Sign in to follow this  
Propheteer

One priest change

1. Add locate soul to nathan.

It was stated a while ago that every priest would have this, it was added to the others, and then once Nathan was implemented he never received his.

2. Either remove Magranon's additional disintegration chance on reinforced walls, or buff up the other faiths to be equal.

It already takes thousands of favor to go through reinforced mines, a higher chance would be very helpful now that the meta encourages multiple layers of reinforced walls.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 2

but nathan has had locate soul for ages?  it was even in patch notes

You must play this game a lot to know that Nathan doesn't have locate soul. 

As far as I can tell, the new "grey" priests have an almost full set of spells that can go with either the White Light or Black Light kingdoms. The only thing missing for the Black Lighters is Nimbleness.

So, considering how Nahjo is so popular and Nathan follows on from that, I would give Nimbleness to Tosiek or just straight up to Libila.

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Tosiek

1 hour ago, MrGARY said:

but nathan has had locate soul for ages?  it was even in patch notes

it got it? i haven't been a nathan priest in a while, but last i checked i was told it didn't and it wasn't on the wiki either.

i dunno what people are sayin but its right there  ->>

QPXPTwD.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jenshiye said:

As far as I can tell, the new "grey" priests have an almost full set of spells that can go with either the White Light or Black Light kingdoms. The only thing missing for the Black Lighters is Nimbleness.

So, considering how Nahjo is so popular and Nathan follows on from that, I would give Nimbleness to Tosiek or just straight up to Libila.

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Tosiek

blacklight also lack oakshell and full heal, both of which are required for the current pvp meta, putting blacklighters at a distinct disadvantage

Why not just make one deity and have everyone be a priest for that one god? And then give that priest every spell out there. That way everyone can be equal. Because that's where this road is heading with all these stupid ascended players.

Good grief, religion in this game is totally in the crapper.

• Like 2

I find the older priest/fate such as Mag . Fo  being left behind in the dirt.

New priest seem to be outclassing old ones in everyway , just by having best of the spells from all the others.

At the point i may betray my Mag to Nahjo .

How about we just revert all the priest changes, remove player gods and make it go back to where you had to carefully pick which priest you wanted to be and all that due to some not being able to archer or locate soul. Right now everyone and their mothers are priest and its quite frankly stupid you have little no down side in being a priest on pvp server. JK, Rome, VD, and I am sure MR as well have a kindgom crafter that most people have access too. So if they need to craft they can do it on those and pvp/priest on main. Pvp was much more interesting before the priest changes originally. 

Current pvp meta is Nathan/Fo priest. Have not seen a vyn/mag/tosiek/lib in a long time. 

Edited by Egard
  • Like 4

Allow only priests who are mayors to have no restrictions. 

And remove skill gain penalties from all priests.

28 minutes ago, Josh said:

remove player gods

yeee

mag or die

Edited by Oreo

8 minutes ago, MaurizioAM said:

Allow only priests who are mayors to have no restrictions. 

And remove skill gain penalties from all priests.

this except the first part because i think you had a stroke
I don't believe priests should have characteristic penalties, I'm not sure why that's in there. 

8 hours ago, Alexgopen said:

blacklight also lack oakshell and full heal, both of which are required for the current pvp meta, putting blacklighters at a distinct disadvantage

i remember i got told that bl wasnt op

so we killed everyone as bl

then i got told that bl was so op you had no chance to compete on boats after we invented the meta

then we 5v10'd bl on boats.

on land i can see oakshell being a disadvantage, heal should be given to you, but don't play it off like thats the reason you lose anything.

• Like 2

Back in the day, all you had to do was use your priests to their own advantages and eliminate ways for the enemy to capitalize on your priest's weaknesses. Very few people used Vynora priests in combat until Mongols got a couple and started maximizing the potential of the priest's skill set. Everyone looked at Mag and Fo for PvP in their true roles of combat and healer, and left a couple of people to run bicycle vynora priest account for enchanting. Libila was a good overall mix. Since that time, the lines have been blurred between the different deities and there is no longer a Pro/Con paradigm with respect to religion. The addition of the player gods have only blurred the lines even more, resulting in a meta that never existed before.

Now we're seeing more and more posts about this priest needs this spell, and that priest needs to be equal to another. If that is what PvP needs to be, then just scrap the current gods and make one unified god that has all the spells. Or better yet, make everyone capable of casting spells and crafting now, and we can just eliminate the next year of waiting for the inevitable slide down this rabbit hole that is only causing PvP to go more stale than it already is.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Propheteer said:

i remember i got told that bl wasnt op

so we killed everyone as bl

then i got told that bl was so op you had no chance to compete on boats after we invented the meta

then we 5v10'd bl on boats.

on land i can see oakshell being a disadvantage, heal should be given to you, but don't play it off like thats the reason you lose anything.

>played bl so you could both archer and spell spam on boats against opponents who had to pick one or the other with the priest archery restrictions at the time

>archery is pretty much useless as long as you know how to block arrows, and wl priest single targets are pretty useless as well, so no surprise you won all the fights

>spell spam gets nerfed and archery priest restrictions removed so you quit

>come back to play as whitelight now that you got bl nerfed into the ground, to once again win by using something your opponent cannot do (full heal on boats)

>as expected, never leaves boat

uhuh

21 minutes ago, Alexgopen said:

>played bl so you could both archer and spell spam on boats against opponents who had to pick one or the other with the priest archery restrictions at the time

>archery is pretty much useless as long as you know how to block arrows, and wl priest single targets are pretty useless as well, so no surprise you won all the fights

>spell spam gets nerfed and archery priest restrictions removed so you quit

>come back to play as whitelight now that you got bl nerfed into the ground, to once again win by using something your opponent cannot do (full heal on boats)

>as expected, never leaves boat

uhuh

there are only two problems with this.

1. archery was only ever useful against the boat driver to begin with as he can't block without sandwiches (which we were the only people using at the time.)

2. we won a lot of fights post nerf (a 5v25 comes to mind that you can find the video of on stormrays channel. actually nearly all the videos on stormrays channel are post nerf. we even won them post nerf on chaos with no issue. Is having to cycle rotting gut and worm brains too difficult for an uncoordinated group? I guess so.)

if you keep making excuses about methods you hardly ever attempt (much less use them properly), i can see how things don't look as balanced, because you aren't as experienced.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1