Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 16/MAR/16

• Only  passengers on vehicles are blocked from trading with npcs.
  • Mounted players can now trade correctly.
  • Dispel now uses the correct enchantment ID, demise enchantments can now be dispelled.
  • Animals bred in captivity will no longer flee from players.
  • Overly aggressive creatures are now able to express their feelings, they will randomly bite on emotes as intended.
  • Old appointment window now sets offices correctly.
  • Kings may now expel members that are offline or off-server with both the old method and the new member list feature.
  • Added /mykingdoms so players can see their kingdom affiliations on both Chaos and Epic from any server.
  • Fix for cave ins not happening in middle of an area without reinforced cave floors.
  • Mining now puts shards on the tile you’re standing at in order to properly calculate max number of items.
  • Item piles now close correctly when there is insufficient items to make a pile.
  • You may no longer put more than 100 coins and items in a container except your inventory. Note – You will also no longer receive coins in inventory while praying if it has more than 100 items.
  • Kingdom Member List (not live yet, but will be enabled when finished testing)
    – Available on the royal scepter/staff of office/claw when activated and right-clicked.
    – Provides a detailed list of members within a player-made kingdom
    – Shows last on, current village, and when joined.
    – Action buttons allow for appointing and expelling members by selecting them.
    – New Appoint window interface for the member list
    – Allows for filtering of the resulting list by player name using wildcards.
    – Legacy management options will remain intact.
  • Client – Fix for passengers not reattaching to vehicles, most notably when crossing server borders.
  • Client – Fix for an issue with reconnecting or connecting to a new server. This issue could have caused many symptoms, including “Refreshing…” constantly and crashing on reconnect.
  • Client – Account ordering is now case insensitive.
  • Like 7

Hrm... good, good, good, okay, good, passable, goo*

WTH!

You may no longer put more than 100 coins and items in a container except your inventory. Note – You will also no longer receive coins in inventory while praying if it has more than 100 items.

:wacko:

:ph34r:You may no longer put more than 100 coins and items in a container except your inventory. Note – You will also no longer receive coins in inventory while praying if it has more than 100 items.

• Like 2

• Overly aggressive creatures are now able to express their feelings, they will randomly bite on emotes as intended.

So I guess we gonna have some nasty horses now.  Time for genesis or the glue factory. 

17 minutes ago, Lolabelle said:

So I guess we gonna have some nasty horses now.  Time for genesis or the glue factory. 

Only if you have a habit of emoting on your horses for lols

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

Only if you have a habit of emoting on your horses for lols

if you use Wurm Assistant, you smile at your horses to add them

I do understand the 100 items limit. But thought coins are intended to be excluded from the limit... which made quite a lot of sense.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, whykillme said:

:ph34r:You may no longer put more than 100 coins and items in a container except your inventory. Note – You will also no longer receive coins in inventory while praying if it has more than 100 items.

More to mod back in WU....

• Like 1

Thanks for this change of animals' behaviour!

But please, revert this:

• You may no longer put more than 100 coins and items in a container except your inventory. Note – You will also no longer receive coins in inventory while praying if it has more than 100 items.

This change will make sermons a literal pain for those who chooses to pray between them, seriously.

edit: Or does that mean that coins will be excluded from the diceroll, making a higher chance for other kinds of rewards?

Edited by zigozag

Good that demise enchantments can be dispelled.

Fix for cave ins not happening in middle of an area without reinforced cave floors.

How many poor ships will be crushed in non reinforced boat mines :o

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Explora said:

How many poor ships will be crushed in non reinforced boat mines :o

Doesn't this mean most of the old tunnels are pretty much screwed? =/ Missed this on my first read.

• Like 1

Yeah, the cave-ins thing without reinforced cave floors is......<looks for a way to say this politely>.......umm.........<fails miserably>.  I have to say I hate this.

Boat caves, forge caverns, wide tunnels, etc.  This is really.....ummm....never mind!!!!

Please change this back.  Reinforced floors are Fugly for one.  Not to mention the major pita of having to do this for a bazillion tiles. 

And can we reinforce under water?  If a tile caves in in my vaulted-ceiling boat cave, it will be impossible to ever get that tile ceiling back up where it was.  I am very unhappy about his.  Very!!  

wurm.20150908.1118_3.jpg

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 8

Client – Fix for an issue with reconnecting or connecting to a new server. This issue could have caused many symptoms, including “Refreshing…” constantly and crashing on reconnect.

This isn't fixed.

I just crashed right off the bat trying to use the portal.

You can reinforce underwater no problem, did most of my cave after I had some collapses a while back crushing a wagon and other stuff.

That's still only a teensy weensy consolation.  Gotta do the whole thing, ruin its looks, and hope I get it all done before a cave in which will ruin the entire thing.  Then there's still the time to do all the tunnels and caverns, and also ruining the looks of all those too.  Argh!!!   All that work for nothing, getting it to look exactly how I wanted it.  <goes off to have a tantrum and an anxiety attack>

Edited by Amadee
  • Like 1

I'm thrilled bugs are being fixed. I can't add how ticked I am that the subways I've built to facilitate movement through wurm are now going to be plagued by cave ins because at least 2 of them were built BEFORE any dev dreamed of a "floor" reinforcement and so they are neatly reinforced along the walls. I don't feel like going back to add thousands of floor reinforcements on the off chance that they actually work properly, with all the monkeying in the code I'm er dubious at best. Thanks for ruining properly built cave canals Dev team.

• Like 9

So much more time wasted on reinforcing.  Time to let the 1000 tile long cave canal I made on Xanadu die.

Also, I really liked the case sensitive sorting in the client!!!!!! Why make it go away?  A lot of people have a lot of alts and with case sensitive, we finally had a way to have the few primary alts we use daily in one spot.  Can this be changed back please?

4 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

So much more time wasted on reinforcing.  Time to let the 1000 tile long cave canal I made on Xanadu die.

Also, I really liked the case sensitive sorting in the client!!!!!! Why make it go away?  A lot of people have a lot of alts and with case sensitive, we finally had a way to have the few primary alts we use daily in one spot.  Can this be changed back please?

Can it be a option? I have been using Capitols to sort my premium accounts to the top of the play list and I love it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaz said:

I do understand the 100 items limit. But thought coins are intended to be excluded from the limit... which made quite a lot of sense.

There were some severe cases for us GM's of players with 15,000+ iron coins in their inventories that were not only making the Player Avatars unplayable, but the servers shaky at best. 

It would take 8 GM's 3-4 hours at a time, summoning a coin at a time to fix this to ensure player and servers kept stable.

It's the best fix I've seen for the last 3 years, but YMMV.

• Like 8

Another thing... Can you fix the issue with greater than 100 items being a problem?  For some reason, the little CPUs in the WO servers freak out with high quantity of anything.  As a result, we have to sort everything into many containers.  Now our priests have to carry 5-10 satchels to sort coins, or all churches are just going to be build with altars surrounding the token.  Maybe make a player craftable banking device, that we can place in all our churches? 

If you think about it, probably 5% of all items in wurm are just containers, because of the 100 item limit.  Wouldn't that be a huge server resource reduction if we could reduce the number of containers?  I've posted in suggestions many times for ways to clean up container clutter, but nothing seems to go anywhere on this idea or concept.

4 minutes ago, Shalbriri said:

There were some severe cases for us GM's of players with 15,000+ iron coins in their inventories that were not only making the Player Avatars unplayable, but the servers shaky at best. 

It would take 8 GM's 3-4 hours at a time, summoning a coin at a time to fix this to ensure player and servers kept stable.

It's the best fix I've seen for the last 3 years, but YMMV.

yes, that was a fun day on Pristine.  However, 1000 doesn't break the server or client. Seems around 2k-3k is where the client starts rebooting, when trying to grab a pile of coins from a container. 

53 minutes ago, Pingpong said:

I'm thrilled bugs are being fixed. I can't add how ticked I am that the subways I've built to facilitate movement through wurm are now going to be plagued by cave ins because at least 2 of them were built BEFORE any dev dreamed of a "floor" reinforcement and so they are neatly reinforced along the walls. I don't feel like going back to add thousands of floor reinforcements on the off chance that they actually work properly, with all the monkeying in the code I'm er dubious at best. Thanks for ruining properly built cave canals Dev team.

Not mentioning that you are not able to do it with a priest - cannot reinforce floors with Strongwall.

I'm really really unhappy with this change. All the tunnels should have been planned differently knowing this is a "bug" not a "feature".

Was quite a common knowledge belief that wide tunnels with both sidewalls reinforced are secured (I know I know not 100%).

What about heights mined up in boat or normal caves? After a cave-in those will be tremendous work to fix - or better impossible :S

Nice Quality of Life change?

• Like 6

Don't forget for a long time there was a critical character killing bug caused by reinforced floors when people ran into nearby corners. Official GM recommendation was not to reinforce the floors back then.

Oh well, luckily had 104 support beams in storage so deploying those to the safe mine now.

• Like 1

It's actually about 12.5k where things seem to really get freaky, player side for us GM's.  I've been a GM for nearly 4 years now and haven't seen "inventory pukes" until well over about 12,000 items.  We've only really seen it on priests thus far, mainly due to the stacking "prayer bank" aspect of priests.  At the end of the day, I just want people to be able to open their own inventories without crashing, and as a side effect, I'd like to not spend 3 hours x 8 GM's copy pasting ID numbers, fishing coins out one by one. which is why this update pleases me.  Throw your coins in the bank where they should be.

We have hit multiple instances of players with 14k or 15k+ of inventory items.  The moment you would open inv on these toons, it'd be crash time.  Even on a GM toon, if you tore their heart out and grabbed the body. you'd crash out.  Previous to this fix, our only real option was to Hellcommand each coin/item off.  I can understand some upset to these changes, but there's no sane reason to be packing around 15,000 iron coins, lol.  The first big isntance we saw of this, it bugged out our illustrious Head GM Enki to the point where he could not even open his inv stack.

She's not a major issue, but when it does go sideways, it takes about 7-8 GM's on one player for multiple hours (the first ticket we saw of this was a priest with 15,000+ coins, and it took 6+ GM's 3+ hours just to get the toon loadable), summoning one item at a time, then the defacto work of making sure you have not shorted the player on items when it comes time to return them, over 8 GM's summoning stuff off.

Just my two bits, anyways - as someone who's likely spent 12 solid hours over a handful of tickets where the "too many things in inventory" issue caused the Avatar to be entirely unplayable.

• Like 6

Sign in to follow this