Sign in to follow this  
Nappy

Desolation(v3) - 100 skill, 10 action, 1048, PVP - wurm-desolation.com

Shouldn't there be a picture of your empress on some of these posters too? Same with MR chancellor.

I remember When bl was dead, and then proph joined and now hots has more online players than all of the elevation kingdoms combined.

Edited by ownerpure5

BL now has zerg, but you kno what! It's the quality, not the quantity :3, Tho they have excellent players, but don't get overwhelmed with Mao's propaganda. JOIN JENN-KELLON!! :P

im bl on desolation which means it has official aflacduck bl stamp of approval

join today

• Like 1

Update on the map (Reason for mr decline is mass migration of MRs to Hots)

ojwDVeG.jpg

May 22 - Updates and discovered bugs

1 post • Page 1 of 1

gmnappy Site Admin Posts: 138 Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:34 pm Contact: 

May 22 - Updates and discovered bugs

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Postby gmnappy » Sun May 22, 2016 7:18 am

There has been a large amount of PVP on the server lately which has been awesome to see.

Tonight a bug was discovered in a mod that hadn't changed since the last WU update. There is a possibility that the last WU update changed something that caused the issue. We are investigating now. In the meantime the mod has been disabled.

- Server has been updated to run 0.0.19 modloader. People running modloader client should update to 0.0.40 client modloader. Server ingame maps will not work until the client modloader has been updated to this version

- Disabled MobSpawn mod. This means that when the more aggressive creatures on the server die out (Hell scorpions, lava fiends, hell hounds etc) new creatures of that type will not respawn on the server until this mod is fixed

- As part of the troubleshooting for the server all pickaxes that had Azmantinium Fist (AF) had their casts changed to AOSP. If you have AOSP on your pickaxe you may file a support ticket to have the AOSP switched back to AF. In the meantime you should be able to cast a temporary AF on top of the pickaxe until the swap is done (I can also remove the AOSP if you get lucky with your new cast)

- Surface mining mod is now enabled and working again

- Enabled experimental feature to change the display name of a newly spawned character from Character to Newbie-Character. The name should appear in local and when you hover on them. This name change goes away once the 24 hour newbie buffs expire. We are still working with this feature so expect further enhancements

- Archery towers only shoot when close to a village. Archery towers located too far from a village will look imposing and do nothing

- Updated breeding timer to try to speed up the rate at which new horses are born

- Slowed down crop growth of farms. Needed to better balance the amount of effort needed by lib priests to gain favor through sacrifice compared to other priests like Mag, Fo and Vyn

- Deeds may no longer have additional perimeter tiles beyond the 5 free ones provided. This is to balance the archery tower change above

- Starter gear is no longer impable. Players also now start with a saw and 1 meal in addition to the items mentioned in the previous update

- Teamspeak poking has been turned off. Some players reported problems with application focus being removed from the game due to TeamSpeak pokes during active PVP. While some operating systems have options to prevent this, unfortunately some do not

- Server rules have been updated. Please read the rules to make sure you stay within the server guidelines

- Server automatically backs up to the cloud every 30 minutes. Backups will be periodically verified to make sure they are working. This should significantly reduce the possibility of a complete server loss if we have something bad happen in the future.
  • Like 1

Thank you, nappy! You are a strong GM and do an excellent job! You should consider opening a paypal account so players who want to can assist with cost of server! I know I would be interested in subscribing

Sooo that's desolations new advertising strategy huh? Just got PM'ed on two forums to come play desolation server. What a petty server, Resorting to PMing players to come play other servers communities.

Man i feel like this is gonna turn into the Garrys Mod community where it started with just saying come play here then it went to DDos war's. 

8 minutes ago, akaedis said:

Sooo that's desolations new advertising strategy huh? Just got PM'ed on two forums to come play desolation server. What a petty server, Resorting to PMing players to come play other servers communities.

Man i feel like this is gonna turn into the Garrys Mod community where it started with just saying come play here then it went to DDos war's. 

eh

don't blame the staff/server for the actions of one or two players, pretty sure the person in question wasn't asked or encouraged to do that. (and i know in teamspeak he was told that he probably shouldnt do that.)

no need to make such a large assumption or jump to conclusions.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, akaedis said:

If people who play on server like it, and they know you and call you to the server, it's not really an advertisment, it's just BL propaganda, trust me. 

5 hours ago, akaedis said:

I would take it as a compliment that someone would want to ask me to join their team to have fun. 

You could have just replied with "no thanks."

Well that settles it i suppose.

I do hope that the desolation staff will try to avoid letting it's player base ruin its reputation for being the best pvp server around. Id hate to have to tell new players that join our server looking for PvP to go to Mythmoor or some terrible server because Desolation is scummy.

You know, Iv always heard that Desolation is the best PvP server out there, And personally id like to keep that opinion as its the easiest direction to send new PvP players. Let's hope it stays that way.

5 hours ago, akaedis said:

Staff (ie me) is not asking players to try to get anyone from anywhere. We often help other server admins with issues/knowledge transfer as well. This won't change.

However it is natural that if players are having a good time then they will likely reach out to people to try to give them the chance to have fun. Other then asking people to stay civil to each other and to follow the server rules there are no attempts at staff control of the players either.

With respect to DDOS protection, DesolationV2 had a lot of experience with DDOS attacks and as a consequence hosting selection was based on DDOS protection. So far this has worked out well for us since that time.

~Nappy

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Nappy said:

Staff (ie me) is not asking players to try to get anyone from anywhere. We often help other server admins with issues/knowledge transfer as well. This won't change.

However it is natural that if players are having a good time then they will likely reach out to people to try to give them the chance to have fun. Other then asking people to stay civil to each other and to follow the server rules there are no attempts at staff control of the players either.

With respect to DDOS protection, DesolationV2 had a lot of experience with DDOS attacks and as a consequence hosting selection was based on DDOS protection. So far this has worked out well for us since that time.

~Nappy

Same message, Two different accounts, Two different forums:

You guys should come play on deso, its been booming in pop lately!
[00:21:41] 42 other players are online. You are on Desolation - pvp 100x skill 10x action - wurm-desolation.com (43 totally in Wurm).

Never talked to these people, One i know from drama as they got rekted hard on PvP and RQ'ed.

3 minutes ago, akaedis said:

Never talked to these people, One i know from drama as they got rekted hard on PvP and RQ'ed.

Sounds like Stevenage.

15 minutes ago, akaedis said:

I haven't asked players to reach out to people on other servers nor do I have any intention of doing so. I would honestly like all Wurm (WU and WO) servers to do well.

At this point I think Desolation's gaming experience is unique compared to other PVP servers out there due to our numerous game play changes as well as the obvious skill gain rate and faster action timers. This should be the draw to Desolation for players.

I've always believed that Wurm should have plenty of room for lots of different play styles and to support that we need servers out there to give players the options they crave.

So, in summary, not asking anyone to reach out to other servers nor do I intend to.

Edited by Nappy
  • Like 1

I can keep making hots propaganda using proph's picture tho.

1 hour ago, ownerpure5 said:

I can keep making hots propaganda using proph's picture tho.

Hmmm, I have been told that there would be a really good "market" for pictures of proph superimposed upon an archery target if we could get them in game somehow (grin).

Who needs that, I gots photoshop brah.

14 hours ago, ownerpure5 said:

yer UI is terrible

from the map it seems like MR has least players, is that true?