could be dangerous to let grow in there.

I'd rather have a Cher infection than have Ben Carson touch me.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Audrel said:

There is definitely nothing out there like Wurm that I have been able to find. There are some that have Aspect X or Aspect Y but no other with both X and Y. 

Not saying I ultra-love it because many days it's a love-hate relationship. :lol: Wurm is also one of the most frustrating games I have ever found.

True.  Early last year I took a few months off and tried a bunch of games, some new, some old.  I eventually concluded that Wurm is the only game currently existing that has X, Y, and Z for me.  I also concluded that, as far as the love-hate is concerned, we can say all we want during a hate phase that Wurm sucks but it's only true in that, if you try to leave, Wurm sucks you back eventually.  :wub:

So nice to see a feel-good thread.  :)

(I'm out of 'likes' for the day but tomorrow is another day)

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 1