Sign in to follow this  
Erlindur

Common Practice?

Hi there. I'm a fairly new player and for the last 4-5 months the happy owner of a small deed in the middle of nowhere, slowly grinding my skills while building my home. Relatively near to my deed there was another deed that was disbanded by upkeep a few days ago. I never saw the owner online since I got there and I assume that he has quit or something. The thing is that he was in the middle of building something, so his former land is filled with crates of building materials that are now free for taking.

So, what is the common practice with those mats? Are they free for taking or we leave them there in case he returns? I'm not particularly interested in them, since by making my own mats I level my skills and I need those skill points right now, but I now recognise the hard work invested in all those materials and I hate to see them lost when the crates disappear (at around 20 dmg right now if I recall correctly). Maybe I can post its location here so someone who needs them come and take them or maybe use them in some public works. What do you think?

Normally everything that can be taken away from abandoned spots are free to be used by everyone who will have balls to do so.

You can take them, use them, sell them, donate them to a new player, or simply store them for now in the hope their former owner will return.

Whatever items are left out on free land can be taken and used, and decayed deeds have always been "raided" and "looted" for what is left behind, is a common practice, and yes, is a pity to let them waste, because some effort has been put in gathering them.

Ah yes "salvaging" is a long time-honored practice in Wurm, even before we could load forges into wagons. Some really nice examples would be pushed for miles!

On pvp servers the salvaging can even commence before a player even quits. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Exploring and finding good, abandoned stuff is one of my favorite things to do in Wurm :D If it ain't nailed to the ground and you need it - drag it to your lair!

• Like 1

be the first to get there and enjoy the spoils.  don't forget to keep your upkeep up on your own deed so the same doesn't happen to you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eltaran said:

Exploring and finding good, abandoned stuff is one of my favorite things to do in Wurm :D If it ain't nailed to the ground and you need it - drag it to your lair!

Then go back for the nails! Cause its a pain crafting em!

• Like 1

It is your right and duty to rescue all abandoned items.

Thank you all for your answers. Apparently the looting has already begun, since a few of yesterday's full crates are now empty. And I was feeling guilty for taking a few hides a couple of days ago... :)