Sign in to follow this  
Camaril

Adjustments to Permissions

These new permissions for carts could be improved. On my deed we have always shared large carts but with the new permission system if I use a cart that I didn't build and walk away from it when it's on another deed I lose it despite having been given permissions by the person who built it. I think if a person has command permissions on a cart they should be able to command it regardless of deed permissions. What reason is there for my not being able to command my friends cart just because I am on another deed?

If there is a good reason for this setting maybe there could be a warning message. I lost a cart, two horses, and several loaded items this morning because I was in what looked like a wilderness area but was actually a deed. A simple warning message would have saved me a lot of grief.

Also I think citizens of a deed should be able to command a cart they don't have command permissions for just until it leaves the deed. They shouldn't be able to open it without permissions, or continue to drive it once it is off deed, but that would allow an abandoned cart to easily be removed from a deed.

• Like 1

It sounds like it was a unlocked cart. If it was l locked and you had command permission, being on another deed  would not effect it.

This does sound like a cart that does not a lock on it.  An old one that was made before they were auto locked upon creation. I have one that was inherreted from a villager and had something similar happen.  Only advice I can give is ditch it and never use it again.

You really don't want to use unlocked carts that you are not the owner of, they are useless for the most part unless you keep it on your deed for use on that deed. Take the time and build yourself your own cart, if you lack the skills I am sure you can find someone to help you out with that. Unless you own the cart you really have no security for horses hitched and items inside.

There are several in the village made by me. I guess we just need to build a new fleet since all of the ones we have were build before the new permission system, and we want them to be usable by everyone and safe to take off deed. Thanks for the replies.

Just examine all of them. Any that where made by you or any other active players in your village just need a lock if not locked and permissions set.

All others drag off deed and never use again.