Sign in to follow this  
Nappy

Desolation(v3) - 100 skill, 10 action, 1048, PVP - wurm-desolation.com

2 hours ago, Drastox said:

After spending a few days on this server, id have to say its basically my ideal version of this game. I've spent 3 years playing wurm online and after even that small amount of time.. kinda sick of the slow grind. Even though i have a lot of gear saved up over such a long time, i don't feel i have the incentive to actually go out and lose any of it. This server feels like the game should have been, or perhaps a version of this server should have been implemented on the main wurm servers for those that love fast paced action.

Does this mean I can have your full rare seryll set ? 

so tried joining the server last night told me incorrect password or something. Also would be nice to have a link to forums some where not sure if you still use the forums there nappy. 

7 hours ago, Egard said:

so tried joining the server last night told me incorrect password or something. Also would be nice to have a link to forums some where not sure if you still use the forums there nappy. 

I believe rhianna still owns that :P

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Egard said:

No password for the server so you should be able to just select and come in through the WU launcher. Make sure you are picking Desolation.

wurm-desolation.com is the server's website - contains forums, server mod configuration, rules etc.

Reach out to me if you need a hand Egard, happy to help.

Apr 28 - SOTG, Characteristics, Treasure chests, Enchanted grass

•  

Postby gmnappy » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:32 pm

The following changes were implemented on the server today as updated mods:

- SOTG changed from 50% to 25% (allows us to preview the planned WO change, we can modify as we receive feedback). You can already change paths with 3 hour cool down from previous update
- Treasure chests now have custom loot (will change periodically)
- Supply depots will issue smoke streams periodically
- Enchanted grass now has 1 hour cool down
- Characteristics now increase at same speed from start point all the way to 50 cap
- Supply depot loot has been updated
- Long absent champions have been reset to lose champion status (trailblazer and azgard)

Apr 29 - Traps, Depot update, SOTG configuration

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Postby gmnappy » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:25 am

- New modloader update adds functional working traps. Try planting a trap and see what damage it does to the enemy
- SOTG - Players at 30%, Champs at 50% - We can tweak this further as feedback is provided
- Depot mod updated to fix 2 issues - smoke will once again appear based on chance
Edited by Nappy

I am hearing great things about this server. I only hear good things about Nappy. My server is NOT pvp oriented, I have a pvp island for giggles. Some of my players, and I still love them, wanted some more serious pvp and went here, and they are telling me they are having a lot of fun! Maybe if I ever get some free time I might spend some time playing with you guys here. Good job Nappy, thanks for taking care of my bloodthirsters!

• Like 1

May 2 - Player creation message, aggressive creatures fix

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Postby gmnappy » Mon May 02, 2016 5:05 am

- When a player is initially created on the server a dialog box appears allowing them to choose their gender and their starting kingdom. A configurable extra message now appears on that screen allowing more information to be presented to the player. Currently the message states "HOTS needs players - please consider joining them"

- WU had a bug prevented many aggressive creatures from spawning on the server (this bug also preventing natural spawning of hell horses without lairs). While the bug has been fixed, a configurable option has been added that allows the prevention of hell horse spawning on the server. At this point in time the server is configured to not allow hell horses

Over the next 24 hours I will be refreshing the server configuration section for all installed mods so that the latest configuration is present for your review.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Nappy said:

May 2 - Player creation message, aggressive creatures fix

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Postby gmnappy » Mon May 02, 2016 5:05 am

- When a player is initially created on the server a dialog box appears allowing them to choose their gender and their starting kingdom. A configurable extra message now appears on that screen allowing more information to be presented to the player. Currently the message states "HOTS needs players - please consider joining them"

- WU had a bug prevented many aggressive creatures from spawning on the server (this bug also preventing natural spawning of hell horses without lairs). While the bug has been fixed, a configurable option has been added that allows the prevention of hell horse spawning on the server. At this point in time the server is configured to not allow hell horses

Over the next 24 hours I will be refreshing the server configuration section for all installed mods so that the latest configuration is present for your review.

Good fun server, have getting the best of me being 1 kill 3 deaths so far, but still great fun! Join MR ;) we need people.

Order by population/activity JK > MR > HoTS. Join MR and help me hide from achiies or he will kill me again for the 20th time. 

• Like 2

Ok, I guess I need to correct the misinformation about kingdom strengths and populations.

MR is currently the largest kingdom.

JK is a significantly smaller group but most have been on the server longer giving them stronger deeds and skills (although skills are quick to catch up)

HOTS is the smallest kingdom and needs players. 

In order to provide better kingdom balance on the server please consider joining HOTS.

The special message at character creation on the server is intended to be used in a kingdom neutral manner by a GM to point out where players could most be used in order to promote kingdoms of relatively even size making for what is hopefully a much more fair and evenly matched game.

(*kingdom neutral in the context of the previous paragraph means that anyone acting in a GM role will always act in a "What's best for the server" manner without regard to the kingdom that they might be a player in").

~Nappy (GMNappy on Desolation)

Edited by Nappy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Egard said:

Order by population/activity JK > MR > HoTS. Join MR and help me hide from achiies or he will kill me again for the 20th time. 

Nice try. You have Achilles, history proven how strong are the greeks... And, MR has more active players :o

I think there is only six active PVP players on JK in order of strength.

Capi

Satyrns

Yesirn

Fred

Walker

Moot

2 hours ago, MootRed said:

Capi

Satyrns

Yesirn

Fred

Walker

Moot

What about father, have seen him roam quite a bit or is it someones alt?

Haven't played in years. Anywho..I'm wandering around the server now if any JK are on.

21 hours ago, Wulfgarr said:

What about father, have seen him roam quite a bit or is it someones alt?

I dont know who father is but "daddy" just returned, uncertain what his play schedule will be.

3 hours ago, MootRed said:

I dont know who father is but "daddy" just returned, uncertain what his play schedule will be.

Yeah ment Daddy... it was late :D

On 2016-05-03 at 6:00 AM, MootRed said:

Capi

Satyrns

Yesirn

Fred

Walker

Moot

Um I'm here too, lol. Though I don't have as much time on my hands to play as I'd like, sadly, but I try. :) And also I guess I haven't really seen PvP on this server yet (due to not having enough time/skills), but soon, soon!

Edited by Sia
  • Like 1

May 4 - /Champs command and WU update

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Postby gmnappy » Wed May 04, 2016 3:20 pm

- /Champs command typed in chat window will provide a report of champion status at the time of the most recent server restart. It currently does not update other then during a server restart. Here's an example of the report:

[11:12:05] Current Champions:
[11:12:05] Name: Miket - Kingdom: HOTS - Points: 0 - Lives: 1 - Rank: 1000 - Time Left: 120 days, 20 hours
[11:12:05] Name: Blinksy - Kingdom: MR - Points: 14 - Lives: 2 - Rank: 1006 - Time Left: 145 days, 2 hours
[11:12:05] Name: Bogart - Kingdom: JK - Points: 19 - Lives: 3 - Rank: 1000 - Time Left: 133 days, 6 hours
[11:12:05] Name: Sevron - Kingdom: HOTS - Points: 2 - Lives: 2 - Rank: 1000 - Time Left: 148 days, 23 hours
[11:12:05] Name: Gankkstarr - Kingdom: MR - Points: 0 - Lives: 3 - Rank: 1000 - Time Left: 162 days, 8 hours
[11:12:05] Name: Capi - Kingdom: JK - Points: 452 - Lives: 3 - Rank: 1178 - Time Left: 121 days, 20 hours
[11:12:05] Name: Yesirn - Kingdom: JK - Points: 5 - Lives: 3 - Rank: 1020 - Time Left: 162 days, 7 hours
[11:12:05] Name: Lillith - Kingdom: HOTS - Points: 2 - Lives: 3 - Rank: 1002 - Time Left: 155 days, 14 hours
[11:12:05] Name: Blasphemer - Kingdom: MR - Points: 0 - Lives: 3 - Rank: 1000 - Time Left: 150 days, 4 hours

Army is extremely happy with this particular mod so if you like the results let him know!

- Champions have now been configured to only have one month of time as a champion before they dechamp. Existing champions will also have their lifetimes reduced to match the new lifetime amount as well during an upcoming server restart. The intent of this change is to make sure that more people have chances to become a champion

- WU update has been applied. With the number of mods on the server it is possible that unexpected behavior may occur. If you see something odd please report it in /support so that we can investigate

How long is the wait to become a champion after your term?

@ArmyAwesome job on the mod! I look forward to the many more improvements to the server because of your knowledge.

Edited by MootRed

With the number of people playing on the server and the enjoyment they appear to be having I have decided to extend server hosting until the beginning of August. This means that the server is expected to continue to be available at least until that point in time. If people continue to play on the server and the community continues to be an enjoyable one then the server hosting will likely be extended again.

There are also no plans to reset the map during this time.

• Like 4

On 03/05/2016 at 2:00 PM, MootRed said:

Capi

Satyrns

Yesirn

Fred

Walker

Moot

Well atm MR have 2 - 4 active players so Id say Bl now have a larger population, JK have the most skilled and MR have very few really active players

27 minutes ago, Rhianna said:

Well atm MR have 2 - 4 active players so Id say Bl now have a larger population, JK have the most skilled and MR have very few really active players

Agreed. Will shift the New character creation message accordingly during next server restart.

Evaluating another new idea which might give another PVP option to the server above the normal, Open field and Raiding options currently available. Stay tuned, announcement soon.

Currently very active on this server for JK, lots of fun, PM me if you like to PVP 90% of your playtime, you can join up!