Sign in to follow this  
zigozag

Auto-update sorted lists

When i have a list of items in a container sorted and then some item changes, i need to click the sorting option twice. I would like to get away from it and just have the lists re-sort automatically, Of course, in many cases it would be inappropriate. So it would be nice to turn it on/off for all your GUI or (even better) for certain containers with some button or a switch. An indicator to show the state of  it would fit well too. What does community think?

Edited by zigozag
  • Like 2

+1 This is a feature i'd like to see too.

Best idea would probably be to add a "Toggle auto sort" below the "Toggle imp column" in here.

WyjH3CW.png

And then let the auto sort take over the settings from clicking the ql, dmg, weight or imp column the way it currently resorts itself once you click it.

Wether the auto sort is active or not could be indicated with a little (Auto sort: active/inactive) next to the Name in the main column

While i would like it this way, it would also seem like a "quick and dirty" solution.

However, for those who prefer imping not lowest ql first but tool after tool always having a new item jump back to the top would be annoying, and just saying "well, then don't use it" wouldn't be very nice either.

So maybe it would indeed need a bigger settings window which could be accessible the way i suggested to toggle it above.

The settings could contain stuff like:

- sort by ql/dmg/weight/imp item

- auto sort on/off

- sort upside down or bottom up

- advanced setting for sort by imp item

- move item that needs to be improved with an item that isn't in the list yet to the bottom

- an option to activate auto sort without an initial resort? (if you have already sorted the items in order of how the items are placed in your toolbelt and are too lazy to resort your toolbelt)

- ignore containers on auto sort and only move the items contained inside of them (eg buckets, small chests, backpacks, rafts, inventory groups etc) (this is a feature i'd like to see for the normal sorting too, so maybe it could apply here too if set?)

Edited by Arium
replaced the picture with a working one
  • Like 3

Not to mention autosort options to add to the autorun file.

23 hours ago, Juvlar said:

Not Wurm

If you're going to keep posting this in various threads, could you at least try to give some rationale? I hardly see how auto-sorting window contents somehow goes against the very nature of Wurm Online.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

If you're going to keep posting this in various threads, could you at least try to give some rationale? I hardly see how auto-sorting window contents somehow goes against the very nature of Wurm Online.

It isn't going against the nature of Wurm, it seems to be because Zig posted the same thing in his Family's thread so he's posted this in a few of Zig's threads.

• Like 1