Sign in to follow this  
jkirkwood

Only Mayor can name branded animals or mine out supports :(

Why is it that only the Mayor can name branded animals?  My Fo priest is the AH toon, and to keep bison organized, I have to wait for Isoki to log in and rename/name animals.  Having Fo priests (or an assistant mayor title) would be awesome. 

As a side note, the "Assistant Mayor" title could also be able to mine out supports.  My main is the miner on deed and cleaning up the tunnels and opening caverns is kind of a pain.

Thanks for all you folks do!!!

Edited by jkirkwood
afterthought
  • Like 2

+1000

There should be a permission for "Can name branded animals", since there's a permission for "branding animals"!

• Like 2

I agree.

Mayor also is the only person able to download the settlement map which is excessively restrictive to something nobody can change anything with.

2 minutes ago, Kelody said:

Mayor also is the only person able to download the settlement map which is excessively restrictive to something nobody can change anything with.

YES! Anyone should be able to, or at least let that be a permission too (maybe someone doesn't want others to take their blueprints and copy their deed elsewhere? :P)

+1 from me on this too.  I'm the only one that can tame my champ deer so they stay still long enough to be branded and named.  Seem silly that only my alt who is mayor can name them.  I can, however, brand them without any problem.  Permission to name should be a part of permission to brand.

Edited by Vroomfondel
  • Like 1

We definitely need permissions for deed plan export and renaming animals. I don't understand why this doesn't already exist, when you can set permissions for far more destructive and/or fundamental things, like managing those animals in the first place, destroying structures, etc.

I think branding is fairly important, as the ability to lock pick and could be abused if anyone on deed could 'unbrand' a horse, so it is a feature that could be abused. But you should still have the option to set others in a village with the ability to brand.

But we do have the option to set others in a village with the ability to brand...

+1 to OP. Hey, i am the only sheep breeder in my village, let my mayor allow me to name them, please!

I agree, naming things and creatures should be in the permissions. I do think however that technically it might have to be 'naming things' in a much more general way, seeing it's probably one overall setting (assigned now to mayor only). Think of renaming of gates, houses etc also. Not that this makes a difference for me, I'm  still in favor of having a 'naming-permission' in deedsettings - just it might not be feasable to make a choice just and only for 'naming animals', it might have to be a choice for the whole 'naming-package' so to speak. (Agree on deed-export in the settings also)

"Only Mayor can name branded animals or mine out supports"

Good.

In the mayor we trust.