Sign in to follow this  
MarkSilard

Off deed building plans with one plank attached lives forever? [Fixed]

On Deliverance,SE from starter town Green Dog,  player planned a building just few tiles out of Green Dog perimeter, next to safe house which was built before.  He attached 1 plank on one wall. It was more than one month ago. He moved to Exodus after it.  I'm  checking that plan  it from time to time and today i found it has, after  more than month  from planning , 0.3 dmg on  that 1 ql started wall.  So is this intended to be this way? If someone use 10 alts and place 10 building plans with 1 plank attached on strategic points in wild,  for example in a middle between 4 deeds, it would  prevent everyone to deed that area until plans decay, and at this rate, 0.3 dmg per month, it  would take more than 20 years for it.  Is it supposed that plans  have so much slower decay then finished stone houses off deed?

Thanks for the report.  I'll add this to the bug list and gather the data so that the devs can check out the specifics.

• Like 2

Plans with just one item added last for months, I finally took a maul to take care of one on chaos recently, it had been up for about 3 months with little decay, I have seen a very large plan with one plank on exodus and can show you, I am sure its over half a year now and it is still there.

• Like 1

Today status of  same wall:

[15:39:03] QL=1.0, dam=0.32999998

It took 0.02999998  dmg in 5 days

I experience a similar thing with a shack with only 1 complete wall on perimeter. No or minimum decay on the wall since weeks now. If needed I can look up my logs and send the location on Inde. Shack is not owned by the deed owner,no other citizens.

I'm still tracking this as well, MarkSilard.  I'm waiting for a dev response.  Just wanted to let you know it hasn't been forgotten.

2 hours ago, MarkSilard said:

Today status of  same wall:

[15:39:03] QL=1.0, dam=0.32999998

It took 0.02999998  dmg in 5 days

• Like 1

What seems really odd is how house plans on my own deed take enormous decay ticks that you can't see until you finish the wall/floor, then the damage transfers over.

I have a distant neighbor who attached one brick and mortar to a plan to reserve a peninsula. I have never checked the damage but when I sail by I have seen it there for over a year.

I had the same problem with a left behind structure that had one plank added per wall on Buddas server and he had to come remove it.

After two weeks decay had only increased with 0,08

what could be a good idea is building plans need at least one wall finished to last for any longer length of time. 

This issue was fixed with the March 24th patch http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/139679-patch-notes-24mar16/

It's been 3 days and the unfinished wall on the building you reported is now at 40 damage.

On 3/16/2016 at 11:14 AM, MarkSilard said:

On Deliverance,SE from starter town Green Dog,  player planned a building just few tiles out of Green Dog perimeter, next to safe house which was built before.  He attached 1 plank on one wall. It was more than one month ago. He moved to Exodus after it.  I'm  checking that plan  it from time to time and today i found it has, after  more than month  from planning , 0.3 dmg on  that 1 ql started wall.  So is this intended to be this way? If someone use 10 alts and place 10 building plans with 1 plank attached on strategic points in wild,  for example in a middle between 4 deeds, it would  prevent everyone to deed that area until plans decay, and at this rate, 0.3 dmg per month, it  would take more than 20 years for it.  Is it supposed that plans  have so much slower decay then finished stone houses off deed?

• Like 2

As of today, the building reported in the original post is no longer there so the fix patched on March 24th took care of situations like this.

• Like 1