Sign in to follow this  
Yamuliss

End GMs and CM from using there Staff Forum Accounts to conduct forum activity outside of Code Club Business and Rule Regulations.

3 hours ago, enoofu said:

Personally I know quite a few people who don't use the forums since it usually goes toxic pretty quickly on here also.

Personally I know quite a few people who don't use the forums much, since it is usually full of posts by "yes-men". This actually explains the low number of my own posts, although I am far from being a new player.

11 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

no

Extremely explanatory, detailed, and helpful.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, enoofu said:

Personally I know quite a few people who don't use the forums since it usually goes toxic pretty quickly on here also.

Very true.  A very large portion of people I've talked to in game either do not have a forum account or avoid the forums if they can help it.  When I ask why they almost always say it's because of the drama and toxicity.  It's a sad truth to say the least, but at least those players are able to disconnect from the wars and enjoy the game environment!

5 hours ago, Yamuliss said:

The titles that are illustrated on these accounts suggest a sense of power and influence and might scare other players into not being able to fully express themselves in dealings and topics.I feel its exploiting the player base and needs to some how be changed so its fair for all.

My opinion is that that is an issue the player concerned about expressing themselves needs to address with themselves. Staff posts get reported too on occasion. Not especially often because staff are held to stricter posting standards and are expected to behave well within the rules - as an example. These reports get acted on according to rules as do all other reports. Any 'influencing' as staff is purely in the mind of the reader if they choose to see it that way. Many staff are influential because they often have reasoned and experienced points to make - and that's part of the reason they're staff. Possibly you're seeing the effect as the cause and the cause as the effect...

People need to know who staff are to be able to get hold of them for a wide variety of reasons. Making staff have multiple forum accounts is messy and unhelpful. We'd end up posting far less to avoid accidental postings on the wrong account, we would no doubt slip up some times and switching accounts every 30 mins or so to see if someone has contacted me in my staff capacity would be incredibly irritating. Less staff presence on the forums would only be a bad thing. Players have been asking the staff (particularly the devs) for YEARS to be more active in discussions.

Incidentally, if staff had 'player' forum accounts, other players would demand a list of who was who anyway. Can you imagine the accusations of staff abuse that would fly around on the forums if people didn't know which our general posting accounts were? It would be endless and absolute bedlam. If such a list were published, it would completely negate the point of this change.

As such, I think making such a change would harm things in the short term and would be futile in the long run anyway.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Hordern said:

My opinion is that that is an issue the player concerned about expressing themselves needs to address with themselves. Staff posts get reported too on occasion. Not especially often because staff are held to stricter posting standards and are expected to behave well within the rules - as an example. These reports get acted on according to rules as do all other reports. Any 'influencing' as staff is purely in the mind of the reader if they choose to see it that way. Many staff are influential because they often have reasoned and experienced points to make - and that's part of the reason they're staff. Possibly you're seeing the effect as the cause and the cause as the effect...

People need to know who staff are to be able to get hold of them for a wide variety of reasons. Making staff have multiple forum accounts is messy and unhelpful. We'd end up posting far less to avoid accidental postings on the wrong account, we would no doubt slip up some times and switching accounts every 30 mins or so to see if someone has contacted me in my staff capacity would be incredibly irritating. Less staff presence on the forums would only be a bad thing. Players have been asking the staff (particularly the devs) for YEARS to be more active in discussions.

Incidentally, if staff had 'player' forum accounts, other players would demand a list of who was who anyway. Can you imagine the accusations of staff abuse that would fly around on the forums if people didn't know which our general posting accounts were? It would be endless and absolute bedlam. If such a list were published, it would completely negate the point of this change.

As such, I think making such a change would harm things in the short term and would be futile in the long run anyway.

You bring up some good examples.  I won't say that staff are always influential or have good points to make, but this post is a positive example of how staff can and do use their experience to provide insight to the other side of the coin.

I personally agree that staff interaction and transparency on the forums is beneficial and really sets Wurm apart from other game entities.

46 minutes ago, Hordern said:

I agree.  You're damned if you do and damned if you don't so there's not much point making changes that aren't going to change anything.  Some people just seem to have an axe to grind so if it isn't one thing, it'll be another. 

-1 to the op *suggestion*

Well the recent hype posted on this thread that it would complicate GMs and CMs lives on wurm is a mute topic sense your lives are already complicated with senseless censorship of people whining and complaining that others are not talking nice to each other and that you all some how have to come up with more moderation to decide what is and what is not corrective criticism. If you staff folk can take time away from your play time on wurm to decide what people can say and not say in a  forum setting then you can take the time to switch back and fourth from your game accounts and staff accounts in my opinion.  It sort of just comes with that role.  If your a GM and a CM you should be neutral in every aspect of the game. I am for another push and suggestion  to end GMs and CMs from playing PVP servers  period because of the possible favoritism that follows, i just haven't started that topic yet.

Edited by Yamuliss

It's unrealistic to force staff to have 2 accounts. If I had to log into a separate forum account to view or post in the staff section, That section just wouldn't get viewed.

6 hours ago, Slickshot said:

Don't try to slander me out in public and then ask me to take it to pm.  You want to lie about me that's fine, but be prepared to face the repercussions for it.

As far as our history goes I have 0 business dealings with you.  You've mistaken me for someone else.  I've only ever had 2 premium accounts and the one you named isn't one of them.  I still own both of my premium accounts, by the way.  So if you've been holding a long time grudge against me, I'm sorry to say that you've been wasting your time on the wrong guy.

Now that we have that cleared up, can you relax?  I don't see you picking a fight with anyone else here, so stop targeting me with this nonsense.  I'm not your foe, I'm just another player like anyone else.

Yes you are correct you backed out the sell with me so technically your correct you never owned more then the two so says you. But i do not lie and people know this about me. If im angry with you for one reason or another everyone knows that Yamuliss would have great reason to be upset and not just spout it off as such. I just don't go around picking fights Slickshot unless i have a good reason to. You have targeted me on the forum for a long time, following my posts and being rude and repulsive  and making your snide remarks when you can at every chance you have gotten so don't threaten me and act like your a staff member and im going to pay some great price with your threats. I tried to do the right thing bring you to a PM to clear the air. Everyone knows of the situation regarding the toon that was backed out of. Everyone that was staff of that given time and eveyrone knows how upset i was as you question my honesty. Yes you never purchased the toon you backed out of the deal. Now you want to pretend to be a saint because i remembered. It's laughable. I gave you the chance to take it to a PM to spare people on the forum the drama but ill bring it out in a name and shame if you keep your lieing up of the situation and ill post the posting from 2014 and yes i have them! So how far do you want to take it slick shot? How far? People know i don't bluff they know if Yamuliss says he going to do something he will do it. Don't act like you don't have alts everyone and there mother playing this game as an alt or two. You got caught you don't like it, Well to bad!  And any moderators thinking about doing something. It's my thread he responded on my thread and i could go back to some of his and call it trolling but ive not wasted your time with asking for any such thing because i can handle my own affairs. I don't need a Moderator to hold my hand on my own thread.

Edited by Yamuliss

26 minutes ago, fencejumper said:

It's unrealistic to force staff to have 2 accounts. If I had to log into a separate forum account to view or post in the staff section, That section just wouldn't get viewed.

There nothing unrealistic about it. Some people have multiple alts and they load them up and run them back to back. Nothing unrealistic about it. Perhaps you don't like it but it's not unrealistic.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Yamuliss said:

There nothing unrealistic about it. Some people have multiple alts and they load them up and run them back to back. Nothing unrealistic about it. Perhaps you don't like it but it's not unrealistic.

Running multiple game clients is nothing like running multiple forum accounts. While it's possible to run separate browsers for multiple forum accounts, It's not something that many would be willing to do, and that makes it unrealistic.

E: Some of these posts are just too long to read, Why is this just now becoming an issue?

Edited by fencejumper
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, fencejumper said:

Running multiple game clients is nothing like running multiple forum accounts. While it's possible to run separate browsers for multiple forum accounts, It's not something that many would be willing to do, and that makes it unrealistic.

E: Some of these posts are just too long to read, Why is this just now becoming an issue?

Its not unrealistic and very easy to do, Literally just change your normal browser from normal to incognito 100% of the time. Then your good to go to run as many accounts as you wish. I personally run multiple accounts on various websites, Its not difficult at all, Your just logging in with a different username and password thats all. 

Also helps managing 6 different email addresses too. There a pain to keep logging in and out of on one or two browsers, just easier to open multiple tabs and log in ^^

23 minutes ago, Yamuliss said:

Yes you are correct you backed out the sell with me so technically your correct you never owned more then the two so says you. But i do not lie and people know this about me. If im angry with you for one reason or another everyone knows that Yamuliss would have great reason to be upset and not just spout it off as such. I just don't go around picking fights Slickshot unless i have a good reason to. You have targeted me on the forum for a long time, following my posts and being rude and repulsive  and making your snide remarks when you can at every chance you have gotten so don't threaten me and act like your a staff member and im going to pay some great price with your threats. I tried to do the right thing bring you to a PM to clear the air. Everyone knows of the situation regarding the toon that was backed out of. Everyone that was staff of that given time and eveyrone knows how upset i was as you question my honesty. Yes you never purchased the toon you backed out of the deal. Now you want to pretend to be a saint because i remembered. It's laughable. I gave you the chance to take it to a PM to spare people on the forum the drama but ill bring it out in a name and shame if you keep your lieing up of the situation and ill post the posting from 2014 and yes i have them! So how far do you want to take it slick shot? How far? People know i don't bluff they know if Yamuliss says he going to do something he will do it. Don't act like you don't have alts everyone and there mother playing this game as an alt or two. You got caught you don't like it, Well to bad!  And any moderators thinking about doing something. It's my thread he responded on my thread and i could go back to some of his and call it trolling but ive not wasted your time with asking for any such thing because i can handle my own affairs. I don't need a Moderator to hold my hand on my own thread.

By all means, go ahead and post such "proof.". Dig it up and post it, right here for everyone to see.  I guarantee you there is nothing to post as far as account buying or selling goes, as I've never attempted either transaction.

Do it right out in the open and prove once and for all that you're a liar.  Also, while you're at it, go ahead and dig up any of my comments to you in the past 6 months.  You insist that I follow you around and harass you wherever you go, so by all means, prove it.  And i don't mean this petty crap where i share my opinion on your thread.  I mean cold, hard proof that I've abused you and attacked you.  It's time to put up or shut up.  

Edited by Slickshot
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, fencejumper said:

Ill agree it would be a hassle. Just like it would be a hassle to have Moderators go through and check everyone postings to make sure they don't upset people. Why is one unrealistic and not the other when in reality the other is more damaging. As i have pointed out several time. Your a Chat Mod there for your weight on what you say in a  topic setting on the forum bares more credit then what i have to say as a long  time player. Why? because your staff and i am nothing near staff. To anew player that doesn't know jack they will always side with the operational staff of the game until they gotten use to the game and have opened up more. This is just the forum point of view im saying as example the ingame issue is much more creditable. If im new why would i buy from some random player vs a staff member? The risks are heavy.

• Like 1

SlickShot

Ur off my topic. im not going to flood my own thread with your drama you know what you did leave it at that. I am not wasting my time with you on this thread i may go through with a name and shame to shut you up and thats exactly what it will be but it will be when im good and ready and not on your demand im busy with my thread and this topic you want to continue to break the rules and troll the forum and this thread then by all means do so but ill not respond to anymore of your child like behavior and none sense.

Edited by Yamuliss

7 hours ago, Yamuliss said:

If rolf was playing on the freedom servers as a crafter and selling goods....

LOL @ Rolf chipping bricks....

But seriously, this is one of the most stupid suggestions I've seen in awhile.  I'll also add that the OP comes dangerously close to staff bashing.  You have no right to dictate how the staff use THEIR forums.

• Like 1

People are arguing for this while simultaneously arguing for more staff transparency. I find this ironic and hilarious.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

LOL @ Rolf chipping bricks....

But seriously, this is one of the most stupid suggestions I've seen in awhile.  I'll also add that the OP comes dangerously close to staff bashing.  You have no right to dictate how the staff use THEIR forums.

Who said dictation i said a suggestion your entitled to your opinion as everyone else.

This idea has been tried before and backfired.  It did not work.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Yamuliss said:

If your a GM and a CM you should be neutral in every aspect of the game. I am for another push and suggestion  to end GMs and CMs from playing PVP servers  period because of the possible favoritism that follows, i just haven't started that topic yet.

Please don't. I have to say that it would be incredibly unwise. Having only GM's who have no experience of PvP mechanics called in to deal with PvP orientated support calls would be the death of the PvP servers. As it is every action undertaken by a GM on a PvP server is scrutinised, both by GM's in other kingdoms and 'impartial' [I use that term in inverted commas because in my opinion every GM is impartial] Freedom GM's.

I've lost count of the number of times Smejack [and others, but she sticks in the mind as especially helpful in this regard] has made the lives of the GM team infinitely easier by explaining a mechanic that a non-PvP GM is trying to understand. Without that knowledge the PvP servers would implode.

Edit: Sorry, hit reply before I saw this thread was locked.

• Like 3